New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    add ko rin tinanggal sa casa yun connection nun knock sensor, pro hindi nman check engine sa panel namamatay pa rin ilaw, normal pa rin? kailangan ba urgent palitan ko kagad knock sensor, kce im using d car pa rin,

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    you can still use the car even with a busted knock sensor. it wont trigger the CEL light. but you will consume more fuel. have it replaced na agad if you have the budget.

you can DIY if you have proper tools and small hands. again, visit the motorvate.ca website on how to do it.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    thanks for the info. i have already na nun knock sensor, mukhang isang tornilyo lng, try ko sa weekend palitan bolt on nman to, kinuha ko with harness sabi kce sa casa sunog daw, hndi ko rin alam kun panu nasunog yun, hndi n nila binalik yun connection.
    thanks again

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hello, cefiro owners. just got a 2002 cefiro elite last week. now i'm back to enjoying the pleasures of driving after giving up my underpowered, overweight van (for which i had to sell my old vti at the buy and sell shop - long story and i still wonder why i did it). acceleration from standstill is a bit hesitant compared to my 16 yr old corolla (with 4age installed, though) but once it gets going, it glides on the road. i'm sure there'll be times when i wish it had more power, but right now i'm just enjoying driving leisurely. steering is effortless and the suspension is just flawless. i guess you know what i mean. now if only i could connect my ipod to the stock HU...

anyway, just one thing. imagine a faucet leaking 1-3 drops/second. then imagine a piece of sheet metal under it. can you imagine the sound? like raindrops on a tin roof....?
    that, my friends, is what i hear after i turn the engine off after driving a bit. i'm not overly concerned by it, really. may just be the water from the a/c, but i have yet to look if it's coming from there. the engine is off, and you hear the sound for about 10 or so minutes. any of you guys hear that? any thoughts on what it might be? thanks

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    *non-vtec - yep, the ride doesn't differ much... kung ako lang ha. and yep, it doesn't look bad if you ask me... the only problem (minor lang naman) is kung ilan PSI ang kailangan sa 225 40 18....

*hugh_lee - it must be the engine cooling down. if that is the one, then there is nothing to worry about... I hear that on my ride too.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thanks, m707. i sure hope that's just the case. just haven't heard anything like that before in my other cars. but other than that, everything seems fine, so i'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about.

also, i've got a link to download the a32 service manual for free, but i'm not allowed to post a link yet. anyone whom i can pm to post the link?

cheers!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    m707,

thanks for the advise. i might get the rims this weekend. can't wait!

hugh_lee,

yes tama si m707. normal talaga yun. its actually your exhaust manifold and pipes cooling down.

slightly OT: a treat for maxima/cefiro owners...an old advert way back in '95

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kDa83EZDrs"]YouTube - The New Maxima (1995)[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh_lee View Post
    thanks, m707. i sure hope that's just the case. just haven't heard anything like that before in my other cars. but other than that, everything seems fine, so i'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about.

also, i've got a link to download the a32 service manual for free, but i'm not allowed to post a link yet. anyone whom i can pm to post the link?

cheers!
    engine cooling down... what the brits like to call "tickover" (i think), steady tiktiktik sound? maybe the metal contracting. perfectly normal. all my hondas do it, pero not tiktiktik sound, more like tik! pause 3 secs, then tik again.

so how's the gas consumption, sir? sawa nako sa mga 1.6, been thinking about upgrading... not that fc matters that much, doing a comparo lang between 4 cars with bigger engines...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thanks for the response, non-vtec and volts.

volts, i'm afraid di kita kayang tulungan re fuel consumption - kahit dati, di ko magawagawa - blame my ADHD (attention deficit) obviously mas malakas compared sa 96 civic ko dati - and the civic's acceleration is better, i think, pero iba ride ng cefiro e. tsaka yung interior syempre. i also chose between 3 of the mid-size sedans na 98-2002 (di ko sinama camry) accord dahil honda and may models na manual, galant kasi astig ang style, but eventually chose the cefiro. aside from the interior (looks even better than my bro's 98 maxima sa states), there's the "award-winning" engine kahit na yung 3L and award-winning talaga. and it's not bad-looking either, sunroof was also a plus (i'm a smoker, and syempre, cool din). and people say the cefiro's suspension system is better from the other mid-sized sedans, which surprised me when i started looking into the cefiro.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    eto ba yung link na yun?

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/maxima/esm/

ang hirap naman kasi iprint e. yung 2nd link 200+ pages... 3 silang ganun.

naman naman naman e

All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]