New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    How's the off-road performance of the 4x4? Is it better then the pre-facelift variant?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    nag karoon pala ng terra black edition. ala fortuner 2015.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Parang mga car manufacturers usually gamit same/popular word for new model, as of this time yung Sport naman just like Montero Sport.
    Sa crossover, yung Cross ang sikat ngayon, sa SUV yung Sport.
    Hindi ata nila ma trademark tong variant word na to.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    2023 Nissan Terra Sport Adds Black Sophistication To Best-Selling Mid-Sized SUV (w/ Specs) | CarGuide

Starting February 25, the new Nissan Terra Sport along with all of the other Terra variants will be available across Nissan dealerships nationwide at these prices:
    Terra Sport 4x4 AT – P 2,459,000
    Terra Sport 4x2 AT – P 2,119,000
    Terra VL 4x4 AT - P 2,399,000
    Terra VL 4x2 AT – P 2,059,000
    Terra VE 4x2 AT – P 1,889,000
    Terra EL 4x2 MT –P 1,709,000

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Rather very short production run... Market flop everywhere else except PH.

On the chopping block: Nissan Terra SUV discontinued 2027?

Nissan Terra: Strong in the Philippines, but not anywhere else
    Sad news for Nissan fans: according to our regional contacts who are very knowledgeable about Nissan’s plans for the future, the Nissan Terra is on the chopping block.

Yes, Nissan’s popular 7-seat SUV in the Philippines is supposedly being planned for discontinuation, and there is no new generation model being developed... at least not yet.

We can venture several guesses as to why. One is perhaps the major shift towards electrification. Another is perhaps the focus on smaller and lighter crossover models. But we think the simplest reason is perhaps the likeliest: low demand.

This lack of demand in many markets in the region seems to be the rationale for the Terra’s potential discontinuation. Of course, that may change later on, but unless there are significant sales from the Terra in other markets, the model will likely be axed with no turbodiesel successor in sight.
    Last edited by Monseratto; August 23rd, 2023 at 09:29 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Rather very short production run... Market flop everywhere else except PH.

On the chopping block: Nissan Terra SUV discontinued 2027?
    This did make me wonder that development of a "next gen Terra" has been paused for 2 possible reasons.

1) With Mitsubishi being part of the alliance, they are waiting for the next gen Montero to become a twin, should they want to build on it. Perhaps the is technology/platform sharing anyway. So, any tech that Mitsubishi would use to develop the next gen Montero, which is a more established nameplate, they will earn from (possibly) and can be the starting point as is common nowadays to cut down on development costs/R&D.

2) Nissan has a more recognizable nameplate, the Pathfinder right? And that's in the US, but will be to expensive to launch here in ASEAN if it isn't manufactured where there are Tax Agreements in place. So maybe, just maybe, other than the possibility of #1, maybe they are considering reviving the Pathfinder branding in the future instead of continuing with the Terra nameplate which didn't really catch on with the rest of the world. Plus, it is, for all intents and purposes, will be a "baby/mini Patrol". Just a wild guess.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Naalala ko tuloy si ray noel dahil sa Terra. Mula ng hindi na masyado mag post si LM, nawala na rin 2021 Nissan Terra (facelift)2021 Nissan Terra (facelift)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    My 2023 Terra Sports is exhibiting gear shifting issues in steep roads. In uphill climb either it upshift to 3rd gear or does not downshift, causing the engine to almost stall. I had to use manual mode to downshift it to 2nd gear.

When I passed Bitukang Manok zigzag in Atimonan, the gear locks to 3rd gear and will not downshift. I have to use manual mode and downshift to 2nd gear before it stall. My other diesel cars does not have this kind of issue when passing Bitukang Manok. I first noticed this issue when the unit is still in Cebu, I have it scaned and they find no error. I searched the FB groups and some owners observe the same issue, to them they think the engine has not enough power but to me its not the engine its the 7AT transmission. Unfortunately as per the other owners this issue has not been solve.

The Terra suspension is really good plus the zero gravity seats and auto lumbar support made my 10 hour long drive relaxing. But the 7 AT transmission sucks in uphills. The low and high beam led headlights also has a dark spot in between which is annoying, feels like the low beam alignment is too low and the high beam is too high.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    ^kahit madiin apak sa accelerator ayaw pa din mag downshift ng kusa?

May Terra Sport din relative sa Baguio, wala naman ganyang conplaints.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
2021 Nissan Terra (facelift)