New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We used to own one... never had any problems with it since we sold it when it was 5 years old (with 70,000kms on the odo); just about the time before any major problems should come out.

Things to check on the Cefiro:
    - oil leaks (normally these start to show after around 80,000kms)
    - idling
    - engine knock (the VQ20 engine requires at least 95 octane fuel), if you have engine knock problems even with the proper fuel, you may have to change the knock sensor which may set you back around 6K to 8K.

The suspension is very straightforward to repair and aftermarket replacement parts are readily available. The only problem is if you get a unit with an engine that had overheated and not been cared for, this will give you a lot of headaches; if you get a well maintained unit, then it's be a pretty straightforward car to maintain.

Fuel mileage in the city is at the 6-6.5km/L range with the a/t version. Best units to scout around for is the '98 to early 2000 models which were still based on the Japan spec Cefiro (the ones with the glass headlights).

There's one for sale on nissanbayan.com now, looks good.

If you do a search on the old threads you'll find a good number of info on the A32 Cefiro as well.
    this is what i'm talking about... hehe

thanks dude. medyo mahal pa ng bahagya yung mga 98-99 cefiros, but i will check out that unit sa nissanbayan... thanks for the tip.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Need help! Just bought a 2nd hand cefiro. the previous owner said she lost all the keys except one. So i thought pwede magpa-duplicate na lang sa LOM but the duplicate will only open the doors but not the ignition. Sabi ng LOM may chip daw sa loob yung key (lock/unlock/trunk release) and hindi nila kaya. Anyone knows how much it is sa Casa and kung meron man na gumagawa na hindi casa? thanks!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Nagpa duplicate na kami dati ng ganyan para dun sa Exalta STA ng uncle ko. Ang sabi sa Nissan sa Alabang dati is paduplicate lang yung key sa labas, then casa ang maglalagay nung chip sa susi para makatipid. I'm not sure kung ganyan ang solution ng ibang Nissan Dealers.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jcastillo932 View Post
    Nagpa duplicate na kami dati ng ganyan para dun sa Exalta STA ng uncle ko. Ang sabi sa Nissan sa Alabang dati is paduplicate lang yung key sa labas, then casa ang maglalagay nung chip sa susi para makatipid. I'm not sure kung ganyan ang solution ng ibang Nissan Dealers.
    magkano inabot bro? tnx!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You have to order a key and transponder chip from the Nissan CASA. Probably around 3K to 4K... if you feel it's costly, a BMW chip cost 9K 6 years ago. They'll also program it at the CASA.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You have to order a key and transponder chip from the Nissan CASA. Probably around 3K to 4K... if you feel it's costly, a BMW chip cost 9K 6 years ago. They'll also program it at the CASA.
    Tama si Sir Vinj, around 3k to 4k yung costing.

ilan ba dapat ang susi ng cefiro? usually 2 chipped+ 1 spare diba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We had one before and we only got two chipped keys.

Our N16 Sentra also had a chipped key and my bro-in-law accidentally threw inside the trash can in Megamall :P

chipped keys really keep your car from getting stolen. the downside there is when a carnapper wants your car his recourse is to steal it at gunpoint.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    guys any idea kung nasa magkano yung buong ignition lockset?....faulty na kasi yung sa grandeur 02 mdl..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rxbandits View Post
    guys any idea kung nasa magkano yung buong ignition lockset?....faulty na kasi yung sa grandeur 02 mdl..
    Around 10k-15k siguro... Pero not sure ha...Baka kasama na yung mga pinto e...Nung nagpalit kasi ako nung sa 02 Cefiro, if im not mistaken, 20k yata inabot ko...15k yung set tapos 5k yung installation at programming...parang ganon.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
All about Nissan Cefiro [merged threads]