New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    G'day fellow Cefiro owners. I just bought mine from a buyer and seller last March 2. She says it's a 1999 model, but when I surfed the net, I see that it looks like a '97 or '98. Anyways, I agree with all of you as regards the ride. Medyo mabagal umarangkada pero hanep sa rekta. I don't have the service manual that's why kahit malinis pa ang langis, I will have maintenance checkup na next week. My mechanic says platinum sparkplugs are best. What about the oil? Which is best for Cefiro? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    do you have the v6 or the 4 in line 2.0?

i'd stick to what the manual recommends for the spark plug type. cheaper, usually, and just as reliable as platinum tipped. unless you're running a highly modified engine and a turbo with high compression, high end sparkplugs wont make much difference anyway. they won't make your car go any faster, too.

PS: i don't own a cefiro. just a fan. hehe

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by balaraw View Post
    G'day fellow Cefiro owners. I just bought mine from a buyer and seller last March 2. She says it's a 1999 model, but when I surfed the net, I see that it looks like a '97 or '98. Anyways, I agree with all of you as regards the ride. Medyo mabagal umarangkada pero hanep sa rekta. I don't have the service manual that's why kahit malinis pa ang langis, I will have maintenance checkup na next week. My mechanic says platinum sparkplugs are best. What about the oil? Which is best for Cefiro? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    A32 body rin naman yung '99 model. kung gusto mo ng murang platinum plugs, pwede mo gamitin yung ngk g-power platinum tipped plugs. on my ride, since ng makuha ko, i have always used 10W-30 mineral oil. lighter on the engine hence giving you better mileage.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    magandang araw po...

fixing my mom's cefiro

'97 v6 24v

- aircon na auto climate control, yung buttons niya di umiilaw, o talaga bang hindi umiilaw yun?
    - tach needle fluctuates even if the idling is normal. something wrong with the gauge or sensor?
    - remote ng alarm ayaw gumana kahit bago battery. something wrong with the security system? if i unlock the driver door manually with the key, ok naman, pero pag passenger side na door, tumutunog ang alarm.

LF: right side mirror assembly (RUSH)

Davao based po ako, will pay for S&H

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by calamansi View Post
    magandang araw po...

fixing my mom's cefiro

'97 v6 24v

- aircon na auto climate control, yung buttons niya di umiilaw, o talaga bang hindi umiilaw yun?
    - tach needle fluctuates even if the idling is normal. something wrong with the gauge or sensor?
    - remote ng alarm ayaw gumana kahit bago battery. something wrong with the security system? if i unlock the driver door manually with the key, ok naman, pero pag passenger side na door, tumutunog ang alarm.

LF: right side mirror assembly (RUSH)

Davao based po ako, will pay for S&H

--- about aircon, di yata tlaga umiilaw yun.

--- we have the same problem with tachometer. sabi ng iba it's more likely sensor than gauge. di pa namin napapaayos din, kc wala namang masamang naidudulot (so far). kapag nagpaconsult ka, pakitanong mo na rin ang price (for both sensor and gauge)

--- pacheck mo na lang sa NISSAN mismo ang remote control, SILA lang ang nakakaalam jan. ang alam ko, talagang tutunog kapag ginamit mo ang key sa passenger doors (dont have explanation about that security system). pero kapag ni-unlock mo sa driver's door e gagana at hindi tutunog.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hi.. http://cefiroclub.tk is not accessible for now..
    I think nag auto convert sa zetaboards yung forum... please wait for a few days.. and try checking the site.. thanks..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    afaik, 99 models have crystal tail lights and vertical grilles.

calamansi,

may bulbs dun. afaik, there are 4 of them. I inquired sa casa because I need to replace mine too. around php300 yata each. BTW these bulbs are not the ones you can buy sa auto supply.

It's possible sa gauge ang problem. mine jumps at around 3-4000rpm.

do you still have the OEM alarm? if yes then its better to have it checked and programmed sa casa using Consult.

sa side mirror, nag canvass na ako nyan before. surplus is around 1.5k-2k each. but you have to use a PHDM side mirror lens.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ah, sige I'll have it checked. thanks. sana yun lang ang problema. kc tlagang bigla na lang namamatay yung makina kahit umaandar kami (especially kapag mabagal). biglang bababa ung RPM (tachometer) below 7.5

tpos yun nga, MINSAN may araw na kapag inistart mo e mausok at amoy gas (which is a sign na sobra sa gas, diba?).

so maaaring faulty fuel pump or yun ngang IAVC.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by honismitoy View Post
    Condorhero - You have a dirty IACV. Palinis mo lang yun okay na. Makikita mo IACV after ng aircleaner box. Palinis mo lang yun okay na. Of course, have your spark plugs changed na rin.

Talaga? Sige I'll have it checked. thanks. sana yun lang ang problema. kc tlagang bigla na lang namamatay yung makina kahit umaandar kami (especially kapag mabagal). biglang bababa ung RPM (tachometer) below 7.5

tpos yun nga, MINSAN may araw na kapag inistart mo e mausok at amoy gas (which is a sign na sobra sa gas, diba?).

so maaaring faulty fuel pump or yun ngang IAVC.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    do you have the v6 or the 4 in line 2.0?

i'd stick to what the manual recommends for the spark plug type. cheaper, usually, and just as reliable as platinum tipped. unless you're running a highly modified engine and a turbo with high compression, high end sparkplugs wont make much difference anyway. they won't make your car go any faster, too.

PS: i don't own a cefiro. just a fan. hehe

Thanks for the response. I own a V6. I bought it last March and I've already spent around P80K to replace the power steering assembly, suspension system, and transmission. I've also replaced the garnish Buti may mga surplus sa Banawe. Now I'm looking for a radiator fan motor kasi medyo mahina na yung isang fan. I also had the throttle body cleaned kasi pumupugak pugak during idling. Despite -- and probably because of -- all the changes I've made with this car, nagkakaron na ako ng attachment. Hanep kasi talaga sa high speeds. Suwabe. One time my partner was putting on make up while I driving along Coastal Road on a Sunday morning. Nung makarating na kami sa Talaba, I asked her if she noticed we reached 150kph at one point. Nagulat siya, di raw nya naramdaman.

All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]