New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I have already driven a Cefiro.

In my opinion, Cefiro is more comfortable and a lot softier than its competitor. As a former Accord owner, I find Cefiro more luxurious and classier.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for your inputs. Appreciate it very much. I know this is a Nissan forum, but just for the sake of comparison, which is more of a best buy againts Accord and Galant (Shark)?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    In my opinion:

Between an Accord and a Galant, Accord ako...

Between Accord and Cefiro:
    Comfort - Cefiro
    Acceleration - Accord

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by m707 View Post
    I know fuels are so damn high now a days and the cefiro is tumador din pero habol kase naman yung driving comfort. We intend to use it for provincial drive and my dad hated to drive our old 88 pajero for its so tiring for him. with that, here are some of my queries:

1. Average fuel mileage. I hope its atleast 7 in city driving. How about the highway?

*** Mga 6-7 for me city driving....

2. Is the AT reliable enough? I mean not sirain or sakit sa ulo? (compared with Accord of Galant with the same year).

*** I think so...Just make sure that the unit that you are going to get is well maintained.

3. Whats the difference between the Classic and Elite? which is more sulit to buy?

*** More on cosmetics...pero engine and comfort, I believe pareho lang.

4. Things to consider when buying it, may part ba na very common sa kanya na nasisira?

*** Wala naman. It's wear and tear is the same with other car brands.

5. Are the surplus/bnew parts kinda affordable naman? San po mura bumili? madali ba sya i-paservice kahit sa neighborhood mechanic or pang casa lang sya?

*** mas madala ang surplus parts for the classic. yung elite, medyo wala pa. affordable, same lang siya halos. I buy mine sa mga shops in Banawe...May OEM, may replacement; ikaw mamimili. Pagdating sa mekaniko, just make sure that mechanic has experience with Cefiro's. Or at least may common sense. Basta di naman niya kailangan sa casa pagawa.

6. How's the ride and comfort? steering? suspension? acceleration?

*** comfort - the best among the rest.
    steering - okay lang...nothing spectacular.
    suspension - heavenly...
    acceleration - ayos lang but its not like an accord and this is is due to it's weight.

7. Best fuel performance recommended?

*** Petron XCS... or basta 95 octane

8. Overall, should we go for it?
    *** depende sa price and condition ng car.

If you decide to get one, madami pa akong puedeng i-share sa iyo about the car.
    i second the motion of m7! he is also a fellow a32 owner! dami kong natutunan sa kanya about the a32! the best noise reduction! best suspension! sobrang lamig ng aircon! poging sasakyan! lilingunin at lilingunin pa din talaga! :wink:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sakin yung semi synthetic lang sa shell

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sakin yung semi synthetic lang sa shell. stock pa din pala mags ko

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    san po kaya ako makakahanap ng rear mudguard para sa 1997 cefiro? (kasi napunit ung right rear na mudguard) pati po mirror lang ng side mirror?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by nicolodeon; September 12th, 2008 at 07:19 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi guys,

I just want to ask for an advise regarding Nissan Cefiro '97.

I saw an ad here at tsikot.com about the Cefiro and after having it seen and had it test drive, I was so impressed by the smooth driving on top of its classy and elegant style, hence, I made a downpayment to secure the purchase.

Since i'm going to pay the balance this end of month. I would want to ask if I really made a right decision.

All my friends were telling me that to own such is "sakit ng ulo" because of the expensive gas. They told me that the average city driving consumption is only 5km/liter where 95 octane (CALTEX gold) must be used to preserve the engine from corroding.

Secondly, mahal daw ang pyesa and tune up that would cost me P 50,000.

Third, Wala daw pyesa sa mga ordinaryong talyer. Unlike Honda and Toyota which is readily available. My concern is that I'll be using this for provincial trip (QUEZON to MANILA) for my pamangkin's monthly check up at UST hospital

Fourth, can i convert the gas to LPG?????

Pls give me feedback guys.

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52381

try to visit that thread if you still haven't read it.
    After that, I have some replies for you below.

Quote Originally Posted by ed10908 View Post
    Hi guys,

I just want to ask for an advise regarding Nissan Cefiro '97.

I saw an ad here at tsikot.com about the Cefiro and after having it seen and had it test drive, I was so impressed by the smooth driving on top of its classy and elegant style, hence, I made a downpayment to secure the purchase.

**** mind sharing which one you bought?

Since i'm going to pay the balance this end of month. I would want to ask if I really made a right decision.

**** If you ask me, oo especially if you are comfort oriented and I am not saying this because I have one too.

All my friends were telling me that to own such is "sakit ng ulo" because of the expensive gas. They told me that the average city driving consumption is only 5km/liter where 95 octane (CALTEX gold) must be used to preserve the engine from corroding.

**** "sakit sa ulo" if the unit you purchased was poorly maintained; just like with any other brand/make. Yes, its true 95 octane ang kailangan niya. But personally, I prefer XCS....

**** uhm....if you ask me, it's just the same. You just have to know where to purchase them. I learned it the hard way. Regarding the tune up, sobrang exaggerated. Siguro 8k at most if you use OEM parts and Fully Synthetic oil... Breakdown pero but this is based on sa huling pagbili ko - sparkplug 3.6k (600/pc), Oil Filter (OEM)- 400, Mobil Fully Synthetic 2.5k. Now you might ask as to why those spark cost that much; dahil sa pagka-platinum nito. Yan ang original niya. Good thing with it is that you don't have to change it until 100,000kms but ako sa 50,000kms, nagpapalit na ako... or earlier kapag mas maluwag... around 20,000 or 30,000kms.

Third, Wala daw pyesa sa mga ordinaryong talyer. Unlike Honda and Toyota which is readily available. My concern is that I'll be using this for provincial trip (QUEZON to MANILA) for my pamangkin's monthly check up at UST hospital

**** Depende kung saang area ka...but you don't really have to buy it from the CASA....

**** Yes but if you ask me, it is not advisable.....

Pls give me feedback guys.

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ed10908 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Not really corroding but more from running rough. The engine runs well on high octane gasoline. V-power from shell is also an option.

As for the higher fuel consumption, it is true if you are in city driving. For highway driving, it gives good fuel economy if you have a light foot on the accelerator pedal.

Depends on the specific model you got. If it's the V6 cylinder engine, then it's really a big headache to simply change sparkplugs on that engine. It would require removing the intake manifold to access the sparkplugs for regular replacement. Some people prefer to install platinum or irridium sparkplugs to lengthen the servicing intervals.

As for parts, depends but generally luxury sedan parts are a bit more expensive but not prohibitively expensive.

You can find parts from authorized Nissan parts dealers like the one in Banawe or other areas. You can also find "replacement" parts for those non-critical stuff to lower the cost of repairs when needed.

Generally, a good condition unit should be fine. Of course you will have to deal with the car's relative age and the wear & tear due to it.

Yes you can. SGI kits are recommended but venturi kits have been also used to convert such cars to LPG.

As mentioned earlier, V6 models can be a headache including LPG conversions using SGI kits. This means it will be more expensive to convert a V6 cefiro than a 4 cylinder model even if they use the exact same parts, simply because of the increased amount of labor to install the parts.

As I remember, EROOM's demo car for their venturi-closed loop LPG kit is a cefiro with a v6 engine. GREENFUEL also has converted V6 cefiro to LPG but they do charge a bit more for extra labor.

BTW, if you are serious about LPG conversion, you have to check on the locations of LPG refueling stations in your area of QUEZON.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]