New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You have to order a key and transponder chip from the Nissan CASA. Probably around 3K to 4K... if you feel it's costly, a BMW chip cost 9K 6 years ago. They'll also program it at the CASA.
    nagtanong ako dati sa nissan q.a., if i remember correctly, 3-4K nga yong chip & re-programming(in case naiwan pa pala sa previous owner yong duplicate key). another 3K+ for a blank key(if u want a duplicate), pero ikaw magpapatabas sa labas, balik mo na lang sa kanila to add the chip & reprogram.

tawag na lang sa casa for updated prices.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sir check out www.maximasdownunder.com for additional info for cefiro's.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ang mahal naman!!! magpapadup din ako nung susi. yung may chip

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajoz View Post
    Here in UAE this model is badge as Maxima, with VQ30 engine (3.0L)

Mags?..17"-19" pwede dyan, 235/45/17 or 235/40/18 sa 19" di ko alam, medyo mabigat na kasi bulsa..hehe mine is 17" and 1.25" drop lang daily use kasi

Grill, DIY lang ginawa ko, cut the middle and lagay ng screen..naka-tyempo ng smoke na headlight..then HID kit.

Lip and spoiler sa ebay.ph may nagbebenta.. eto link
    http://www.ebay.ph/viItem?ItemId=230122041149

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...x/DSC01528.jpg
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...x/DSC01533.jpg
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...x/DSC01530.jpg
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2416875

hayup namang a32 to o! never thought it could look that good!
    Last edited by yudyin; July 25th, 2008 at 03:41 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    cefiro owner too... :P

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    mas maganda ung manual trans ng cefiro.and mas power 2.0 kc un maaksaya lng sa gas pro d k bibitinin nun sa harangkda.compare mo sa accord mahal ang maintenenance.like sa cefiro.basta ung bilhin mo ung hindi aotomatic ung aircon,ung manual lng.mahal mgpagawa kc ng automatic na aircon pgnasira.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hi Tsikoters,

My Dad asked me to look for a good 2nd hand car for 170-220K budget. He told me to make a proposal to him and for me, I choose the Cefiro. So, I would like to ask for your firsthand experience or opinions regarding the Nissan Cefiro (97-99 models). I think its a better buy than Galant and Accord with the same time frame right? I'm very much interested on buying this car kase I find it relatively cheap and elegant. IMHO, I don't dig tuner type cars so no offense to Mitsu and H users.

I know fuels are so damn high now a days and the cefiro is tumador din pero habol kase naman yung driving comfort. We intend to use it for provincial drive and my dad hated to drive our old 88 pajero for its so tiring for him. with that, here are some of my queries:

1. Average fuel mileage. I hope its atleast 7 in city driving. How about the highway?
    2. Is the AT reliable enough? I mean not sirain or sakit sa ulo? (compared with Accord of Galant with the same year).
    3. Whats the difference between the Classic and Elite? which is more sulit to buy?
    4. Things to consider when buying it, may part ba na very common sa kanya na nasisira?
    5. Are the surplus/bnew parts kinda affordable naman? San po mura bumili? madali ba sya i-paservice kahit sa neighborhood mechanic or pang casa lang sya?
    6. How's the ride and comfort? steering? suspension? acceleration?
    7. Best fuel performance recommended?
    8. Overall, should we go for it?

TIA po! sensya na kung madaming tanong

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Former cefiro A32 A/T owner.

1. Fuel consumption is around 5 km/l on my unit. I know of some who get better results. But I will not expect min 7 in the city. Highway is around 10 km/l. My poor FC is partly due to my drivers, heavy foot, traffic conditions and too thick oil used.
    2. A/T is reliable just remember to change ATF with Dexron III after you buy and every 40,000 kms thereafter.
    3. dont know
    4. I had a lot of problems with mine but it was due to lousy maintenance by my father and brother. Hand me down, I was the 3rd person to use it. Both of them are the types who will drive as long as there is gas in the tank, forget about maintaining the car.

My problems were:
    1. defective hinge on driver side door, still works but you can feel it is not aligned corectly.
    2. FC as previously stated
    3. Minor oil leak sa transmission, just need to replace a gasket.
    4. Worn out front suspension, cheap parts though and can easily be repaired.
    5. Plastic top radiator failed, replaced with Evercool.
    6. ABS failed this forced me to sell the car. Dont worry abut this as this is not a common problem.

5. It is not a difficult engine to service.
    6. Very comfortable car.
    7. This car needs 95 octane gas. Don't use lower octane, will cause engine knock and loss of power. Use 10w30 or 5w30 energy conserving il for beter FC.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I know fuels are so damn high now a days and the cefiro is tumador din pero habol kase naman yung driving comfort. We intend to use it for provincial drive and my dad hated to drive our old 88 pajero for its so tiring for him. with that, here are some of my queries:

1. Average fuel mileage. I hope its atleast 7 in city driving. How about the highway?

*** Mga 6-7 for me city driving....

2. Is the AT reliable enough? I mean not sirain or sakit sa ulo? (compared with Accord of Galant with the same year).

*** I think so...Just make sure that the unit that you are going to get is well maintained.

3. Whats the difference between the Classic and Elite? which is more sulit to buy?

*** More on cosmetics...pero engine and comfort, I believe pareho lang.

4. Things to consider when buying it, may part ba na very common sa kanya na nasisira?

*** Wala naman. It's wear and tear is the same with other car brands.

5. Are the surplus/bnew parts kinda affordable naman? San po mura bumili? madali ba sya i-paservice kahit sa neighborhood mechanic or pang casa lang sya?

*** mas madala ang surplus parts for the classic. yung elite, medyo wala pa. affordable, same lang siya halos. I buy mine sa mga shops in Banawe...May OEM, may replacement; ikaw mamimili. Pagdating sa mekaniko, just make sure that mechanic has experience with Cefiro's. Or at least may common sense. Basta di naman niya kailangan sa casa pagawa.

6. How's the ride and comfort? steering? suspension? acceleration?

*** comfort - the best among the rest.
    steering - okay lang...nothing spectacular.
    suspension - heavenly...
    acceleration - ayos lang but its not like an accord and this is is due to it's weight.

7. Best fuel performance recommended?

*** Petron XCS... or basta 95 octane

8. Overall, should we go for it?
    *** depende sa price and condition ng car.

If you decide to get one, madami pa akong puedeng i-share sa iyo about the car.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by strv122 View Post
    Hi Tsikoters,

My Dad asked me to look for a good 2nd hand car for 170-220K budget. He told me to make a proposal to him and for me, I choose the Cefiro. So, I would like to ask for your firsthand experience or opinions regarding the Nissan Cefiro (97-99 models). I think its a better buy than Galant and Accord with the same time frame right? I'm very much interested on buying this car kase I find it relatively cheap and elegant.
    Curiously I am wondering if you would also consider the Toyota Corona of the same year range? Anyway, cars of that size would consume quite a bit of gasoline.

Would you consider smaller cars like the Nissan Sentra 96 to 99 models? The manual tranny version gets better fuel mileage but the automatic isn't bad either as long as you drive it lightly. FC figures are better.

If you are sticking with the Cefiro and worrying about the fuel cost, you can always have it converted to auto-LPG using the biggest LPG tank you can fit in the trunk to maximize the LPG range.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]