New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi,

I'm from Cebu and i need help from the gurus here. I bought an old 94 Nissan Safari and it already came with size 16 Cooper Discoverer STT Mud tires on it. The tires are huge and must be about 31 or 32 inches in diameter i think.

Here are my problems:
    1. I noticed that the safari's ride is so bumpy we could feel the whole suv shake like hell even on small bumps on the road. The casa where i bought the car do not have any history or contact with the previous owner already so i do not know if the previous owner had changed the springs and shocks but it looks pretty lifted about an inch or 2.

2. The springs in the rear have the same height when removed but when installed, parang naka tagilid kaunti and car on one side.. it seems that one spring is weaker than the other?

3. I tried contacting our local distributor here for OME but they said RATS(which is where they source out) do not have stocks available already for Safaris.

In this regard, can i replace the shocks with the common Kayaba gas type? how about the coils? where can i opt to buy here in Pinas? I contacted some local shops, they said meron daw replacement coils but rarely available. they do confirmed to have original coils which costs around 6-7k each. I thought kung ganito ka mahal, mag OME coils nlang sana ako. What shocks and coils combination would you recommend for a smoother ride on the road.. I use the car 70% on road and 30% off road.

Please kindly help.. I really love the safari and its been amazing so far apart from the bumpy ride..

cheers

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    are you sure its lifted?and are the shocks still the original one?you might want to try ironman shocks and coils combo,i dont have any 1st hand experience with ironmans but i want to try it out soon.there are also other brands like bilsteins and ranchos.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sir,try nyo magpalit ng RANCHO RS5000 sa harap,RANCHO RS9000 w/ 9 adjustable settings from soft to hard.Tapos palit lahat ng bushings.Cguradong mag babago ang ride nyan sir,PROMISE...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *nikko and Pdsdp,

Salamat sa mga reply po. Saan kaya ako makabili ng RS5000? is it one model for all car brands? or dapat ba i specify ko na for Nissan Safari? I really dont know, i think its not lifted after all.

How about the coils? where can we buy ironman coils here sa pinas? im assuming the coils on my safari are still stock and may need to be changed. My mechanic always tell me that its because of my huge tires causing the bumpy ride but i dont buy it.. there has got to be a solution somewhere.

by the way, i already changed all the bushings.. ganoon parin..

thanks for your inputs. lookiing forward for more insights...

cheers.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    theres an available rs5 for different applications.you have to specify your car model sir.anyway,ill send you a pm.thanks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hi sherwinkaye,

You can visit and/or be a member at the "Nissan Patrol Club of the Philippines" or check it on Facebook. as the name says, it is all Nissan Patrol talks and other thinhs. surely more than one member will give there insights on your problem. I for one will gladly welcome you. See you there.

Francsico "Armie" G. Catalan

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Most mud tires I've had feel like running over those feathered uneven cement roads (raised slabs) on asphalt. I'd try to put a used set of H/Ts or A/Ts on to see if its just the tires.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the advises mga gurus!

I also had requested permission to join the NIssan Patrol Club of the Philippines in Facebook.
    I'm excited to meet fellow safari owners as well.

cheers

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You might want to check also the Iron Man suspension kits. The importer/distributor is based in Negros and sends via 2Go. We purchased our LC80 shocks from him and are happy with the set. Good value for money.

He posts on 4x4ph.com Board Message

94 Nissan Safari bumpy ride