New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *Jadee - thank you sir.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys, any news on current issues of the nissan NP300? The price of that calibre 4x2 is really tempting. May nabalitaan lang ako na problem sa 7-speed tranny? Also does the 4x2 use the same engine as the last model?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    any details about the tranny problem? bought my 4x2 AT last May but only got to use it for a week before I went on my 3 month assignment to the US. looking forward to driving it more once i'm back :D

one thing i noticed about the tranny is that in manual mode, it over rides you when you upshift/downshift and it thinks you're beyond the optimal rpm range. not that its a bad thing, just not so "manual". also takes a long time to upshift from the low gears when its still cold. i warm up for probly 2 minutes before i go - just enough time to adjust the seat, mirrors, AC, and radio.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Hi guys, any news on current issues of the nissan NP300? The price of that calibre 4x2 is really tempting. May nabalitaan lang ako na problem sa 7-speed tranny? Also does the 4x2 use the same engine as the last model?
    sir ano issue nabalitaan niyo about the traanny?

2.5 cc for all variants but 4x4s has higher HP 190 and 163 of 4x2s ata.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonseclaire View Post

I read that it does not hold gears well? Not sure tho. I really want to get the navarra but worried of the ownership. Pero so far wala naman prob ang local owners. Sana wala sa atin ang problema

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonseclaire View Post

I read that it does not hold gears well? Not sure tho. I really want to get the navarra but worried of the ownership. Pero so far wala naman prob ang local owners. Sana wala sa atin ang problema

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^heard that its now fixed with D23, maybe local owners could confirm this. The problem exist on V6 7-sp auto not holding the lower gear when going steep downward inclines rather upshifts picking up speed w/c is dangerous for offroading. Irony about the issue is the same tranny with R51 Pathy don't have such issue maybe because HDC BA comes standard.

For the M/T its too early to tell if dual mess flywheel could last the abuse of higher torque engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I have 7AT VL and my friend has the 7AT EL, so far wala naman problem sa tranny and from the truck itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ptk675 View Post
    one thing i noticed about the tranny is that in manual mode, it over rides you when you upshift/downshift and it thinks you're beyond the optimal rpm range. not that its a bad thing, just not so "manual". also takes a long time to upshift from the low gears when its still cold. i warm up for probly 2 minutes before i go - just enough time to adjust the seat, mirrors, AC, and radio.
    I found this to be true.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^heard that its now fixed with D23, maybe local owners could confirm this. The problem exist on V6 7-sp auto not holding the lower gear when going steep downward inclines rather upshifts picking up speed w/c is dangerous for offroading. Irony about the issue is the same tranny with R51 Pathy don't have such issue maybe because HDC BA comes standard.

For the M/T its too early to tell if dual mess flywheel could last the abuse of higher torque engine.
    Thank you for this. What is D23 and when you said V6, im assuming this is an engine variant, obviously not offered in PHL

Thank you for this. What is D23 and when you said V6, im assuming this is an engine variant, obviously not offered in PHL

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    D23 is the chassis code for this new navara/np300/frontier that superseded the D40 and the older brother D22.

7sp a/t was first used in the pickup line with the facelifted D40 mated to a Renault V9x motor twas made available in eu/au market. This 7sp tranny is the heavy duty version of what 370z, infiniti G37,fx37,fx50 have.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    D23 is the chassis code for this new navara/np300/frontier that superseded the D40 and the older brother D22.

7sp a/t was first used in the pickup line with the facelifted D40 mated to a Renault V9x motor twas made available in eu/au market. This 7sp tranny is the heavy duty version of what 370z, infiniti G37,fx37,fx50 have.
    Thank you very much. Im now having second thoughts if this navara is worthy to replace my fortuner. Pick-up vs Suv. The Navara's specs are so good.

Thank you very much. Im now having second thoughts if this navara is worthy to replace my fortuner. Pick-up vs Suv. The Navara's specs are so good.