New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Update from friend.

He is "experimenting" with "Charge Mode" when he is near his garage/home or destination of his drive when he sees that he is just at "1bar" of EV charge. That way he is at least around 2bars or below 3 bars charge before shutting off the car.

The reason he states is that during cold start after being parked for a long time, when trying to engage "Charge Mode", the screen tells him engine is not yet in optimal operating temperature to engage charge mode. And since the manual does mention about "not good" for battery to be drained as it will cause e-Power/vehicle to not start, he thinks it might be best to consider utilizing Charge Mode in such manner because of followign:
    - it will at least mean engine is in optimal operating temp when it is charging his batteries before he completely turns it off and not use the vehicle anymore for the day
    - He won't be fully charging the battery meaning in ECO/Sport Mode, maximum efficiency for regen braking is still enabled. The book states if the battery is "close to full" that regen braking is limited/reduced.
    - When the does do a "cold start", with EV battery at 2 levels minimum, it will at least allow the engine to "smartly" start for it to reach ideal operating temperatures first, instead of just suddenly being asked to charge a low Li-on battery. Car does not know if and when the driver is already going to park the car so he thinks he has to engage the charge mode appropriately to help it achieve more "ideal" conditions.

Charge mode does drop the Fuel Economy near tail end of his trip but is still efficient at least. The Drive History has a per minute average read out which is how he can see the Economy per interval of time. Maximum of the readout is broken down for 20minutes most recent travel. This is separate from the Drive History Average FC for the "last 5 trips" that displays when you completely shut off the car.

Friend has also started using Eco Mode + B regen for maximum efficiency. In order to minimize neck whips during hard regen braking of Eco Mode, he has found just maintaining "light pressure" on the accelerator allows Regen Braking to be smoother while still sending power back to the battery. He has not perfected it and still experiences sometimes the head bob if he doesn't engage the accelerator correctly, but he is adjusting accordingly and the head bobs are fewer now.

He still can't bring it far though because he only has SI on hand. So for now, just on his current route/area where it doesn't pose much of an issue to use the car.
    Good info, daming helpful details.
    Napaisip ako tuloy if friend mo talaga to o ikaw yung nagdadrive.
    Hirap i detail ng ganyan if from friend yung info.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Good info, daming helpful details.
    Napaisip ako tuloy if friend mo talaga to o ikaw yung nagdadrive.
    Hirap i detail ng ganyan if from friend yung info.
    Haha! Nadrive ko na din yung Kicks niya (with guidance and supervision). Nung weekend niyaya sumama sa grocery run using the Kicks. Siya papunta ako pauwi. haha! Medyo kaba syempre di akin sasakyan pero yung normal adjusting and "extra allowance" na lang since di sanay sa dimensions/proportions pa ng sasakyan.

Habang minamaneho sinasabi niya susubukan ko na adjustment sa pagmaneho and back and forrth feedback. hehe!

Other than that, macocompare mo afterwards when you drive a standard NA engine with CVT and AT. With turbodiesel with AT. Iba nga talaga yung power delivery. A real "nice to have". pero yung benefit ng FC maganda nga talaga, yung downside lang is don't rack up same kms in a month like my friend so not as "beneficial" (yet) kung diretso dive ako with a hybrid for the sake of it. Still a current "want" lang siya but not "need" for my own. But honestly, very tempting proposition talaga to get one.

Things might change if BEVs na similar size ng Kicks and lumapit presyo dun. That I see as more "fit" for my needs.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    New update from my friend.

- When he started with the full tank of the Kicks. The displayed max kms of the car almost around 530kms (maybe 528 - guess) to "empty". He has travelled more or less 40kms and it is showing 524kms remaining distance to travel to "Empty" (for now).
    - Before he started experimenting with charge mode, the kms to empty was actually lower already at 515kms (approx?). So, he "thinks" the manual control of when to activate "charge mode" is helping.
    - He noticed the large blind spot on the rear left and rear right quarter areas. With the smaller rear window/windshield/glass area, there is quite a significant blind spot if you don't have rear cameras/around view cameras. You will rely mainly on the rear sonar if it detects anything on those blind spot areas. Not something that he is "hugely concerned" about, but something he didn't notice at all during test drives or earlier drives. I didn't notice the blind spot at all last weekend while driving with him because I was only moving forward with his supervision/guidance. So I can't provide any personal input in that regard. He just mentioned it to me so I'm sharing it. =)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    naka display na ang kicks sa MOA, may banga agad sa likod, ang masasabi ko lang eh ang lambot/comfy ng upuan niya...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    naka display na ang kicks sa MOA, may banga agad sa likod, ang masasabi ko lang eh ang lambot/comfy ng upuan niya...
    speaking of seats... yung control to adjust the seat height sa driver side, sobrang flimsy. feeling ko mapuputol habang nag testing ako

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    speaking of seats... yung control to adjust the seat height sa driver side, sobrang flimsy. feeling ko mapuputol habang nag testing ako
    Comparing it "within the brand", compared to the 2014 Sylphy. The seat levers do feel flimsy-er if you check the feel and "weight" of it.

But if I were say to compare it to a Ford Focus 1.8 back in 2007/2008 (I think that was the Model Year my uncle had one), that felt waaaay flimsier and that I could really easily break it off if I put some effort in it.

For the cushions, those Zero G seats didn't come with my Sylphy on any trim level but the foam/cushions is definitely better than what I have on the Sylphy. Ample cushioning without being too "soft". I do feel I am sitting on the foam on the Kicks and I don't sit "in" it if that makes any sense. So I'm guessing that's why some reviewers did mention even on long drives those Zero G foam (especially what was said in those media drive articles of the Kicks to Bicol) don't feel tired because the thighs could be "aerated" and not sweat (too much) as compared to if/when they are embedded in foam/fabric/leather. And it doesn't press hard into your thighs to cut off circulation so that's a plus I guess.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Tagged along with friend yesterday and here are some updates:

- Tried pairing my phone via bluetooth and no matter how many restarts, my phone could not find the Kicks/Nissan infotainment bluetooth connection. I have BT 4.0 version on my Vivo Phone. so we both couldn't figure out what was going on. He already asked his SA about what BT version Nissan Kicks has and why it couldn't be found via BT scanning.
    - Friend has only tried wired android auto. So since he had a USB cable in the car, that's when I tried wiring my phone in via USB. Android Auto worked fine with no issues. But it displayed an error message about both the Kicks and Phone's clock should match before Android Auto will work correctly. We checked and the time for both was the same. Yet the pop up warning displayed again in a another attempt to plug in the phone. Maybe just a quirk or even "seconds" difference gives a warning message. But since mobile data was enabled, syncing was still "okay?" as my phone's clock syncs to google clock.
    - After my phone was wired and using android auto. When I unplugged, we found my phone now appearing as a Bluetooth connection on the Kicks. I don't know what and why it happened. By my guess is that since Android Auto pairing via USB happened, it also detected and registered the Bluetooth of my phone as another "valid" connection to pair. So in future, I could pair it via bluetooth already. But doing a bluetooth only pairing did not work at all. So, I guess the lesson is, wired first and wait for it to detect the bluetooth connection. Weird.
    - inside the settings of Kicks infortainment, there is an "option" to allow for 2 simultanous BT Phone connections active. Don't know how that works, we didn't bother to test it out. But just sharing. But I guess it is for people with 2 phones so that handsfree for both can work. Don't know what happens though when it comes to Text to Speech reading of received SMS. How it is "prioritized". Hehe.

- I checked his readings in the dashboard of the Kicks and cycled through the screens. It said his average for total kms of the Kicks in the digital display was 11.9kmpl, with average speed of only 9kmph for all the kms driven for the Kicks. He has only logged around +/-120kms for the Kicks at present. Still no OR/CR. I tried comparing my experience with the Sylphy/ICE sedan, and if it is 9kmph average on full tank, I recall I could only get the "best" case mileage/FC at 6km/l, maybe even 5.5kmpl for that 1.6L engine. For the Honda City 1.3 i-Dsi, maybe 7kmpl if memory serves me right. Just to give the FC some comparison to my own. So experience can, of course, vary.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Update:

- +/- 150kms pa lang yung natakbo nung Kicks since nagpafull tank. Sabi ng dashboard, 10kph average, FC is around 12.6km/l. 3/4 pa natitira sa 41liter tank based on digital display (more or less).
    - tinigil na daw ng friend ko mag "charge mode" up to 3 bars. mukhang matagal fill up to 3 bars and biglang bumagsak average FC niya below 11 daw sabi niya. Pinapabayaan na niya yung Kicks magdecide when to charge. But it close to 1 bar lang pag malapit na siya magpark, manually activate charge mode kahit paabutin lang ng 1.5 bars para lang di sobrang low charge before turning off sabi niya. Baka sa next full tank tsaka na niya pabayaan Kicks magcharge magisa para makita if mas okay FC lalabas.
    - Wala pa din OR CR kaibigan ko.
    - Tinry ko ulit BT phone ko sa Nissan Infotainment niya. Hindi gumagana Android Auto via Bluetooth only. Android 11 OS Version ko and BT 4.0. So pinatay ko BT ko and ginawa ko USB Wired connection. seconds na lang difference ng clock ng phone ko and Infotainment. Ayaw magconnect agad. Kelangan maghintay konti na magsabay yung minutes bago maglaunch Android Auto. Wala kami nakita way for Infotainment to use mobile data ng phone to sync clock ng Nissan Infotainment sa settings.
    - Nung unplug yung USB Phone connection after Android Auto, nagtaka ako bakit nag-on ulit Bluetooth Connection ko. Not sure if default ganun ginagawa ng Android Auto kahit na wired na siya. Not a big deal naman since "walang sayang na charge ng batt" dahil nagcharge naman siya while wired, pero di ko lang maintindihan bakit kelangan on pa ng Android Auto yung BT connection ng phone when wired na over USB.

- Mother niya medyo sumasakit ulo sa "Brand new car smell" ng Kicks. So mag-uling daw siya para di na sumakit ulo mom niya pag sumakay sa kanya. Sa akin wala ako issue, typical "new car smell" lang naman na plastics for me. Mas konti na ngayon compared nung unang beses na sumakay ako sa kanya.
    - May knob siya for headlight level adjustment from 0-1-2 sa left side. Pero nung lumabas kami ng gabi, tinry namin galawin yung knob up or down, pero di namin napapansin na gumagalaw yung headlight adjustment. For high beam lang ba yun? or kahit sa normal headlight function? Checheck pa ulit ng kaibigan ko sa manual this weekend.
    - yung auto unlock/lock function na button sa driver and front passenger doors, may times na "miss" siya, or hindi gumagana. Parang may delay yung "Wake up" nung sensor ng kotse to detect the key fob daw sabi ng friend ko. Para sure ball, tinatabi niya sa button yung side ng bulsa niya kung nasaan yung key fob. Sa rear door, di kelangan pindutin yung button beside the rear release. kahit yung rear release mismo lang pindutin mo, magunlock na siya if you have the keyfob in your person. But, as a creature comfort, very convenient pa din kasi di kelangan ilabas susi para pindutin yung lock/unlock button sa key fob.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Update:

- nakuha na kaibigan ko copy of OR/CR niya nung weekend. Kumaripas agad kumuha ng RFID na Personal Account. Then nag Skyway pauwi from Magallanes to QC-Araneta Ave Exit.
    - mas "okay" na daw lumalabas na reading ng FC sa dashboard. Asa 14km/l with average speed of just 12kmph after niya mag-Skyway. mga 260kms na daw natatakbo niya. And ang info sa kotse, remaining max distance na kaya takbo mga +/- 320kms pa daw. Di pa din half tank capacity ang digital gauge. Malapit na mag half tank, "not there yet" ang exact words. hehe!
    - nagtesting siya ng cruise control sa Skyway. Lowest speed to activate pagkasabi niya parang "48kph". Di ko sure kung tama rinig ko.
    - nung nag Skyway siya, on Eco mode, kwento is nagcharge yung kotse magisa up to 3.5-ish bars filled yung kotse. First time niya nakita na magisa nagcharge yung battery na ganun. Speed limit takbo niya skyway daw nun. Usually 40kph lang and below regular drive niya (na no OR/CR kaya limited lang nadadala niya Kicks), and ang automatic charging ng kotse hanggang 2 full bars out of 4 lang palagi.
    - pinatanong niya sa akin kanina sa Sales Agent niya since asa Nissan North Edsa ako nagpaservice Sylphy ko kanina, parang di ata gumagana yung level adjustment ng headlights talaga from 0 all the way up to 3, di gumagalaw yung buga ng ilaw niya sa gabi. nakasunud naman siya sa manual na light is switched on before you adjust. Sa 1000kms PMS na lang daw niya pacheck after ko kinausap yung SA and service advisor. para di din sayang punta since di naman niya talaga ginagamit. chineck lang kung paano gumagana at hindi gumana. hehe!

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Update:

- Sinamahan ko bumili ng tiles kaibigan ko and ginamit namin yung Kicks. Nung kaming dalawa lang, mas napapansin ko na at slow speeds, ride comfort pag may potholes or biglang drop sa kalsada, medyo hindi okay ang shock absorption ng Kicks and matigas yung sidewall ng Stock Tires niya (nagcheck kami tire pressure na sunud sa nakalagay sa pinto na reference).
    - Nagkarga kami ng 200pcs na 30x30 ceramic tiles sa likod . After nakarga sa Kicks, parang mas "okay" sa potholes yung behavior ng Kicks dahil "laden" na siya. Can say in my opinion na mas "okay" at least compared to kung 2 or 3 passengers lang. At low speed ang tukoy ko na kulang yung "shock absorption" when unladen.
    - Never nagconnect Wired Android Auto after switch on Kicks and Infotainment sa first attempt. Laging warning yung "need to have same time sa clock on both devices". Unplug and replug every time. Chineck din sa Android OS 11. Sabi Android Auto over Bluetooth should be compatible if 2021 or newer yung vehicles. But, hindi talaga gumagana Android Auto over BT for the Kicks on either of our phones. So your mileage may vary.
    - No change sa FC, 14km/liter average speed of 12kph.
    - Brake autohold, really only engages once you reach a certain "level" or point sa Brake pedal depression when stopped ang Kicks. Pag lightly pressed, kahit full stop ka na, makikita mo lang na hindi pa nakaengage yung autohold unless you press the brake harder.
    - At around 60kph speed, magengage talaga engine to charge the battery over 2 bars of charge to 3 bars at least. Below that, parang happy to keep the Li-On charged up to 2 bars lang ang Kicks in terms of how it is programmed.
    - at stop and go traffic, intermittenly mag-on yung engine not to charge the battery, but to create brake boost for about 5 seconds max. Hindi naman every use of brake pero di masabi kung every "ilan" applications ng brake na fully engaged. Parang won't exceed 5 sure mag-on daw yung makina to charge the brakes.So in stop and go traffic, mas ginagawa na friend ko yung Autohold para (sa tingin daw niya) hindi mag-on madalas yung makina to re-charge the brakes. Either Autohold or Electronic Parking Brake kung stop light sequencing. So depende.