New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Magkano kaya, mas mura sa Lc200 ?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Bibili ka ba kung gas-powered yan? I bet not.

Yung current Patrol Royale is a bargain at 3.8M for the luxury it offers. I have driven the USDM Armada which is similar as our local Patrol Royale and it is one comfortable big truck. The engine offers decent power and pull. However, not everybody here in RP wants to own a vehicle with a 5.6L V8 petrol NA engine.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Nice facelift and no doubt it has the capability. That video is all the proof we need. But needs a diesel to fly over here. Petrol is practically free in those desert countries......

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Nice facelift and no doubt it has the capability. That video is all the proof we need. But needs a diesel to fly over here. Petrol is practically free in those desert countries......

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Even cheaper than bottled water. Hehehehe

With the Armada, I think I was averaging around 7 km/L (17 miles to the gallon) driving around the suburbs of SanFo with trips Monterey and Silicon Valley.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Bibili ka ba kung gas-powered yan? I bet not.

Yung current Patrol Royale is a bargain at 3.8M for the luxury it offers. I have driven the USDM Armada which is similar as our local Patrol Royale and it is one comfortable big truck. The engine offers decent power and pull. However, not everybody here in RP wants to own a vehicle with a 5.6L V8 petrol NA engine.
    Syempre diesel saka mas mura ng 1M sa LC hihi

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1,000,000 pesoses difference? The patrol royale uses only regular unleaded. Kahit na P60/liter (prevailing price is 54.60?) 1M/60 = 16,666 liters. If the mileage is 5km/l and you drive 20,000 km per year that means you get free gas for the first 4 years compared to the brand new price of an LC. Now since the lc is also gurgling diesel, at P50 per liter (prevailing is 44?) and assuming 7km/l (weeeh!), to travel 80,000 km the lc will be using P570k worth of diesel. So totalling both acquisition cost and operating cost it might take 7-8 years before the lc catches up with the patrol. Sa mainteannce cost and depreciation na lang magkakatalo talaga.
    Last edited by yebo; September 26th, 2019 at 04:36 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    1,000,000 pesoses difference? The patrol royale uses only regular unleaded. Kahit na P60/liter (prevailing price is 54.60?) 1M/60 = 16,666 liters. If the mileage is 5km/l and you drive 20,000 km per year that means you get free gas for the first 4 years compared to the brand new price of an LC. Now since the lc is also gurgling diesel, at P50 per liter (prevailing is 44?) and assuming 7km/l (weeeh!), to travel 80,000 km the lc will be using P570k worth of diesel. So totalling both acquisition cost and operating cost it might take 7-8 years before the lc catches up with the patrol. Sa mainteannce cost and depreciation na lang magkakatalo talaga.
    5kml is a stretch bro. id say 2-3kml hahahah

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    5kml is a stretch bro. id say 2-3kml hahahah
    I based it on previous posts on the ford expedition mileage.

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    I based it on previous posts on the ford expedition mileage.
    Patrol 3, maybe 4km/l on a good day. LC200 does 6km/l. Resale value will kill the Patrol, no one would dare touch a Petrol V8 in the Philippines.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    wala value yan gasoline mammoth SUV 10 years from now fafa yebs.

Nowadays, Diesel adds to the classic factor of a popular SUV. since the Patrol is popular, but not as popular as the LC, still the Patrol will have more value than the current PPVs we have today incl. the Fortuner, 10 years from now. the LC anchors the prestige of the Patrol.

10 years from now, all they will see from a gasoline V8 Patrol is just an Expedition or Mazda Cx9 or Mercedes G-Class V8 Gas.

im aiming for a LC or a Supercar in 5-8 years time depende syempre kung mag-succeed ako sa next venture ko , this could be a cheaper option only if it's diesel. if not wag na, I don't even need the size of these mammoth Suvs to begin with .

syempre dapat ang inspiration mo, hinde naman basura later on.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast