New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ecport View Post
    Hello. Would like to know if anyone can recommend a shop that can repair or fix the alternator of my cefiro. Assuming of course an alternator can still be reliably fixed. Kung replacement, how much would a new one cost? Thanks.
    San location mo? If you're near Marikina, try Rey's (details in my post above). I think may branch din sila somewhersa Cubao.

Of course, best ang brand new...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    repair or straight surplus. yung sariwa, hehe. dami sa banawe, at derecho salpak na.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will go to Wizzard, its nearer. I've been to Rey's at Cubao and I think they are related. Not sure if Rey is the son or nephew of the person who owns Wizzard. Hindi lang kasi ako sure if surplus is reliable. Cefiro alternator should be 120 amps right?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^120AMP. If IC lang sira, then its probably ok to replace just the defective part. But when its due for rewind, I'd go surplus na. You can have it tested naman before installing. Most electrical shops have this machine that can check if an alternator is working.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks non-vtec. Just an update, I went to Wizzard and they checked my alternator. It is charging at 12.8V, which according to their device is good enough (aircon and headlights powered on). I then went to a battery shop to have a second opinion, their analog meter showed 12.4V. Ok pa rin daw pero mahina na kumarga. Dapat daw mga 14 Volts. The battery shop owner told me that there is a good repair shop/supplier of alternators at Roosevelt, near Pantranco.

I called up YoungBros, they have brand new Cefiro alternators for PHP15K. I called Nissan Gallery Quezon Ave, no stock but quoted me PHP 20,400.00.

My question is: if the alternator generates 12.4 to 12.8volts, isn't that good enough? For so long as the alternator charges more than what the car uses, then it should be ok, right? TIA.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    IMO 12.4 is low indeed. 12.8-13++ volts dapat. BTW how old is your battery? Does your headlight dim when the AC engages? Check and clean the grounds muna then have it checked at a battery shop again if it improves.

Otherwise, just go surplus. I know its a hit or miss thing but most Cefiros in Japan aren't as abused as lets say a civic or a corolla. Chances are you get slightly used parts which are good enough for another 5 years.

BTW, I used to have 97 A32 and when I sold it, its still using the factory installed alternator up to now. That's Nissan's durability.

Just ask around in Banawe. I usually get my parts at 5C Surplus and lately sa HGT (old banawe) Most shops offer a replacement warranty if the part is defective.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    selling our nissan cefiro 2006. black. all leather with hid headlights. only 16k km. bnew condition. no accidents, no door dings, seldom used. only for 690k negotiable. ep 8. please contact 09178389883. thanks

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hrv888 View Post
    selling our nissan cefiro 2006. black. all leather with hid headlights. only 16k km. bnew condition. no accidents, no door dings, seldom used. only for 690k negotiable. ep 8. please contact 09178389883. thanks
    300EX or Brougham or Elite?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    There are two screws at the back of the tach holding the electrical contacts which are prone to come loose. Tightening them usually solves the problem.
    Hi, I also have the same problem with my Tach, Can you attach a picture of the two screws at the back so ican check as well?

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Can't exactly find a pic of the rear of the tach, but here's a tutorial from the web on how to disassemble the cluster. It's usually the Ground connection (marked "GND") which gets loose.

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...lots-pics.html

All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]