New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2018

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Actually a major limitation of electric cars is condo buyers cant charge their cars at home. Im pretty sure most condos dont have stub outs for it and obviously it complicates the electricity fees of the homeowners.

Those who live in townhouses and single detached houses can just retrofit one.

We are adding car charging stub outs on the houses we are designing now though.

A Tesla model S charger needs a 60A breaker for reference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good idea for my next project.

You are an architect?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    it seems that the battery in the newer leafs have better chemistry against degradation (and being bigger in capacity helps as well) much so that there is a market in retrofitting them into the past leafs. The Current leafs still uses the same non-airconditioned passive cooling from the previous leaf and not the liquid cooling used in the tesla nor the AC assisted approach in other EVs so its probably still worse than the tesla in degradation.
    Passive cooling on the batteries doesn't bode well for the car in our climate. I think they should've just brought in their serial hybrid tech instead.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Good idea for my next project.

You are an architect?

Yeah

Its something we’ve implemented recently, even for projects that are “build and sell.”

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    lol nag explain pa sila: https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...expensive.html

Nissan should just admit the Leaf isn't competitive. Underspecced and overpriced.
    Even in their home market (USA) the Tesla Model 3 is outselling it 7/8-1 this 2021. Last year was even worse and the difference was as high as 29-1 in the early months.

Nissan LEAF Sales Figures | GCBC

Tesla Model 3 Sales Figures | GCBC

Ford Mustang Mach E Sales Figures | GCBC
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; May 11th, 2021 at 09:39 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    The Leaf runs on lithium-ion (Li-Ion) batteries, not nickel-metal hydride (NiMH), and the cost difference is very significant. As to how much, Najima didn't elaborate.
    Lithium ion? this battery might not cope our harsh environments, specially extreme heat which Li-ION/Li-POL batteries degrades on heat exposure. Also the dangers of these batteries when exposed to high temperatures.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Passive cooling on the batteries doesn't bode well for the car in our climate. I think they should've just brought in their serial hybrid tech instead.
    What's frustrating is that they acknowledged this and fitted the e-NV200 with the AC-assisted solution but didnt bother with the newer gen 2 leaf.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I feel like nagtatambak lang si Nissan dito ng mga model na hindi na nabebenta sa US market. Basically like those Golf GTS diesels, but in this case the car is neither desirable nor a good deal.

Same thing with the 370Z. Why the hell introduce a "brand new" 13 year old car?

Simple facts point to having excess inventory and the model no longer moving in its original target market.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Yeah

Its something we’ve implemented recently, even for projects that are “build and sell.”

Wow. How much does it cost to retrofit a normal garage with that capability?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Wow. How much does it cost to retrofit a normal garage with that capability?

It depends

Actually not much, the breaker itself is less than 1k. The wiring depends on the size of your house and the distance between your breaker box or electrical room to your garage.

Rectification works to conceal the wiring is another story

We don’t know anyone who has done it yet (since there are very few electric cars locally).

What we do is allocate a “stub-out” for a charger in the design of new projects. So the owner doesn’t need to do any rectification works in the future.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast