New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It will run at higher RPMs during conditions when the battery depletion faster ... e-power does not have a large battery capacity ...
    Yes, I heard that's what happens when driven hard like in the media test in Clark. I'm assuming the generator and battery are both sending power to the electric motor when this happens.

Nissan doesn't really give much info on the rpm range but I did watch a video of a Note e-Power being driven hard and the engine was loud.

The more i read about it, the more that I feel this is like a hybrid but with EV acceleration and maybe better fuel economy.
    Last edited by AG4; August 7th, 2022 at 12:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Think of it like normal charging mode and fast charging mode ... the ICE would not be sending power directly to the motor ... it is a hybrid EV, just a different type ...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the ICE generator sends electricity to the inverter

not directly to the electric motor

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    the ICE generator sends electricity to the inverter

not t to the electric motor
    Yes, an inverter. Nissan mentioned in an earlier press release about power from the generator and battery both being used during hard acceleration.

"When strong acceleration is required, the motor combines the electricity generated by the engine and the electricity from the battery, and then powerfully drives the vehicle."
    -Nissan
    Last edited by AG4; August 7th, 2022 at 02:28 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Think of it like normal charging mode and fast charging mode ... the ICE would not be sending power directly to the motor ... it is a hybrid EV, just a different type ...
    I think it does during hard acceleration. This is not in the local Nissan website, saw this in the global website.

"When strong acceleration is required, the motor combines the electricity generated by the engine and the electricity from the battery, and then powerfully drives the vehicle."
    -Nissan

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    if this can generate stable 20kilomters per liter whether traffic or mabilis eh pwede. Pero kung 20KPL pag mablis lang eh sayang pera.

mag full electric na lang para hindi gaano complicated makina. May pinakita sa news ilan EV na nakita ko kahit baha hindi tumitirik

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    if this can generate stable 20kilomters per liter whether traffic or mabilis eh pwede. Pero kung 20KPL pag mablis lang eh sayang pera.

mag full electric na lang para hindi gaano complicated makina. May pinakita sa news ilan EV na nakita ko kahit baha hindi tumitirik
    Kayang-kaya 20kpl under normal driving situations.

Advantage pa rin ito kasi hindi mahirap maghanap ng gas station v. a charging station in case makalimutan mag-charge.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Driving from Metro Manila to Albay with the Nissan Kicks | Visor

Even without regard for fuel efficiency, I still managed to achieve 18km/L

Hopefully more F/C figures come out as more reviewers test the car.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Driving from Metro Manila to Albay with the Nissan Kicks | Visor

Hopefully more F/C figures come out as more reviewers test the car.
    I guess it's not as fuel efficient as I was expecting. Close to what reviewers get in the hybrid Toyotas.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I guess it's not as fuel efficient as I was expecting. Close to what reviewers get in the hybrid Toyotas.
    agree, although
    (from local reviews)

Kicks - 18km/l
    Cross - 25km/l

if both cars travel for 100kms, the difference will only be PhP 116 (gas at PhP 75 per liter)

my question is, how bad can it go for the Kicks?

I've seen reviews of the Cross mentioning 18km/l on a bad day.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast