New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ^ no, ang bibili ng EV ngayon eh yung gusto mag park dun sa EV charging station sa mall.. you know naman mga pinoys.. hehe to show na may EV ako pwede ako park dun oh.. sosy

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    ^ no, ang bibili ng EV ngayon eh yung gusto mag park dun sa EV charging station sa mall.. you know naman mga pinoys.. hehe to show na may EV ako pwede ako park dun oh.. sosy
    The Leaf is presently at 2.8M

People who can afford a Leaf are "sosy." I don't think they care what others think

as for the "other people" who want's exclusive parking... they're using a PWD card

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I don't understand the hype with this one.

Dati may nagdala ng Nissan Leaf sa isang car meet at pinagkaguluhan.
    I think it's the novelty. But other than that, I dunno, it looks mediocre.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post

its new... its not common

remember when the Picanto was new? or the Jazz?

remember when someone brought a Coolray for the first time in the office and showed everyone that it can park by itself

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Pagkakaguluhan ka din siguro if you bring an owner EV 2021 Nissan Leaf

6. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    May lakas loob kaya mekaniko sa atin dito to convert current ICE cars to EV or e-Power?

Just like what they did to taxis with LPG tank.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

as for the "other people" who want's exclusive parking... they're using a PWD card
    i did one better.
    i parked at the mall's PWD-reserved slot.
    the gaard had started walking toward me when he saw my healthy-looking torso exit from the driver's door, but stopped in his tracks, when i brought out my aluminum crutch.
    kaka-tanggal lang nang cast sa left leg ko, and i still had to hobble along using a crutch.

OT.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 3rd, 2023 at 08:01 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    May lakas loob kaya mekaniko sa atin dito to convert current ICE cars to EV or e-Power?

Just like what they did to taxis with LPG tank.

definitely possible but a lot of work and not cheap. just keep the old engine for stencil purposes. problem is they'll ask you to turn on the engine during emissions test hahaha

only EVs that makes sense in philippine setting are the minis.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post

there's no hype. leaf is considered one of the cr*ppy ones coz it doesn't have proper battery cooling

as for teslas the hype is real. but isnt' a good fit for philippines, probably never will be kasi 3rd world forever tayo

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    there's no hype. leaf is considered one of the cr*ppy ones coz it doesn't have proper battery cooling

as for teslas the hype is real. but isnt' a good fit for philippines, probably never will be kasi 3rd world forever tayo
    Rather than the Leaf, I think the Ariya "makes more sense" since it has active cooling and is a crossover which has "more demand". But, full EVs which have 300+kms range when we don't have a rapid charger network are pointless as of now. For PH setting that is city driving conditions, a range between 150kms to 200kms for daily weekday commutes "works well" and can be "trickle charged" at home to maintain a "good enough" battery float" every night (Can't remember if Meralco still offers those "off peak" electricity rates that you could take advantage of. And on the weekends, you could fully charge the EV while you use your ICE weekend out of town car.

Toyota/Lexus Hybrids make a lot of sense if you are using the vehicle for both City and Highway settings. While E-Power makes a lot of sense for daily rush hour commutes. I do hope we can expect to see more of the e-Power lineup or equivalent offered in our market, specifically the Xtrail e-Power. But I don't think the hybrids are tariff exempt, as per my understanding only BEV are covered, but do correct me if I am wrong. Also curious about the Innova Hycross/Hybrid. Hoping it can be priced in the 1.5m php region but it is unlikely with how the Corolla Cross Hybrid is already priced.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast