New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mga sir little help naman po..hehe pwede po ba ako humingi ng complete diagram or list ng mga values ng fuse sa may ilalim ng steering wheel. nawala po aksi yung cover niya nawala po ata ng first owner ng car. para po sa 1998 cefiro classic, iba-iba po kasi yung mga values mga fuse ng elite at brougham sa classic as far as i know. thanks po ng marami! pasend nalang po sa PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hI FELLOW CEFIRO OWNERS

I bought a 2000 cefiro elite( sunroof power seats) last week.Itong sa akin ba brougham body na?It doesnt look like 97 98 99 eh.Iba itsura especially sa mga ilaw.Wats the difference ba between 99 and 2000 cefiro.

I had it diagnosed sa Nissan. and they recommended the following

Need to replace engine main harness
    replace resonator assembly
    Air duct assembly
    Brake booster assembly
    All ignition coil
    tachometer assembly
    sparkplugs
    frt rh ABS SENSOR
    tachometer assembly
    timing chain

So far Napagawa ko na ( engine harness,air duct,ignition oil,abs sensor,timing chain,brake assembly)sa labas ko na pinagawa kasi sa casa 100thou daw aabutin

Sparkplugs na lang kulang ( ang mahal 3thou yung anim!), at yung sa gauges( hindi ko makita yung needle ng tachometer at ng speedometer ..walang ilaw yun pinaka needle pero yung buong gauge may ilaw naman..pano kaya yun? tsaka
    Do you have an idea how much pa replace yung wood panel sa may center console malapit sa shifter?i want it replaced kasi may basag na maliit.

Thanks!!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hI FELLOW CEFIRO OWNERS

I bought a 2000 cefiro elite( sunroof power seats) last week.Itong sa akin ba brougham body na?It doesnt look like 97 98 99 eh.Iba itsura especially sa mga ilaw.Wats the difference ba between 99 and 2000 cefiro.

I had it diagnosed sa Nissan. and they recommended the following

Need to replace engine main harness
    replace resonator assembly
    Air duct assembly
    Brake booster assembly
    All ignition coil
    tachometer assembly
    sparkplugs
    frt rh ABS SENSOR
    tachometer assembly
    timing chain

So far Napagawa ko na ( engine harness,air duct,ignition oil,abs sensor,timing chain,brake assembly)sa labas ko na pinagawa kasi sa casa 100thou daw aabutin

Sparkplugs na lang kulang ( ang mahal 3thou yung anim!), at yung sa gauges( hindi ko makita yung needle ng tachometer at ng speedometer ..walang ilaw yun pinaka needle pero yung buong gauge may ilaw naman..pano kaya yun? tsaka
    Do you have an idea how much pa replace yung wood panel sa may center console malapit sa shifter?i want it replaced kasi may basag na maliit.

Thanks!!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I think you bought a 2000 elite the last facelift of the A32 body. AFAIK, the 97-98 Cefiros are known as the Classic. Then the 99-03 Had two trims; Elite and Brougham. Purely cosmetic lang ang difference, they all have the same engines.

Regarding your shifter bezel, it costs around 7k sa casa. You can opt to get a surplus or you can have it repaired. I had my shifter panel repaired at Leder Interia. They did a pretty good job kasi it looked good as new.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    I think you bought a 2000 elite the last facelift of the A32 body. AFAIK, the 97-98 Cefiros are known as the Classic. Then the 99-03 Had two trims; Elite and Brougham. Purely cosmetic lang ang difference, they all have the same engines.

Regarding your shifter bezel, it costs around 7k sa casa. You can opt to get a surplus or you can have it repaired. I had my shifter panel repaired at Leder Interia. They did a pretty good job kasi it looked good as new.
    sir saan yung leder interia?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I'm currently in the market for a Cefiro. What's the fair market value for a 2000 or 2001 Cefiro?

I've test drove a couple of them and I'm eyeing a 2000 Cefiro Elite. Car has 92K KMs on the odometer, but it still shifts smoothly in D. The asking price is 260K but still negotiable (maybe 250k).

My concerns are:

- there are oil leaks that appear to be coming from the valve covers (my corolla has the same problem, but with the Cefiro, I'm not sure if the leaks are indeed coming from the valve covers).I checked the oil and there's no trace of coolant contamination.

- AT engagement to R is not as smooth as engagement to D. There is a very slight jerk/shift shock. Is this normal? (when in D the car shifts at about 2,000 RPM)

- Suspension arm bushings. Nissan Gallery said that the whole suspension arm needs to be replaced. Can I buy just the bushing and bring the suspension arm to the machine shop for pressing?

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Norman,

They're located at #9 Sct Madrinan, QC. If your coming form quezon ave, turn left at Music 21. Then right at Sct Madrinan. Parang house lang sya with a brown gate. Look for Rusty.

Woulfe27,

You need to have the car lifted for other possible source of oil leak. If sa valve cover lang hindi pa ganun ka major yan. But if sa ilalim, madami kasi oil seals ang Cefiro, you have to pull down the engine to replace the other oil seals.

Sa A/T, I think normal yung konting jerk when you shift to D mode pero If you can check the tranny and engine supports na rin for possible cracks.

Regarding the bushings, Yes, you can replace the bushings lang then machine press the new one. Most suspension shops can do this.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by woulfe27 View Post
    I'm currently in the market for a Cefiro. What's the fair market value for a 2000 or 2001 Cefiro?

I've test drove a couple of them and I'm eyeing a 2000 Cefiro Elite. Car has 92K KMs on the odometer, but it still shifts smoothly in D. The asking price is 260K but still negotiable (maybe 250k).

My concerns are:

- there are oil leaks that appear to be coming from the valve covers (my corolla has the same problem, but with the Cefiro, I'm not sure if the leaks are indeed coming from the valve covers).I checked the oil and there's no trace of coolant contamination.

- AT engagement to R is not as smooth as engagement to D. There is a very slight jerk/shift shock. Is this normal? (when in D the car shifts at about 2,000 RPM)

- Suspension arm bushings. Nissan Gallery said that the whole suspension arm needs to be replaced. Can I buy just the bushing and bring the suspension arm to the machine shop for pressing?

Thanks!

sir woulfe27, you have pm

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks, non-vtec.

I had the car lifted at Total in Libis (I do that each time a inspect a used car). It appears na sa valve cover lang nanggagaling yung leaks, but I wanted to be sure kaya sabi ko dun sa seller pacheck muna nya sa Nissan Gallery. Pumayag naman (but I haven't heard from her since yestreday).

The engine's very quiet and wala pa symptoms ng timing chain rattle. Here the things that require fixing:

suspension arm bushings
    driver side power window (Ayaw bumaba, parang yung Corolla ko hehe. ok lang sana kung sa rear e)
    Wheel alignment (tabingi steering wheel)
    Paint smudges (mukhang natuluan ng brake fluid yung paint sa isang door. not sure kung makukuha to sa rubbing compound o kaya sa Big Bert's. theveed?)

My major concern are the oil leaks. Sana hindi sa cylinder nanggagaling

Assuming na maayos ito lahat ng seller (except the paint kung malalim na kinain ng brake fluid), would it be a reasonable buy at 260k? It's a Cefiro Elite year model 2000.

Another question, bakit parang hindi namamatay automatically yung AC compressor when I press the Economy button sa climate control? Umiinit yung buga ng hangin pero parang naka-engage pa rin ang compressor (there is no change in the RPM. wala kahit konti pitik yung RPM needle). Is that normal? Di kse ako pamilyar sa AC ng nissan. Mas pamilyar ako sa AC ng Toyota and old Benz models.

Thanks again

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Actually the current price for the Cefiro is a steal already. What you're getting is a full sized luxury sedan with leather seats, sunroof, plush ride and an award winning VQ engine.

Anyway I'm not sure if detailing can fix a corroded paint. You can have it painted per panel at a good paint shop.

The compressor should disengage when you push the ECON button and you should hear a "click" sound. The AC system of the cefiro is way advanced during its time. The digital climate control is a real novelty. Just set the temp you prefer and it will automatically adjust the blower for you. Unlike the conventional type AC where you're always hunting for best setting.

Its good that the owner agreed to bring it to a dealership for a thorough check up. Expect to have other parts that might need replacing too. You can opt to get surplus parts or replacement parts. There are lots of them in banawe. With that i mind, its not that hard to maintain a luxury car.

As long as you can live with a 6-8km/l city driving and 9km++/l highway driving then go for it. For the comfort and decent power it provides, I think its worth it.

All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]