New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I was able to check out the Nissan Kicks while waiting.

Size wise, seems at par with the HR-V, MG ZS, Geely cool-ray.
    It looks more muscular than the Corolla Cross, thou the Corolla cross looks slimmer and longer.
    Interior wise it seem to be well stocked with Tech (VL model was in display), Rear passenger space is good, Trunk space is adequate.
    I saw the cars small automotive battery under the Rear Trunk. I am guessing this is for the Gasoline engine.
    There doesn't seem to be a spare tire and only a portable tire inflator thou forgot to ask this sa SA.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post

It looks more muscular than the Corolla Cross, thou the Corolla cross looks slimmer and longer.
    Interior wise it seem to be well stocked with Tech (VL model was in display), Rear passenger space is good, Trunk space is adequate.
    I saw the cars small automotive battery under the Rear Trunk. I am guessing this is for the Gasoline engine.
    There doesn't seem to be a spare tire and only a portable tire inflator thou forgot to ask this sa SA.

12 Volt Battery is still present to power up the accessories as with most hybrid & electric cars.

You're right, Kicks doesn't have spare tire, just Tire Repair kit.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post

The 1.3M variant is the one to get.

But more interested talaga sa X-Trail e-Power. Turbo charged gasoline na generator, lols.

And updated na din yung e-Power drivetrain. But not sure if babalik X-Trail dito since pinatay na ng Nissan alongside the Sylphy.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Turbo charged gasoline na generator, lols.
    I am wondering what's the benefit of turbo-charged gasoline as generator.
    Is it capable to charge the battery at shortest time possible?
    How will the turbo kicked-in? hehe...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    inimagine ko ung gasoline engine ng nissan e power performs the same way as engine-driven welding machine

sa engine-driven welding the engine runs at low rpm when you're not welding

pag dinikit mo ung welding electrode sa bakal the engine will automatically rev up

sa e-power, during standstill or low power demand the engine runs at low rpm

pag diniin mo ung accelerator ung higher demand for electricity will make the engine rev up (the turbo will spool up) to generate more electricity for the electric motor

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    although nandyan ung battery that powers the electric motor, tinutulungan din ng generator ung battery

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Just hope niether the ICE nor the electric motors fail on you.

Magka problem yung isa, hindi ka na aandar.

After seeing foreign reviews from 2020, parang reklamo nila is yung off/on ng ICE. Very audible daw.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post

turbo improves low-RPM torque. pero e-power decouples the ICE from the wheels so you don't need low-RPM torque, you just need to spin the generator at the right RPMs so you can gear it such that you don't need low-RPM torque

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    inimagine ko ung gasoline engine ng nissan e power performs the same way as engine-driven welding machine

sa engine-driven welding the engine runs at low rpm when you're not welding

pag dinikit mo ung welding electrode sa bakal the engine will automatically rev up

sa e-power, during standstill or low power demand the engine runs at low rpm

pag diniin mo ung accelerator ung higher demand for electricity will make the engine rev up (the turbo will spool up) to generate more electricity for the electric motor
    Ganun nga ang principle. Because hindi naman pwede marami ang battery at bibigat ang sasakyan. Need enough lang for normal city-driving. Sa highway runs need na talag tumulong combustion engine. Kakapusin na battery power.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    turbo improves low-RPM torque. pero e-power decouples the ICE from the wheels so you don't need low-RPM torque, you just need to spin the generator at the right RPMs so you can gear it such that you don't need low-RPM torque
    I guess Nissan's turbocharged ICE was tuned to be a very fuel efficient generator, besides the vehicle's wheels are 100% driven by the electric motor.
    Last edited by AG4; August 6th, 2022 at 03:57 PM.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast