New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    All the time ba naka ON ang engine?

It runs on the optimum rpm na.. not like sa ordinary ICE na varying yung RPM kaya need ng break in sa first 1000km

Sana may plug in option din para pwede mo full charge yung batt sa bahay

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    All the time ba naka ON ang engine?

It runs on the optimum rpm na.. not like sa ordinary ICE na varying yung RPM kaya need ng break in sa first 1000km

Sana may plug in option din para pwede mo full charge yung batt sa bahay
    When riding with him and sa kwento niya, di naman majority naka on engine.

kung sa "per minute" chart sa dashboard, parang a "bar" of battery is more or less equivalent to 2 minutes of regular "city traffic" driving na off yung engine (no hard acceleration and with regen na yun). May interval in between though na mag on yung engine for 3 to 5 seconds to recharge brake booster pressure, if ginagamit mo maybe with 3 to 5 "depression" ng brake pedal. Kung mostly one pedal driving, mas infrequent yung interval need to recharge, kasi may "other instances" other than recharging brake booster and charging the battery na mag on din yung engine.

It will take a minute, maybe "1.5 minutes max" to fill back up that one bar of battery from 1 bar up to 2 bars. From 2 bars up to 3 bars out of 4 max bars, the Kicks didn't do it automatically when i was riding with him at "go around city speeds" (40kph or below lang). Pero nung nag Skyway siya after getting RFID, sabi sa akin the Kicks self charged up to 3.5 bars filled when he was cruising at 60kph. So, hula namin, yung "programming" ng Kicks is below 40kph considering stop and go traffic. 60kph siguru mixed/highway speeds na, kaya pwede niya charge higher yung battery kasi less instance of regen braking at those speeds. A guess, but I think valid reasoning.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Friend's update:

Average Speed on dashboard : 14kph
    Fuel Consumption per display " !6km/l

Morning, per the average fuel report, he is averaging 20km/l city conditions QC to Taguig. But pauwi, naiipit talaga pauwi sa rush hour traffic kaya bumabagsak average reading.

No idea pa sa actual full tank method FC lalabas. Kalahati pa din daw laman tangke per the readout (approx).

Hindi pa nakaka 1000kms so wala pa first PMS. hehe!

Will see if may update siya sa akin next weekend ulit.

Best case scenario,, 98% of the digital readout yung actual FC which would mean 15.68km/l.
    Worst case scenario, 90% of the digital readout yung actual FC which would mean 14.4km/l

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Friend's update:

Average Speed on dashboard : 14kph
    Fuel Consumption per display " !6km/l

Morning, per the average fuel report, he is averaging 20km/l city conditions QC to Taguig. But pauwi, naiipit talaga pauwi sa rush hour traffic kaya bumabagsak average reading.

No idea pa sa actual full tank method FC lalabas. Kalahati pa din daw laman tangke per the readout (approx).

Hindi pa nakaka 1000kms so wala pa first PMS. hehe!

Will see if may update siya sa akin next weekend ulit.

Best case scenario,, 98% of the digital readout yung actual FC which would mean 15.68km/l.
    Worst case scenario, 90% of the digital readout yung actual FC which would mean 14.4km/l
    Friend did full tank today.

Average speed logged is 14kph
    Display FC readout is 15.8kmpl

Actual FC full tank method 15.67 km/l (99.18%) So the accuracy has improved as he has not much idling time to check out the features and tweak settings. Also not much short trips since he is bringing it to workplace now compared to before.

He resets the Information Display/Log after a full tank

On another note, I shared with him the Youtube Video shared by bxrmonkey in one of his posts.
    https://youtu.be/e2QQiN0u-jQ

After my friend saw it, he wondered why that Kicks in the video had the battery gauge beside the fuel gauge but his doesn't. We had a chat about it a while ago and we checked the manual of where to find it.

In the manual they call it "Li-ion Battery Available Charge Gauge. But it has a note on the side saying (If equipped). We are unsure as of now if that could mean the PH Kicks doesn't have it as standard. Because from what we read on the manual, that it is disabled if the "Energy Monitor" is turned on.

The Energy Monitor is the display on the dash that shows the outline of the car, showing battery 4 bars, an icon of the engine and brake regen, with the arrows going forward or back depending on the flow. The Energy Monitor was the default on his Kicks, was also the default I personally saw during the Test Drive. We don't know (yet) how to turn it off/disable it so that the "Battery Available Charge Gauge" is the one that will be displayed by default beside the Fuel Gauge. This will eliminate the need to cycle back and forth between the "pages" of the dashboard.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ang tipid nyan tapos takbo 14kph. Mabagal na flowing traffic.

ipasubok mo ng 40 to 60kph. Para malaman kung may difference pa ba sa ititipid.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Friend did his 1000kms PMS checkup before the holidays.

Had some updates for me this weekend.

- Though he hasn't done the full tank method to check, at present, the Kicks is reading 17km/l for 12kmph average speed over +/-280kms. (I am surprised by this figure because he got close to 16km/l previously with the average speed hovering at 14kmph. So, maybe he has further adapted his driving style to better "match" the Kicks plus the engine's break in period maybe? Slower speeds but lesser idling times. Dunno. But the figures are way better than I personally thought for such average speed)

- He talked with Nissan Sales to inquire about the price of Li-ion battery replacement outside warranty. As with the previous youtube video where that was mentioned, it is currently at a cost of 297,000php BATTERY ONLY. Labor to dismantle old battery and install the replacement not yet included as further clarified. (Personal take from me, as long as we see it as under "normal" driving conditions, that can be absorbed by fuel savings. And, as it should not be likely for it to fail at 5 years of normal use, and "should" only have degredation at the 10th year, then by then, these modular cells should be more "common" and price "should" (in theory) stabilize/go down at that point in time... In theory. My driving barely breaks 5000kms annually for the past few years with how my profession needs me to be places nowadays, so even at 10 years, i've barely clocked any miles to have considerable savings on fuel which is why I can't justify the purchase to change to the Kicks.)

- Li-ion Battery Charge Gauge beside the Fuel Gauge. No one at Nissan from Sales, Services or Technicians know how to enable it. He walked around with the owner's manual to ask how to enable that small battery icon on the lower left screen. The screen portion is there but nothing is shown no matter what you enable and disable to try to make it come out. He also showed a youtube video from ASEAN region that shown that battery meter being there in other Kicks in the region (not PH Models). Nissan North Edsa says they'll ask Nissan PH Headoffice about it because it is in the manual but they have no idea about it. (It should easily be enabled via a software update because it has a "larger" version in the standard dashboard layout that take most of the screen but you'd have to cycle through to get to. Who knows what will happen.)

That's about it for his update. Stay safe everyone

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    sphynx.

saan ba nakatira kaibigan mo at wala sya review na 40kph?

pero grabe ang tipid nyan at very low speed!!!!

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    sphynx.

saan ba nakatira kaibigan mo at wala sya review na 40kph?

pero grabe ang tipid nyan at very low speed!!!!
    Kaptibahay lang. hehe!

QC to Makati back to QC ang regular route for hybrid work reporting na niya.

Hindi talga tataas average speed nun dahil pauwi rush hour ang oras ng uwian. papunta maganda pa takbo kasi before rush hour.

Tsaka, I think mas maganda nga scenario kung yung readings is with rush hour traffic or stop and go na average speed. "Mas applicable" as a possible scenario ng gumagamit. As long as match yung reading sa dash vs actual sa full tank method, wala na macomplain sa FC ng Kicks kung ganun na kabagal naman average speed. More than double FC na siya sa ganung speed compared sa Sylphy and Montero namin, assuming close to accurate yung 17km/l.

But again, hindi mataas annual kilometers na takbo ko kaya masasayang yung hybrid sa akin, at di din ako makakarecoup ng enough fuel savings by 10th year that could soften the damage kung kelangan ng battery replacement for whatever reason.

Also, kung tumaas man to 40kph average speed, that falls more to mixed driving average speed dito sa atin at least. So may "konti" na benefit ang hybrid when it comes to regen braking, but since lesser points to slow down at those situations, mas wala masyado gas savings na. pag dating pa sa higher speeds, mas wala na lalo regen braking and main fuel savings mo lang is yung interval na nakaoff yung makina and ginagamit yung charge ng battery na lang. wala ka na essentially benefit of regen braking charging

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    so ito kicks mas best pala pag city driving. Ibang klaseng hybrid nga pala ito ala generator.

ako pag city driving at walang traffic sa quezon avenue eh kayang-kaya ako 14kpl at 40kph pero concious driving yan.

Kung magtatagal naman yung battery lets say abot 10years at 20,000kms per year eh sulit na.

so ang babantayan yung mga nauna kicks sa japan kung ok pa din. Yun nga lang malamig doon so factor pa kung sensitive ba battery sa mainit.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    so ito kicks mas best pala pag city driving. Ibang klaseng hybrid nga pala ito ala generator.

ako pag city driving at walang traffic sa quezon avenue eh kayang-kaya ako 14kpl at 40kph pero concious driving yan.

Kung magtatagal naman yung battery lets say abot 10years at 20,000kms per year eh sulit na.

so ang babantayan yung mga nauna kicks sa japan kung ok pa din. Yun nga lang malamig doon so factor pa kung sensitive ba battery sa mainit.
    Anong sasakyan mo?