New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Will try to ask this here or when I get the chance to drop by Nissan/ask to look at the service booklet (if payagan).

1) With the transmission being single gear, is it no maintenance type transmission? No change of fluids needed for the full lifetime? If fluids are needed to be replaced what is the schedule? What type oil will it use, ATF, CVTF or something else entirely? - I have not heard of any EV owner mentioning transmission oil changes so I am currently of the opinion this is no longer being done, but, that could just be because it is not being pointed out, maybe?

2) The battery is smaller compared to a Leaf or Prius right? As such, I don't think there should be an expected above 200k php battery replacement cost in the mid to long term future for the vehicle. But, at present, what is the projected price to actually replace the battery in case it will be needed?

3) Is the Airconditioning of the Kicks/e-Power design an electric airconditioning compressor or is it still connected to the engine via pulleys/belts?

4) Just achieving the fuel efficiency of 16km/l to 20km/l within city limits of the Philippines/NCR is already quite a huge leap forward in efficiency, but I am curious about the payload capacity for the current Kicks in the current design? How much does the efficiency tank when fully laden? Any ideas? Hope this gets tested if not here by local media, then maybe abroad by countries like Thailand, Malaysia or Indonesia. The city fuel efficiency already beat diesel powerplants, so I am morbidly curious if we could expect the e-Power design to be used for Commercial Vehicles like a Van/Shuttle and a pickup/e-jeep type powerplants while also using a NA Gasoline engine, instead of diesel?

5) I really wish there was a way, even as an accessory to add a rear spare tire mounting bracket (Wouldn't want it to be roof mounted), if it can't fit inside the rear floor bed due to the presence of a 12V Battery in the rear. I am not a fan of tire repair kits and would prefer simply changing out with a spare tire (even if it is a donut) then having the flat tire vulcanized thereafter and put back on.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    asked the Kicks guy over the weekend...
    (test drive si misis last Sat)

Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Will try to ask this here or when I get the chance to drop by Nissan/ask to look at the service booklet (if payagan).
    most of their agents are clueless about the car. sa showroom na pinuntahan namin, there were 2 guys assigned to the kicks who answered all my questions and joined us during the test drive.

it has a 5 year warranty and PMS is every 6 months or 10K kms.

Is the Airconditioning of the Kicks/e-Power design an electric airconditioning compressor or is it still connected to the engine via pulleys/belts?
    yes. its electric, even the vacuum pump ng brake is electric.
    it does not have any belts and the ICE uses a timing chain

I really wish there was a way, even as an accessory to add a rear spare tire mounting bracket (Wouldn't want it to be roof mounted), if it can't fit inside the rear floor bed due to the presence of a 12V Battery in the rear. I am not a fan of tire repair kits and would prefer simply changing out with a spare tire (even if it is a donut) then having the flat tire vulcanized thereafter and put back on.
    ilang beses ko ito tinitigan...
    the plastic holding the battery and the tire repair kit is big enough to hold a donut spare... pero you'll need to cut that plastic as its 1 big piece.

Just achieving the fuel efficiency of 16km/l to 20km/l within city limits of the Philippines/NCR is already quite a huge leap forward in efficiency, but I am curious about the payload capacity for the current Kicks in the current design? How much does the efficiency tank when fully laden? Any ideas? Hope this gets tested if not here by local media, then maybe abroad by countries like Thailand, Malaysia or Indonesia. The city fuel efficiency already beat diesel powerplants, so I am morbidly curious if we could expect the e-Power design to be used for Commercial Vehicles like a Van/Shuttle and a pickup/e-jeep type powerplants while also using a NA Gasoline engine, instead of diesel?
    we already have full electric buses/jeeps/tricycles... its more simple to create a full EV than a hybrid.
    although... it would be nice it local buses can get rid of that extra diesel engine for their A/C

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Thanks for the reply ice.
    Nasilip ko lang sandali yung about spare tire space nito nung asa Balintawak Area ako while waiting sa CW Depot sa kausap ko. The space is really was for an ICE model Kicks Spare Tire. Unless there is a reasonable way to extend the wire for the 12V battery into the rear behind the passenger seats, above the bench that doesn't obstruct the main storage area, looked like do-able but cumbersome to do, plus most likely voids the car's electrical warranty since tampered yung 12V battery wires, so I guess pag out of warranty tsaka na pwede isipin gawin. hehe. Easiest is really a rear bracket to mount a spare tire, parang nagmount ka ng bikes sa likod. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    we already have full electric buses/jeeps/tricycles... its more simple to create a full EV than a hybrid.
    although... it would be nice it local buses can get rid of that extra diesel engine for their A/C
    Ah, regarding this I was thinking for models for ASEAN like say NV200, NP300 and NV350. Not as a local assembly for e-jeeps per se or locally built buses. Along those lines lang since E-jeep na smallest model is technically just pickup with FB type rear/jeep seating built up. So since Nissan E-Power tech, thinking about what other more people carrier or load haulers could utilize the design, without going overboard.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Ah, regarding this I was thinking for models for ASEAN like say NV200, NP300 and NV350. Not as a local assembly for e-jeeps per se or locally built buses. Along those lines lang since E-jeep na smallest model is technically just pickup with FB type rear/jeep seating built up. So since Nissan E-Power tech, thinking about what other more people carrier or load haulers could utilize the design, without going overboard.
    e-power tech makes sense for private users... kasi we will go out of town where chargers are not available.

pero for PUVs... full electric will work for them. kasi they can charge while drivers rest sa terminal

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004

1) With the transmission being single gear, is it no maintenance type transmission? No change of fluids needed for the full lifetime? If fluids are needed to be replaced what is the schedule? What type oil will it use, ATF, CVTF or something else entirely? - I have not heard of any EV owner mentioning transmission oil changes so I am currently of the opinion this is no longer being done, but, that could just be because it is not being pointed out, maybe?

2) The battery is smaller compared to a Leaf or Prius right? As such, I don't think there should be an expected above 200k php battery replacement cost in the mid to long term future for the vehicle. But, at present, what is the projected price to actually replace the battery in case it will be needed?

3) Is the Airconditioning of the Kicks/e-Power design an electric airconditioning compressor or is it still connected to the engine via pulleys/belts?

4) Just achieving the fuel efficiency of 16km/l to 20km/l within city limits of the Philippines/NCR is already quite a huge leap forward in efficiency, but I am curious about the payload capacity for the current Kicks in the current design? How much does the efficiency tank when fully laden? Any ideas? Hope this gets tested if not here by local media, then maybe abroad by countries like Thailand, Malaysia or Indonesia. The city fuel efficiency already beat diesel powerplants, so I am morbidly curious if we could expect the e-Power design to be used for Commercial Vehicles like a Van/Shuttle and a pickup/e-jeep type powerplants while also using a NA Gasoline engine, instead of diesel?

5) I really wish there was a way, even as an accessory to add a rear spare tire mounting bracket (Wouldn't want it to be roof mounted), if it can't fit inside the rear floor bed due to the presence of a 12V Battery in the rear. I am not a fan of tire repair kits and would prefer simply changing out with a spare tire (even if it is a donut) then having the flat tire vulcanized thereafter and put back on.
    Answers:
    1) It's an electric motor, technically no transmission so no fluids.
    2) Battery size is 2.06 kWh, 1-2% the size of an EV battery 50-80kWh.
    3) Electric air conditioner.
    4)
    5) How many times have you had a flat in recent years? A tire repair kit would do fine unless you're out of town. Call a taxi, have tire patched up, total cost over time will probably be lesser than buying a tire, wheel and bracket.
    Last edited by Walter; August 16th, 2022 at 11:27 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Answers:
    1) It's an electric motor, technically no transmission so no fluids.
    2) Battery size is 2.06 kWh, 1-2% the size of an EV battery 50-80kWh.
    3) Electric air conditioner.
    4)
    5) How many times have you had a flat in recent years? A tire repair kit would do fine unless you're out of town. Call a taxi, have tire patched up, total cost over time will probably be lesser than buying a tire, wheel and bracket.
    1) good to hear if really no need to replace transmission fluids for the single gear. At least there is that service item that can be taken out from PMS costs.
    2) So, i'm presuming with the 1-2% size, high end cost should not exceed 50k php. maybe around 15-20k php being the ideal price position considering the cost for enclosure (cooling of cells?), importation and markup. But hopefully Nissan PH has more concrete figures to offer us.
    3) Thanks also

5) For me, almost once a year (or every 1.5 years) if I am lucky. I go to construction sites so suffering punctures is a little higher possiblity for me than normal. Calling a taxi and having it patched up is okay if it were daytime when the flat happens. But if it is late already, just having the spare tire is a bit more for peace of mind. But again, its dependent on individual use case basis, that's why I'm wondering about it. =)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    meron pa rin transmission and differential yan the only type of electric drive that doesn't use gears is the direct-drive hub-motor i.e. the hub is the motor itself and turns the wheel directly 1:1. all the other types have to transmit via gears or chains (hence the term tranmission) pero fixed ratio (though some high performance EVs have 2-speed).

so yeah the tranny and diff still need lubrication, probably with something not off-the-shelf, probably low viscosity (for efficiency reasons) GL-5 or something . intervals are probably long coz a GL-4 5-speed m/t can go for 120,000 kilometers

as for flat tires, just get a "tusok" kit and electric inflator. during normal driving it's super unlikely to get a torn or exploded tire (that can't be fixed w/ tusok)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    hanggang ngayon nag research pa din ako sa claim ng Nissan demo guy na kaya daw ng Leaf tumakbo for 900kms on battery power alone (best case scenario)

EV mode...

*plan kasi namin kumuha ng hybrid as our next car kaya todo research ako (di naman tayo araw araw bibili ng kotse)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    hanggang ngayon nag research pa din ako sa claim ng Nissan demo guy na kaya daw ng Leaf tumakbo for 900kms on battery power alone (best case scenario)

EV mode...

*plan kasi namin kumuha ng hybrid as our next car kaya todo research ako (di naman tayo araw araw bibili ng kotse)
    Impossible yang 900kms on battery power alone na sinabi sa iyo ng demo guy. 2KWH lang ang battery ng Kicks. Yun ngang Tesla Model 3 Standard na may 50KWH na battery eh 265 km lang ang range.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    meron pa rin transmission and differential yan the only type of electric drive that doesn't use gears is the direct-drive hub-motor i.e. the hub is the motor itself and turns the wheel directly 1:1. all the other types have to transmit via gears or chains (hence the term tranmission) pero fixed ratio (though some high performance EVs have 2-speed).

so yeah the tranny and diff still need lubrication, probably with something not off-the-shelf, probably low viscosity (for efficiency reasons) GL-5 or something . intervals are probably long coz a GL-4 5-speed m/t can go for 120,000 kilometers

as for flat tires, just get a "tusok" kit and electric inflator. during normal driving it's super unlikely to get a torn or exploded tire (that can't be fixed w/ tusok)
    Serial Hybrid ang Kicks. Single speed reduction gearbox and no clutch needed. I'd expect longer maintenance intervals because of the simplicity of the setup.