New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfolk View Post
    Impossible yang 900kms on battery power alone na sinabi sa iyo ng demo guy. 2KWH lang ang battery ng Kicks. Yun ngang Tesla Model 3 Standard na may 50KWH na battery eh 265 km lang ang range.
    yun nga nasa isip ko noon... mas mahaba pa range nya kesa sa Leaf?

kaso sobrang konti sa product knowledge team nila nung dumalaw kami...

yung sis ko nga, sa Nissan na pinuntahan nya, di nila alam PMS schedule nya

Naisip ko na lang. baka 900kms yung range ng Kicks on 1 full tank

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Very possible. 41L tank x hr12de 22.6kpl = 926kilometers.

I can do bicol back n forth travel easily around 900kms in 80L desel tank, but It has full spare tyre that i could simply put in 30mins even if its dark and raining. Tyre patch don't work on bigger holes.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just finished test drive with my brother sa Nissan North Edsa. Kahit na limited yung private service road na test drive, fruitful din yung punta.

Service interval for change oil recommended per booklet, 7,000kms/6mos whichever comes first. 3.4L Fully Synthetic oil 0w-20 SN ang required (or equivalent to Oil Grade APU SN ILSAC GF-5). Tinanong ko na sa agent bakit every 7k kms hindi man lang every 10k kms given na hindi always running yung engine? Pero yun ang nakaindicate sa booklet talaga, I borrowed during the test drive included the manual. (apparently even the 1.2L Almera requires 7k kms oil change interval/every 6 mos - never ako naginquire sa Almera kaya first I heard of this being a change oil interval. Akala ko pa una is Semi Synthetic gagamitin but looks like Fully. I might need to recheck this kung nakausap ko ulit yung agent)

The e-Power Battery, from the looks of the wordings sa booklet is not actively cooled. Passive lang din. Wala ako nakita sa drawing/diagram niya that radiator coolant has any direct connection to the battery to cool it down. The Coolant wordings also mainly mention cooling the engine only. No word about cooling the battery. So I would believe Passively cooled battery siya. But not much of a concern for me given we aren't charging it via DC and small capacity lang.

The dashboard of the Kicks, shows 2 distance that can be traveled. During the test drive, it displayed distance with fuel only at +/-145kms but beside it also shows "B" mode mileage, meaning combined EV and engine max distance was +/-185kms at the start of the drive. So assuming the FC of the Kicks 1.2 engine is the same as almera engine, the EV mode adds the additional 40kms based on the trip meter for the "city condition" drive the test drive subjects it to.

"B" mode with the driving just being standard (not ECO or Sport) is not jerky. My brother and I are fine with the setup/config. But going with B and switching it to ECO is "too aggressive". I couldn't find a workable "easing" off to accelerator to make it less jerky so best to not go with ECO mode when shifted to B, if you were to ask me.

While inside the car, audible ang engine and compressor but not uncomfortable. NVH is acceptable. But when you are outside, that aircon compressor emits an audible sharp sound (matinis) in a confined space inside the service area ng Nissan NE. So, take that as you will.

No word yet on price if need battery replacement pa din yung info ng Agent. Not sure pa siya kung meron na PMS schedule breakdown pricing na regular service. They will have to check pa daw.

Brakepads specifically written na every interval of PMS is for Inspection lang siya. So wala naman sinasabi about Replace at specific points given meron siya regen braking, which is good. Walang mislead sa booklet na "required" about it.

Coolant for replacement at 80k kms or 4 years using Nissan engine Coolant (Blue).

Dashboard warning lights do not include Oil Quality Warning light, but they do have the 12V charge warning light, so at least may heads up ka if malapit na need palitan yung 12V battery mo sa rear.

Overall, I found it to be good and practical for city driving, being the VE (midtrim). But may slight caveats pa din.

The Service booklet for the transmission oil ng Kicks, though walang volume and interval to replace, it does mention it as Nissan Matic S ATF in the booklet. Di din ako masagot kung meron ba need yung Kicks for Differential/Gear Oil kasi meron sa same booklet because it shares same booklet with 1.2 engine of Almera, and it separates tables if engine is for Almera and not Almera.

Iridium din sparkplug and recommended to change every 18mos/30k kms for the Kicks. If Almera 1.2, based sa booklet Platinum tipped Replace every 60k kms or 36 mos.

EDIT: rechecked photo nung sa Service booklet na isang page nakuha ko. May nakanote Inverter Coolant PMS schedule. For inspection siya everytime. But still, inverter coolant, nothing about battery coolant. Inverter Coolant Capacity is 3.21L with reservoir of 0.54L

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    ang complicated. Sa buong mundo ba wala pa naka 5years na same engine para may basis ano nangyari.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ^
    ang complicated. Sa buong mundo ba wala pa naka 5years na same engine para may basis ano nangyari.
    kags, if you won't really take the time to read the service manual and maintenance advice on service intervals per the official documentation provided, then maybe, the car is not for you or something you'd bother with anyway.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Nice review sir..

One thing is parang maaga yun 6mos change oil interval... sana 1 year or 10k kms whichever comes first.. kasi madami na maganda oils now.. pati fuel malinis kaya hindi na nag iitim basta ang oil

Masusubukan yung generator nyan sa init sa pinas.. hehe tsaka pag na lusong sa konting baha

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Nice review sir..

One thing is parang maaga yun 6mos change oil interval... sana 1 year or 10k kms whichever comes first.. kasi madami na maganda oils now.. pati fuel malinis kaya hindi na nag iitim basta ang oil

Masusubukan yung generator nyan sa init sa pinas.. hehe tsaka pag na lusong sa konting baha
    Yes. I am of the same thought as well.

On another note, quotation ng Nissan NE about year 1 insurance is around 41k php premium. hehe! mahal. Mas mahal pa ata sa Fortuner 4x2. Alam ko may markup/"fee" since dealership referred insurance. Di ko na tinanong kung sinong insurance. But, sa Nissan NE dati, Standard ata yung binigay sa Sylphy ko way back when. Anyway, pag may time magcanvass din magkano ba insurance for the Kicks pag third party or bank din.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    naiinis ako pag madami iintindihin fluids.

kung sana yung BYD dolphin ibenta ng 1.4million brand new eh game ako. 400kms full charge of just around 400pesos.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    The e-Power Battery, from the looks of the wordings sa booklet is not actively cooled. Passive lang din. Wala ako nakita sa drawing/diagram niya that radiator coolant has any direct connection to the battery to cool it down. The Coolant wordings also mainly mention cooling the engine only. No word about cooling the battery. So I would believe Passively cooled battery siya. But not much of a concern for me given we aren't charging it via DC and small capacity lang.
    you can see vents underneath the driver's seat... para daw sa battery yun.

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    NOne thing is parang maaga yun 6mos change oil interval... sana 1 year or 10k kms whichever comes first.. kasi madami na maganda oils now.. pati fuel malinis kaya hindi na nag iitim basta ang oil
    I think most dealerships will mention 6 months or 10K kms.

Personally, at its current price (I don't remember kung sino nagsabi, pero current price is introductory lang daw). I think its worth the risk.

Wife was really happy with it... pero I told her, I think mag-mala Xpander or X-Trail itong Kicks... yung non-Toyota sya pero kahit saan ka magpunta, may makikita ka.

Also, as per the kamote agent I spoke to. No freebies. you have to pay for LTO and Insurance. Visor is not yet available... hanggang umbrella, mat and tint lang sila

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Also, as per the kamote agent I spoke to. No freebies. you have to pay for LTO and Insurance. Visor is not yet available... hanggang umbrella, mat and tint lang sila
    Sa Nissan NE kausap namin, ang freebie lang is Matt and Tint, walang sinabi na may payong or kasama seat cover for the mid and base model. hehe! Yung Tint is not 3m or Vkool (or their OEMs). Lumina lang meron sila on offer na free. LTO for 3 years is 8,900 ata out of pocket.

On another note, https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...-are-back.html so "just in time for the restart of Color Coding". How "timely" the coordination between LTO and MMDA. hehe!