New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Mga partner,

pwede sana ko hingi buying tips panu maki negotiate sa second hand verita?

1.) Anu mga observed ko when looking the body to know kung my history cya major accidents
    2.) when i test drive anu mga red flag signs na my tama makina, suspension, etc.
    3.) Sa car paint new cya pati mags napalitan na dina orig sayang gusto ko orig sana..
    4.) sa pricing 305k daw

penge naman tips in negotiating for a 2nd hand vehicle

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi folks, I just wanted to ask you to add to the list on what to check before receiving a new car.

My list:
    1) Receive the car during daylight (sunny or clear day) or in a well lighted area.

2) Check for body damage by standing at the four corners and going around
    - paint (no chipped paint)
    - whole body (no scratches, dents or dings)
    - spacing around the panels are even and fit perfectly
    - check the mags (no chips) and wheels (tire pressure is correct)
    - Check the extra tire

3) Check if the all the lights are working and calibrated.
    - check if foglamps are aimed correctly
    - check all signal lights
    - indoor light is working properly

4) Open the hood. Check the fluids are at the correct level
    - radiator fluid
    - engine oil (is clean as well)
    - break fluid
    - transmission fluid
    - coolant
    - power steering
    - clutch
    - battery (check the warranty)

5) Check that all the instruments and controls are working properly. Review the user's manual. Start the car properly.
    - dashboard lights and gauges are working correctly
    - aircon working properly (all speed levels)
    - radio, cd and mp3 connectors
    - power locks, side-mirror, windows (all power) are working properly
    - no abnormal engine sound
    - idling is correct
    - all keys (2) are working fine
    - alarm or security function working properly

6) check the freebies and other standard features
    - tint (no bubbles, no scratches, no tears)
    - floormats
    - leather manual booklet
    - umbrella
    - key chain
    - car plate
    - Early Warning Device
    - Standard tools and jack
    - seat cover

7) check the paid extras
    - tints
    - rust proof
    - back up sensor
    - car cover
    - others (please have a list)

8) check the papers before signing. Get a copy of all that you signed.
    Understand the warranty period.
    - insurance (all information are correct - make, model, insured value)
    - LTO registration (all information are correct - owner, make, model, chassis #, plate no, MV file #, engine #)
    - check VIN # to show production date. It should match your papers. The 10th digit of the VIN identifies the year. Check your manual or ask the technician or salesman.

9) Drive your car and test all the systems are working fine.
    - again, no funny engine noises
    - all working properly

If there's some discrepancy - call the attention of the sales man and agree on the next steps. DON'T SIGN anything when you are not satisfied with your new car.

Happy Driving.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Buti madali maghanap ng parts nyan pagtagal?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    [QUOTE]Mga partner,

pwede sana ko hingi buying tips panu maki negotiate sa second hand verita?

1.) Anu mga observed ko when looking the body to know kung my history cya major accidents
    2.) when i test drive anu mga red flag signs na my tama makina, suspension, etc.
    3.) Sa car paint new cya pati mags napalitan na dina orig sayang gusto ko orig sana..
    4.) sa pricing 305k daw

penge naman tips in negotiating for a 2nd hand vehicle/QUOTE]

kung 305k ang price unang tawad 260k sasabihin niya 300k nalang sabihin mo 270k sasabihin niya hanggang 290k na lang last price niya sabihin mo 280k hanggang 285k hehehe ganun ang negosasyon sa secondhand car.. salubungan sa price

sana makatulong sayo to...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mahal ng verita ha. it's a low cost nissan micra pero dressed up in leather lang.

i wouldn't buy it for myself. maybe for my fashionista sister pero not for me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    mahal ng verita ha. it's a low cost nissan micra pero dressed up in leather lang.

i wouldn't buy it for myself. maybe for my fashionista sister pero not for me.
    The price is more of because its being a rare vehicle. If its in good condition and with no or only minor accident repairs then that would still be a fair price. There should not be much problem with engine parts however body panels and trim would be harder to come by given not too many units are out on the street...

Check the car in the morning and do cold engine start. Listen to any signs of timing chain noise (its a loud clackety-clack sound that disappears after a few seconds). IF there is a prominent noise, then that means the car change oil history is suspect, if its smooth and silent then its been maintained properly. I have a 1993 1.4L Nissan Sentra which my family owned since brand new and to this very day its still running on the original timing chain and tensioners. All it got was a regular change oil every 5,000kms and this was just using regular mineral based oil.

Observe for any erratic idling or drop; rev the engine to around 4k rpm and release the pedal abruptly with both AC on and off. It should stabilize almost immediately and not drop too near zero rpm.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Looking to get a verita. How muchare they nowadays? Are parts from casa easy to come by?