New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Not sure I'd like to have DPF. I wonder how often it will have to go through its burn cycle with Euro 2 fuel.. On the flip side, with the DPF particulates will be zero. No fears even if ASBU's are resurrected.

Re: rear coil springs they should be fine if you stick to the maximum load capacity. I don't see any issue with coils if they are rated with the same capacity as leaf springs. Coils are also easier to change out and cheaper compared to a complete leaf pack. And yep, airbags are awesome. You can soften/harden the suspension any way you want depending on your load. Just a bit expensive.
    Re: rear coil springs - how about the handling and load capacity compare to leaf springs? Matagtag talaga ang leaf springs

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Anybody here who ordered and will get their units within the week already?
    I reserved as early as they told they are starting the reservation campaign. Reserved VL AT white from two dealership. They told me they were given limited and random variants and color for each dealership. First dealership ask if I want an orange and the other is asking if I want the black one. And they are both available na If I agreed I can get it this weekend. Still waiting for the white one and both dealership said next shipment for my white VL will be available on the first or second week of march.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    Re: rear coil springs - how about the handling and load capacity compare to leaf springs? Matagtag talaga ang leaf springs
    IMO if they have the same load capacity with leaf springs, the coils' handling should be better, but it still depends on a lot of things like shocks, ride height, etc. Leaf springs don't really do well with high velocity stuff like rumble strips and the like. Although the softer sprung ones like the Ranger and Strada are pretty good. With the increase in ride height I don't think the new Navara will handle as well as the old D40.

Re: load capacity the rear coils look really soft, so my money's on less than the old one. Pickup manufacturers like quoting really optimistic cargo capacities. If you try to load up to max gvw on any leaf sprung pick-up you'll find that the leaves are flattened or inverted. Not good. There's supposed to be enough suspension travel available even at max load.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; February 18th, 2015 at 11:12 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    leaf springs-- depende nalang yan... yung sa strada and sa ranger hindi naman matagtag... sakto lang

coil springs- not all coil springs hindi matagtag.. mas matagtag pa nga Trailblazer kesa sa Ranger..

the best thing to do is to test drive it...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

leaf springs-- depende nalang yan... yung sa strada and sa ranger hindi naman matagtag... sakto lang

coil springs- not all coil springs hindi matagtag.. mas matagtag pa nga Trailblazer kesa sa Ranger..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post

Thanks sir glenn.
    Ot: sir galing ako sa ford meron recall sa turbo hose pinapalitan nila.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    IMO if they have the same load capacity with leaf springs, the coils' handling should be better, but it still depends on a lot of things like shocks, ride height, etc. Leaf springs don't really do well with high velocity stuff like rumble strips and the like. Although the softer sprung ones like the Ranger and Strada are pretty good. With the increase in ride height I don't think the new Navara will handle as well as the old D40.

Re: load capacity the rear coils look really soft, so my money's on less than the old one. Pickup manufacturers like quoting really optimistic cargo capacities. If you try to load up to max gvw on any leaf sprung pick-up you'll find that the leaves are flattened or inverted. Not good. There's supposed to be enough suspension travel available even at max load.
    Thanks for the info

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You're welcome Sorry for my dyslexia, I meant low velocity suspension movement instead of high velocity.

The truck looks better in the metal. This site did a good job of capturing its nice angles though:

2015 Nissan Navara Review - Photos (4 of 104) | CarAdvice

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    The brown version looks nice. Not much brown pick-ups that I've seen here so far, and this color seems to be getting popular in cars and the MUX that's been recently released.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadee View Post
    I reserved as early as they told they are starting the reservation campaign. Reserved VL AT white from two dealership. They told me they were given limited and random variants and color for each dealership. First dealership ask if I want an orange and the other is asking if I want the black one. And they are both available na If I agreed I can get it this weekend. Still waiting for the white one and both dealership said next shipment for my white VL will be available on the first or second week of march.
    Ah, I see. I was able to attend the launching of the all-new truck earlier at Nissan North EDSA. I noticed that most of the units I've seen there (about 4 or 5 of them) were only clad in either black or orange. No silver and white units at all, the former of which I still want to see in flesh. Was able to test drive it with my dad. Although it was only short, we we're able to notice that there's no turbo lag and the ride was very smooth & comfortable but I'm not sure if the ride is also the same for the TOTL 4x4 variants, since they have bigger wheels than the 4x2 AT unit that we tested today. The prices of the 4x2 variants are very tempting but I'm wondering why the audio and cruise controls in the steering wheel aren't standard for the 4x2s in the first place. Still, for the price and for what it can offer, I can say that the truck is totally a good bargain after all, though prices will probably start to jack up by next month. We're hoping in getting a 4x2 EL MT Calibre variant later this year once it becomes possible.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think with the limited number of units available it just boils down to which dealership got certain color/s. I haven't seen a white one myself, but I have seen all the other colors (black, brown, orange and silver). The brown one does look nice, and kinda unique. The orange is has sparkly bits (metallic if you will). I kinda hoped the orange would be more like the X-trail's but it isn't hehe.

Given how relatively bare the 4x2 is, it feels like NPI is really pushing the 4x4. I haven't test driven one yet but one gripe I have with the new model is the rear seat legroom which seems shorter. The backrest angle is one of the best though, better than the Ranger which still has a too upright backrest. Its also better in that it has no lump at the floor in the middle rear seat like the Ranger. The Ranger' rear legroom may be a bit better but the middle seat is really uncomfortable as the center console sticks out so much to the rear.

One great thing about the interior is the number of device charging points. There are charging points on the dash, instrument panel and the center console.

I think with the limited number of units available it just boils down to which dealership got certain color/s. I haven't seen a white one myself, but I have seen all the other colors (black, brown, orange and silver). The brown one does look nice, and kinda unique. The orange is has sparkly bits (metallic if you will). I kinda hoped the orange would be more like the X-trail's but it isn't hehe.

Given how relatively bare the 4x2 is, it feels like NPI is really pushing the 4x4. I haven't test driven one yet but one gripe I have with the new model is the rear seat legroom which seems shorter. The backrest angle is one of the best though, better than the Ranger which still has a too upright backrest. Its also better in that it has no lump at the floor in the middle rear seat like the Ranger. The Ranger' rear legroom may be a bit better but the middle seat is really uncomfortable as the center console sticks out so much to the rear.

One great thing about the interior is the number of device charging points. There are charging points on the dash, instrument panel and the center console.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast