New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    any reviews on the cefiro?..mga 97-01 pati na rin yung bago?..has nissan service improved?..durability and parts availability..tnx again!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nissan durability has always been at par with toyota and honda since the early 90's...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We've had Nissans since 1993 and we've had no major problems outside of the normal wear and tear parts that needed to be changed (we just follow the regular mainatainance). My main gripe with our Nissan Sentra now is that it has some interior rattle gremlins that i can't seem to pinpoint. Parts availability for the later models (1993-up) are OK, be it surplus or brand new.

On the Cefiro, the engine is really silky smooth. It's not a street racer car but rather it's more at home on the highways when it comes to performance... very smooth and stable evn at speeds going over 160kph. It does tend to understeer though if you push her hard. We've had ours for over two years now with no major problems. The interior a/c panel bulbs need to be changed, and it needs new front shocks.

The second hand ones are a good buy as well. Get a '97-98 model for around 400K more or less, upgrade the exterior to the Elite look, then add 17's or 18's... swabe.

Of course, a lot on the reliability and durability boils down to the care of the owner on the car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pre-owned cefiros are a TREMENDOUS deal. you can get a 99 for something like 500+T i think and a 2000 for 600T yata

that is a great BARGAIN.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung first car namin, a nissan maxima, umabot ng 8 yrs sa amin (199T kms) before we sold it. walang naging major problem naman except for the wear and tear parts. oops, nagkaproblem pala kami sa compressor ng aircon. yun lang. we had bought more nissan cars than other brands. feeling ko mas matibay or kasing tibay nito lahat ng japanese brands. mas madami pa atang naging sira yung 3 yr old na crv namin now kesa sa mga naging cars namin na nissan. mentality kasi ng mga pinoy dito puro toyota. ayaw nila ng nissan.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    aside from the cosmetic changes wala bang kaibahan ang 97-98 cefiros to the cefiro elite?......and if i do get the older 97s..where can i get accs to upgrade to the elite look?..one more pa pala fuel consumption? tnx tnx tnx

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nasa 6.0 yata ang average city fuel consumption ng cefiro... could be a little more or less, about similar to a 2.2/2.3 Accord...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Around 6-7+ for the m/t version duriong city drives i think (based on my friend's inputs). I never had the chance to really compute the mileage on ours. To give a rough idea, i used up about P500 worth of gas from Manila to La Union with 4 passengers plus baggage (a mixture of hard and easy driving).

On the differences, they're mostly aesthetic except that the PS in the "classic" '97-'98 Cefiros are a bit heavier then the '98 Elite-up models.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dami palang papalitan to upgrade to elite look...e di ill get na lang yung totoong elite look kahit brougham na lang...pati bumper..trunk iba etc etc..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    brougham is the top-of-the-range model... yung elite is the lower-end cefiro model

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]