Nissan finally launches 2020 Kicks e-Power in South East Asia

E-Power tech

kkiok.jpg
    kikikk.jpg
    kkkkkkk.jpg
    Last edited by foifoi05; May 16th, 2020 at 03:22 PM. Reason: addtl photos

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I bought one as my kid's first car. I'm surprised how light it is at 2700 lbs. It's 200 lbs lighter than a 2020 Corolla.

Also the bigger grill of the Kicks in the previous posts should be the 2021 Kicks here where I am.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 15th, 2020 at 02:31 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    huge 3500 cash back? how many liters on the cvt jf series? I think the mexicans fixed the jatco problems

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    huge 3500 cash back? how many liters on the cvt jf series? I think the mexicans fixed the jatco problems
    The 2020 Kicks has a 1.6L I-4 with 122 HP. 0-60 mph comes at 10 seconds. I don't think the engine will be stressing the CVT that much. It won't see uphill mountain roads or even freeways either. It's strictly a city car and I think the Kicks will do fine.

The kid is helping pay for it and the insurance. It'll help build up her credit score.

Oh. I'm still suspicious with the CVT. I still think my choice (Mazda CX-3) would have been a better peace of mind.

I guess it's better she got the Kicks. If she got the CX-3, I'll be driving it too. He He.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 16th, 2020 at 03:49 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    The 2020 Kicks has a 1.6L I-4 with 122 HP. 0-60 mph comes at 10 seconds. I don't think the engine will be stressing the CVT that much. It won't see uphill mountain roads or even freeways either. It's strictly a city car and I think the Kicks will do fine.

The kid is helping pay for it and the insurance. It'll help build up her credit score.

Oh. I'm still suspicious with the CVT. I still think my choice (Mazda CX-3) would have been a better peace of mind.

I guess it's better she got the Kicks. If she got the CX-3, I'll be driving it too. He He.
    i'm not really worried about the cvt for the next 200,000km or miles equivalent. those chicanos rebuilding them are pretty damn sharp.

in my neck of the woods, we don't have these trained techs or master mechs.

their camera-based aeb's are pretty damn good too.
    Last edited by StockEngine; September 16th, 2020 at 04:05 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    i'm not really worried about the cvt for the next 200,000km or miles equivalent. those chicanos rebuilding them are pretty damn sharp.

How about the CVT built by the Chinese for Ford Territory?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    How about the CVT built by the Chinese for Ford Territory?
    No info on these chinese vehicles. Though It will have the same fluids as other cvts and oils. I hope the powertrain warranty is 10yrs like that of Koreans.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Which Korean brands here offer that? The less known ones?

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Which Korean brands here offer that? The less known ones?
    I think he is talking about Korean brands in the US specifically.
    America's Best Warranty

The Korean brands here offer only 5 years. Kia with 160k kms mileage limit while Hyundai has unlimited mileage.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Looking back at my experiences with gas mileage vs longevity...... I prefer longevity. I hope I get at least, 10 years with the Nissan Kicks. My wife's Rogue is 7 years old. 3 more years to go.

My first 4 vehicles never even reached 10 years before I got rid of them. The first car I owned that lasted beyond 10 years was my 1995 Ford Contour SE (13 years). Then, my 2006 Hyundai Sonata lasted 14 years before I gave it away.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast