New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    no worries mate, it doesnt discourage me at all... these big cars come with hefty maintenance costs... i knew that while i was paying the buy and sell guy, hehehe.

did you include the replacement of the waterpump, timing chain and thermostat? if any of those things break and you're running around out of town its going to be a big problem.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    agree ako sa sinabi ni sir ecport. after 8 years (even less), some major or minor car parts will have to give way. i just had my cefiro's whole transmission replaced by a brand new one coz of unavailability of 2 major parts (one-side turn bearing and planetary gear, as my mechanic said). i've asked around in banawe and they don't have those 2 parts. some said that all they sell are whole transmissions except for the rebuilding kits.

now, i'm selling the rest of my old transmission to anyone interested. maganda pa raw yung mga natirang parts...yung na-mention ko lang ang wala. if anyone is interested, please p.m. me na lang so we can talk about it and so that i can recommend my mechanic who knows where to get cheap brand new nissan parts (actually, hindi lang nissan parts).

happy driving fellow cefiro owners!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Found a shop called Cruven at #44, 4th Avenue, QC and would like to recommend it to all you Cefiro lovers. Good and efficient service and most of all hindi taga! On hindsight I should have brought my Cefiro there and possibly had it repaired for a fraction of the cost. They are good at sourcing parts for your car, even for european cars. Their expertise is suspension and underchassis repairs. Look for Chito. You can google Cruven and check out their multiply website. I had the steering mechanism of my Kia Carnival fixed there.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Need some advice.

Between 00-02 Nissan Cefiro Elite and 01-04 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G. which is the better buy? Be it in terms of comfort and space, parts availability, price, practicality. Not really into the "sport" side but more on the solid feel.

I know it's a weird comparison, but they're both the best cars of their times and level.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLOver17 View Post
    Need some advice.

Between 00-02 Nissan Cefiro Elite and 01-04 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G. which is the better buy? Be it in terms of comfort and space, parts availability, price, practicality. Not really into the "sport" side but more on the solid feel.

I know it's a weird comparison, but they're both the best cars of their times and level.
    Siyempre Cefiro.. hehehe...

Kidding aside, personally:

Comfort and space - Cefiro
    parts availability - medyo pareho lang; siguro 51% Altis then 49% Cefiro
    Price - Cefiro. Mas mahal ata Toyota e
    Practicality - Altis; mas malakas sa gas Cefiro at mas mahal ata registration e.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Need some advice.

You will have more credibility if you drive a Cefiro

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Need some advice.

i own a 98 cefiro.

walang binatbat yung feeling of mass and solidity yung altis sa cefiro. but both are quiet and powerful.

sa presyo lang talaga magkakatalo. 200k cefiro vs. 380-430k altis is simply no contest.

FC reminds me of my 2000 crv. parang mas malakas pa nga yung crv eh.

if you go with a cefiro, do choose the low miles unit with no engine leaks and smooth shifting tranny.

one gripe i have abt the cefiro, prang medyo jittery/skittish sya sa uneven road surfaces (yung hindi pantay pantay na cemento).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Wow! dami matutunan dito. Planning to buy one soon. ano po ba model tumigil yung pag offer nung manual tranny?

Thank you po.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by m707 View Post
    Siyempre Cefiro.. hehehe...

Kidding aside, personally:

Comfort and space - Cefiro
    parts availability - medyo pareho lang; siguro 51% Altis then 49% Cefiro
    Price - Cefiro. Mas mahal ata Toyota e
    Practicality - Altis; mas malakas sa gas Cefiro at mas mahal ata registration e.

Mahal nga registration ng Cefiro. Had mine registered last week. P6.5k sa LTO registration pa lang. Not including TPL, emission testing, etc. (bakit yung W116 ni erpats approx. P2.5k lang registration?).

Sulit naman Cefiro e

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    good evening to all. help me naman, third brake light of my 2001 cefiro elite not working, ano kaya problema, naka fixed pala yun sa likod hindi rin madukot. san kaya pwede ipagawa d2 sa cubao area? one thing more meron b pwede mabilan nung owners manual?

All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]