New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Nissan Backtracks On Kicks AC Issue; Says Permanent Fix Hasn't Been Found | CarGuide

Nissan has updated their official statement on the matter saying that the problem affects units not just produced in 2022 but those produced in 2023 as well. In addition, there’s no permanent solution just yet. They are, however, working closely with their supplier for a fix. Once this happens, they will be rolling it out (no word if they are issuing a recall).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    has it been determined, exactly what the problem was?
    compressor daw. but exactly what, about the compressor?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    has it been determined, exactly what the problem was?
    compressor daw. but exactly what, about the compressor?
    EV air con compressors are different from gas powered compressors. EVs have built in motors in their compressors. Baka may problema sa built in motor?

Meron na bang naka Kicks dito na nagka problema sa aircon?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    EV air con compressors are different from gas powered compressors. EVs have built in motors in their compressors. Baka may problema sa built in motor?

thanks po.

perusing the popular youtubes,
    there seems to be some confusion, as to whether the (other non-nissan) aircons continue cooling or not, during long traffic stops, where the engines also stop.
    some say the aircons keep on blowing cool, while others say the aircons become bintiladors only, even as they are refering to the same car model.

i was considering the kicks e-power, but now...
    ertiga muna?
    coding-free is my prime objective...
    i was advised in my last trip to the casa by the SA, that LTO does not allow for choosing one's EP as yet.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 10th, 2023 at 12:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post

Friend is part of the first batch purchases of Kicks here in PH.

He already had his 1000kms pms and 1st regular PMS (Tinawagan ng SA). He is still below 10k kms, pero wala siya personally experience pa na aircon issue/problem.

Hindi naman tumitigil yung AC cooling when the engine switches off and not charging the batteries. It is an electric AC Compressor that is connected to EV Battery as far as I am aware.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    thanks po.

perusing the popular youtubes,
    there seems to be some confusion, as to whether the (other non-nissan) aircons continue cooling or not, during long traffic stops, where the engines also stop.
    some say the aircons keep on blowing cool, while others say the aircons become bintiladors only, even as they are refering to the same car model.

ertiga muna?
    i was advised in my last trip to the casa by the SA, that LTO does not allow for choosing one's EP as yet.
    Requesting for plate ending number needs to be applied by the buyer. LTO will not allow the dealer/agents of car companies to do the legwork.
    There is a specific form you need to fillup and it can only be submitted to specific LTO Branches, the one along Araneta Avenue (between Ma. Clara and Q Ave) is such a LTO office. 25k or 35k php ang charge as I recall. I can't recall the specific documents LTO needs, but there is a memorandum circular about that since last year from LTO.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ertiga muna?
    Saw this FB post from Visor earlier... I (personally) find getting a mild hybrid right now too risky if you only need coding exemption.

although I'm sure Suzuki PH must be lobbying hard for mild hybrids to be included in the coding exempted list

I've seen a few new cars with "special plates." although I'm not sure how they got them.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Requesting for plate ending number needs to be applied by the buyer. LTO will not allow the dealer/agents of car companies to do the legwork.
    There is a specific form you need to fillup and it can only be submitted to specific LTO Branches, the one along Araneta Avenue (between Ma. Clara and Q Ave) is such a LTO office. 25k or 35k php ang charge as I recall. I can't recall the specific documents LTO needs, but there is a memorandum circular about that since last year from LTO.
    the SA i talked to, said that neither the EP nor the more expensive special plates, were available.
    i guess that means , we have to go to the source and verify for ourselves.
    bumili nang bagong kotse, only to end up with two cars having the exactsame EP... !
    35K for my choice of EP... i can live with that.

that araneta LTO,
    hirap pumarada diyan!
    ang dambuhala pa naman nang mga container vans na rumaragasa diyan.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hybrids are included in the coding exemption.

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Saw this FB post from Visor earlier... I (personally) find getting a mild hybrid right now too risky if you only need coding exemption.

although I'm sure Suzuki PH must be lobbying hard for mild hybrids to be included in the coding exempted list

I've seen a few new cars with "special plates." although I'm not sure how they got them.
    Last edited by _Qwerty_; May 10th, 2023 at 12:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

the ertiga hybrid is included in the coding-free list.
    a youtuber confirmed it.
    field-tested in the republic of makati, no less!
    sinita, at pinakawalan!

i am now wondering,
    "how valuable will that chrome sticker ("hybrid") at the rear of the car, be?"
    heh heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 10th, 2023 at 12:27 PM.