New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    It depends

Actually not much, the breaker itself is less than 1k. The wiring depends on the size of your house and the distance between your breaker box or electrical room to your garage.

Rectification works to conceal the wiring is another story

We don’t know anyone who has done it yet (since there are very few electric cars locally).

What we do is allocate a “stub-out” for a charger in the design of new projects. So the owner doesn’t need to do any rectification works in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Want to confirm, the provision or "spare" you add for the charging circuit at breaker is a 60amps, 220v/240v single phase right? So for maximum Level 2 electric car charging right as the maximum possible?

I think if it is level 3 fast charging, it already needs to be 400v/440v. But do correct me if I am wrong.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Want to confirm, the provision or "spare" you add for the charging circuit at breaker is a 60amps, 220v/240v single phase right? So for maximum Level 2 electric car charging right as the maximum possible?

I think if it is level 3 fast charging, it already needs to be 400v/440v. But do correct me if I am wrong.
    Yeah, just level 2

Most houses are single phase anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i don't need a tesla or leaf. what i need is the wuling hongguang Mini EV for the daily driving. for long trips out of town just use the frikking gasoline car

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    i don't need a tesla or leaf. what i need is the wuling hongguang Mini EV for the daily driving. for long trips out of town just use the frikking gasoline car

That's actually an interesting car, there is even a convertible soon

But that would be terrifying to use in this city. There are a lot of merging lanes where a little
    Oomph is necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

Saw reviews for this. I recall this has no safety rating at all, even the China based ones I think because I don't recall it mentioned by the 2 videos I saw, but correct me if I am wrong.

As a tricycle replacement for a small family in provincial settings for an A to B, might make sense if there is not much traffic in the area and you won't be using the highway. But if you want to use it on highways, it's basically asking to be crushed like a tin can in the event of an accident.

I know it is cheap(er). Provides the basic needs you'd need in an A to B car. But if this were say price 500k php, you'd think there'd even be people lining up to buy it though? I would be curious?

I know the base model starts around 4k to 5k usd based on the videos, but it can go up to 10/12k usd i recall with the proper accessories kitted into it. So am assuming a more or less 450k to 500k would accomodate importation costs, taxes, dealership markup and sales agent profit. I don't think it would be possible to even sell it at 250k to 300k as a start. That would be wishful thinking.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Saw reviews for this. I recall this has no safety rating at all, even the China based ones I think because I don't recall it mentioned by the 2 videos I saw, but correct me if I am wrong.

As a tricycle replacement for a small family in provincial settings for an A to B, might make sense if there is not much traffic in the area and you won't be using the highway. But if you want to use it on highways, it's basically asking to be crushed like a tin can in the event of an accident.

I know it is cheap(er). Provides the basic needs you'd need in an A to B car. But if this were say price 500k php, you'd think there'd even be people lining up to buy it though? I would be curious?

I know the base model starts around 4k to 5k usd based on the videos, but it can go up to 10/12k usd i recall with the proper accessories kitted into it. So am assuming a more or less 450k to 500k would accomodate importation costs, taxes, dealership markup and sales agent profit. I don't think it would be possible to even sell it at 250k to 300k as a start. That would be wishful thinking.

i'd buy it for 500k but that's just because i already own several electric bikes and electric motorcycles. gonna be a hard sell to normies

at that price it goes up against the s-presso which has an equally poor safety rating i'm fine w/ the poor safety i'm not gonna drive it on the highway anyway. the way i see it they're already a million times safer than a motorcycle

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007

Still better than the Renault Twizy. Yun almost no interior space, no windows or A/C at all. At least ito somewhat usable.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i want something classic.
    can they electrify the citroen 2CV ?

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Still better than the Renault Twizy. Yun almost no interior space, no windows or A/C at all. At least ito somewhat usable.
    I would agree.

As mentioned in my comment, I really see it as a worthwhile Tricycle replacement given the size is a Kei car size which is half a car length (approx). And it will be way better creature comfort wise and safety than a tricycle. The price estimate of 500k will be restrictive to purchases. If it is closer to 300k, I think there'd be more takers.

Price would be the factor here that would drive adaption.

And I do believe that's where the Nissan Leaf for the PH Market just doesn't get it. It's not about tech. It's about being price competitive to allow people to actually choose it as an alternative for purchase. But they have priced out the middle class and I am hard pressed to think of a reason why the upper class would pick it when it brings no prestige and they'd be better off with a hybrid like say from Lexus and still have the "environmentally concious" tag and brandish it around.

We were considering it if it was sub 2m php and our use case of it as a daily driver with a home based Level 1 charger would even be okay already for weekly use. The lack of active cooling of the Leafs batteries are concerning but with how long (or short) the trips would be in our "Average" use case, I think degradation would be minimal and it would be in a covered parking area and not exposed to direct sunlight. But that's out of the question now.

I think the only hope we have at the moment is if MG ZS Electric is launched here and hopefully they'd be able to price it close to 1.5m php.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Nissan Leaf is 💩

There's A Big Problem Buying A Used EV

Top reply:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast