New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    4x4 here, my average full tank FC is around 6.3km/L to 6.6km/L in pure city with 70% heavy traffic and 30% light traffic. I'm happy with this as my previous T30 2L gets the same FC and my T31 gets even worse at 5.6km/L. Try using ECO mode as it hinders your acceleration. CRV also gets the same or even worse FC.

It's strange that Hyundai Alabang got the new Tucson first compared to the Metro Manila branches.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4x4 here, my average full tank FC is around 6.3km/L to 6.6km/L in pure city with 70% heavy traffic and 30% light traffic. I'm happy with this as my previous T30 2L gets the same FC and my T31 gets even worse at 5.6km/L. Try using ECO mode as it hinders your acceleration. CRV also gets the same or even worse FC.

It's strange that Hyundai Alabang got the new Tucson first compared to the Metro Manila branches.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by petebb View Post
    Sir Blooperoo, Sir Irmscher need you help on wiring the head unit. I sent you a pm hope you are able to reply. Thanks in Advance
    Hi Guys, I would like to share my experience with my project on Head Unit, first of all I would like to Thank Sir Blooperoo and Sir Irmscher for their assistance on this project.

A brief history: Upon reading this forum, I decided to buy the same item that Sir Blooperoo bought, my mistake, as after buying the item, I saw a post by Sir Blooperoo on his decision to sell his Head Unit, and his comment on problem with the steering control. I sent a pm to Sir Blooperoo and Sir Irmscher on how to solve the steering control problem. After weighing all options, I decided to ask my brother-in-law to bring the unit to his trusted car/audio shop and have it installed, I was resigned by the fact that the steering wheel control will not work. After 2 days, the unit was brought back to me and was surprised that they were able to have the steering wheel control to work .

Here are some pictures that I have taken.

I do have some issues:
    1st issue - The information says that the unit is Android 4.4.4, but my sons was able to find out that the the actual version is only 4.2.2, now I'm confused

2nd issue, the OBDII is not working for my unit, tried to pair it with the head unit, but It couldn't be paired, tried pairing it to my smartphone, it paired but the apps (Torque) says that my unit is not program to be read or NO DATA is being send .

Anyway I also have my abscbn blackbox installed and I was able to download waze app already.

I will post the other photos.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p_20150927_080827.jpg   p_20150927_083555.jpg   p_20150927_081022.jpg   p_20150927_081048.jpg  

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Here the other photos
    1st photo abscbn blackbox tv program
    2nd photo is build in GPS program
    3rd photo is waze app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p_20150927_081220.jpg   p_20150927_081550.jpg   p_20150927_084647.jpg  

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Here the other photos
    3rd photo is waze app
    Sino technician mo? Galing nya ha. Haven't found the time to try to get mine working as I just completed buying the things I want installed (speakers, front cam. Inipon ko muna. Hehehe). Also nice that radio info shows up in info display.

Please pm me where you had it installed. Sana pwede home service.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Here the other photos
    3rd photo is waze app
    Also, do you have a pic of where the tv plus antenna was installed? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Glad it all worked out for you, petebb! FYI, when I attempted it, I also wasn't able to successfully pair the OBD2 bluetooth dongle with Torque on my MXTRON head unit. Haven't really tried to troubleshoot yet, but there are videos of other MXTRON owners demonstrating successful pairing, so perhaps I just need to figure it out a bit more.

*blooperoo - what speakers did you get? are you going for an amped setup?

Glad it all worked out for you, petebb! FYI, when I attempted it, I also wasn't able to successfully pair the OBD2 bluetooth dongle with Torque on my MXTRON head unit. Haven't really tried to troubleshoot yet, but there are videos of other MXTRON owners demonstrating successful pairing, so perhaps I just need to figure it out a bit more.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by blooperoo View Post
    Also, do you have a pic of where the tv plus antenna was installed? Thanks!
    Here's the photo of the antenna:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails antenna.jpg  

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Thanks Sir Irmscher, itry ko muna sa ibang car ko kung gagana siya

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    May ads si Nissan na mas matipid pa daw ang ownership experience nang xtrail vs diesel CUV. Papano kaya nila na-compute yun? Anyone had an idea?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by irmscher View Post

I got Flux separates for the front, Morel coax for the rear and a small 80W RMS JBL amp. Got them from Mickey's. I already have the front and rear cams from Lamson. Just need to find time to have them installed. No subs yet. Want to get new wheels first. Already made a reservation for a set, no tires yet.

If petebb's installer is near my place, I can have my installation done there at least he already knows how to wire it.

*petebb - did your installer follow exactly the fix from irmscher? Hope you can give info on the shop or technician. Thanks.