New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Light city around 7.5 Km/L.
    Heavy traffic around 5-6 Km/L.
    Friday rush hour I don't look at the FE anymore.

My average is around 8.7 Km/L. Around half is (non expressway) highway Kms.
    Thank you sir for the reply. Actually Im on the fence between the 2.5L xtrail and subaru forester 2.0i premium. Do you think the forester would do better fc in the city??

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Investor6161 View Post
    Thank you sir for the reply. Actually Im on the fence between the 2.5L xtrail and subaru forester 2.0i premium. Do you think the forester would do better fc in the city??
    Though not well documented, I guess most Forester 2.0L owners experience around 7-8 km/L on city driving routes which is the usual average for CUVs with smaller engine displacements. Among gas CUVs, the CX5 2.0L offers better fuel efficiency averages, around 9-10 km/L.

I have the Forester XT and I am doing only around 6 km/L on hellish traffic in Sucat and Makati CBD. The fuel economy I do experience while driving in SLEX/Skyway is negated by the bumper-to-bumper conditions in Sucat and Makati CBD.

Traffic conditions play a big part in fuel efficiency. My FXT can achieve 8 km/L or better when city traffic conditions are favorable.
    Last edited by Egan101; October 3rd, 2016 at 05:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Yes the Subie is more efficient in the city. Comparing 2.5 vs 2.0 NA that's 25% more displacement. If you do mostly city km, the 2.0 makes more sense.

Xtrail 2.0 vs Forester 2.0i/premium is a better comparison.

*Egan101
    That's pretty good FE. What's the worst FE you get on the FXT?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Thanks for the replies guys!!! Still having a hard time choosing between the two. The Forester is nice and well equipped, just having second thought on maintenance/parts, cost of ownership.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hello Sir, new member here, also interested with the x-trail 4x4, how much discount did your SA gave you? Can you pls share your discount and freebies.
    Thanks!
    You may call or text my agent Lana 09153205008 for the price and freebies. Normally before the year ends, they try to dispose of their remaining current year model inventories. Also, they are putting up a new branch along Sucat Rd. kaya they're trying to get their first 100 customers.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by aloy View Post
    You may call or text my agent Lana 09153205008 for the price and freebies. Normally before the year ends, they try to dispose of their remaining current year model inventories. Also, they are putting up a new branch along Sucat Rd. kaya they're trying to get their first 100 customers.
    Thank you Sir!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks for the replies guys!!! Still having a hard time choosing between the two. The Forester is nice and well equipped, just having second thought on maintenance/parts, cost of ownership.
    We also had to choose between the two. We didn't go whole hog and get the FXT as it was a bit expensive and ride quality was stiff for me. In the end we got the Xtrail 4x4 as we needed the bigger interior space and the 2.0i premium was a bit slow on the highway for me.

If you like going at a relaxed pace though, the premium is great. Better equipped, and the deep and big windows offer great visibility all around.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Same dilemma tayo pero ako between Forester 2.0i-L and X-trail 2.5L 4X4. I like their rides. I think the Forester has better workmanship but their brake pads costs 9k (my Santa Fe genuine brake pads only costs 3k from Seiring). I also like the AVM and the 3rd seat option (in case of emergency) available in the X-trail.

The 2.0i-L with the 80k discount last month was easier to own until my SA offered me their new X-trail discount through financing. So, hopefully I can have my unit soon.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by aloy View Post
    Same dilemma tayo pero ako between Forester 2.0i-L and X-trail 2.5L 4X4. I like their rides. I think the Forester has better workmanship but their brake pads costs 9k (my Santa Fe genuine brake pads only costs 3k from Seiring). I also like the AVM and the 3rd seat option (in case of emergency) available in the X-trail.

The 2.0i-L with the 80k discount last month was easier to own until my SA offered me their new X-trail discount through financing. So, hopefully I can have my unit soon.
    the x trail is cramped for my size...bout the brake pads, just buy online...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    We also had to choose between the two. We didn't go whole hog and get the FXT as it was a bit expensive and ride quality was stiff for me. In the end we got the Xtrail 4x4 as we needed the bigger interior space and the 2.0i premium was a bit slow on the highway for me.

If you like going at a relaxed pace though, the premium is great. Better equipped, and the deep and big windows offer great visibility all around.
    Test drove both cars last PIMS event, my impressions are the xtrail is a bit sluggish for a 2.5L engine but very smooth to drive while the forester 2.0L is quick to accelerate compared to xtrail.