New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Actually the current price for the Cefiro is a steal already. What you're getting is a full sized luxury sedan with leather seats, sunroof, plush ride and an award winning VQ engine.

Anyway I'm not sure if detailing can fix a corroded paint. You can have it painted per panel at a good paint shop.

The compressor should disengage when you push the ECON button and you should hear a "click" sound. The AC system of the cefiro is way advanced during its time. The digital climate control is a real novelty. Just set the temp you prefer and it will automatically adjust the blower for you. Unlike the conventional type AC where you're always hunting for best setting.

Its good that the owner agreed to bring it to a dealership for a thorough check up. Expect to have other parts that might need replacing too. You can opt to get surplus parts or replacement parts. There are lots of them in banawe. With that i mind, its not that hard to maintain a luxury car.

As long as you can live with a 6-8km/l city driving and 9km++/l highway driving then go for it. For the comfort and decent power it provides, I think its worth it.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks, non-vtec. I haven't heard from the owner (she probably changed her mind about the casa inspection thing). But I do have other Cefiros to look at this week.

I've just been through the headaches of maintaining an old Benz (190E), so I'm sure the Cefiro would be easier on the wallet. And I'm fine with 6km/L (my 190E averaged 5km/L, so I covered the fuel gauge )

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by woulfe27 View Post
    Thanks, non-vtec. I haven't heard from the owner (she probably changed her mind about the casa inspection thing). But I do have other Cefiros to look at this week.

I've just been through the headaches of maintaining an old Benz (190E), so I'm sure the Cefiro would be easier on the wallet. And I'm fine with 6km/L (my 190E averaged 5km/L, so I covered the fuel gauge )

Hi woulfe27,

I'm sorry for butting in but I just want to help my brother sell his car... I think it's worth a look. If you are considering to buy a Cefiro which might need some repairs, you might end up spending more. I'm not saying that my brother has a perfect Cefiro but engine wise, it's in tip-top condition with no oil leaks. There's no problem with the transmission and under chassis. I can tell you that it needs new tires and some interior cleaning. Maybe this you can work out with him.

I have sent you a PM with his name and contact numbers.

Have a look... Make an offer...

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    HEY IM SELLING MY CAR TO ITS A NISSAN SYLVIA S14 98

TXT ME 09228877484

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Patulong naman po.

I have a 97 cefiro purchased last year. napaayos ko na ibang mga sira but merong pang natira, at merong nag-appear bigla:

1. kailangan warmed-up muna yung engine para gumana yung "D" sa automatic transmission. otherwise, kailan mag-start muna sa "1" or "2". pag less than fully warmed-up yung engine, either hindi kakagat sa "D" o kaya may shift shock na mararamdaman. Sabi nung isang mekaniko, kailangan na daw i-overhaul buong transmission. What do you think guys? any advise kung saan maganda at mura kung sakasakali?

2. May mga kumakatok na sounds na hindi matrace na mekaniko ko. Parang nasa panel or sa aircon. Sinikipan na lahat ng wires, sinilip ung sa tires at sa engine, pero walang makita. May spesyalista ba para sa mga undiagnosed na mga kalampang na ito?

3. may kabig sa left yung steering wheel na hindi ma-correct ng computerized wheel alignment, balancing at camber. sabi ng mga tao dun, di na raw talaga macocorrect yun due to some mechanical problem dun sa kotse mismo. tama po ba yun?

Hoping po for your opinions with regards to these problems. thank you very much po

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    1. Start with the cheapest solution muna...replace or flush the ATF. A/T transmissions are expensive to rebuild. Might as well get a fresh surplus tranny.

2. For this hard to find problem, IMO, better have it checked sa CASA. Most independent shops are jack of all trades. But your Nissan Casa is better equipped with knowledge and proper diagnostic tools to fix your car. Needless to say, mas kabisado nila ang car natin.

3. Check if the car has been involved in an accident. If not then you might have to check on the tires and other suspension and steering parts. Note that not all have alignment machines that are properly calibrated. There's a shop where I frequent to have this "computerized" alignment where it took me 3 visits to their shop to finally align my car.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Yung sa kin me konting kabig din sa left, so I brought it to Minerva Tyre Gallery along Macapagal Blvd. Pag within specs yung alignment me kabig talaga sa left, kaya I told the technician na "hilahin" ng konti sa kanan, kahit medyo mawala sa specs. Umubra naman.

BTW, make sure pare-pareho tire sizes mo. Yung sa kin pala staggered sizes, kaya nung nag-rotate parang hindi malaman nung kotse kung san pupunta hehe.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi Everyone!

Nice to know that there's a thread like this for Cefiro owners like me. I recently accquired a 98 Cefiro (i got it for a very good price considering that there's nothing to fix) and was considering in slowly dressing it up a bit. Im not really well versed with Car jargons like the JDM's or the Euro looks (although i would like to know if there are cefiro versions of this)and all but im definitely interested in making my Cefiro look nice. So far what i got is an 18' inch Linea Corse rims.Im considering dropping it a bit but i might be letting go of the smooth ride that i have. Im also considering getting mufflers (not sure which one is good and would look nice),and HID's.I'm thinking of just doing a conservative set-up.Nothing fancy since i dont race and i cant sacrifice the comfort for my family.I just want it to look "pogi".

Your advice/tips will highly be appreciated.

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_Fuentes View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Nice to know that there's a thread like this for Cefiro owners like me. I recently accquired a 98 Cefiro (i got it for a very good price considering that there's nothing to fix) and was considering in slowly dressing it up a bit. Im not really well versed with Car jargons like the JDM's or the Euro looks (although i would like to know if there are cefiro versions of this)and all but im definitely interested in making my Cefiro look nice. So far what i got is an 18' inch Linea Corse rims.Im considering dropping it a bit but i might be letting go of the smooth ride that i have. Im also considering getting mufflers (not sure which one is good and would look nice),and HID's.I'm thinking of just doing a conservative set-up.Nothing fancy since i dont race and i cant sacrifice the comfort for my family.I just want it to look "pogi".

Your advice/tips will highly be appreciated.

Thanks
    sir please join cefiro club * http://cefiroclub.tk/

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sir gud pm i have a problem with my nissan cefiro elite 01' ang lakas ng fuel consumption nya 4km/liter baka naman may ma recommend ka na macorrect etong problem ko abt fuel consumption..

All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]