New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 87 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Got a 4x2 myself 2 weeks ago.

Stalk switch ba yung fogs kay Lamson? I know the lamps themselves are original, Valeo units, pero last I heard from one of the posters on this thread na dash switch siya.

BTW take note na may OEM backup sensors and meron din aftermarket. Yung aftermarket yung galing sa accessories section ng dealership...whereas if you want to get the OEM ones (which IIRC costs around 7K+), kelangan mong kunin sa parts section yun.

My planned mods for my 4x2 are:
    1. Android HU
    2. Backup cam
    3. OEM fogs
    4. 3M Crystalline tint (now running tintless...swanget kasi ng freebie tint ng dealership. It was a choice of either 3M's FX-ST or Titanium)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks irmscher.

Dash switch yung kay Lamson. Searched everywhere for the stalk switch (eBay and aliexpress or Amazon) wala. It's a lot easier to look for parts for a Kia Sportage than the T32. Will get the fogs pa din then maybe when the stalks are available, saka ko na lang palitan.

The back up sensors are OEM. Reason why unit can't be released as they are waiting for a set from the plant. It costs 7500. Agent told me she had one buyer that had the 3500 back up sensor installed. Messed the electronics and affected the radio. Sobrang sensitive naman electronics ng T32.

Nissan Ortigas uses VKool but I want it clear. Mahal! 40k yung VKool clear. if I had that much I'd spend it on leather seats na lang. Had them deduct the cost of the tint na lang. Getting SolarGard clear. Cost is 7800 (dami ko ng na canvass kahit wala pa yung unit. Hehehe). Have the same installed on our Sportage. Ok naman. How much is 3M Crystalline?

Lamson is testing an Android unit. Makulit na ako sa sobrang daming tanong. Will post once he gets feedback from their supplier. I also looked at the wiring harness and dash kit of Metra (via Amazon) in case I get a pioneer head unit. Another option is keep the orig head unit and get a rear view mirror with 4.3" LCD with a front and rear view camera, auto dimming. Kaya lang kasing price na ng pioneer headunit na AVH-5700 something. The rear view mirror slides into the existing mounting.

Having Lamson parcel the items to me. Fogs and rain visors. Installing Bosch Europas (that I removed from a vehicle we are selling to get the xty). Getting Euroline yellow bulbs for the fogs and maybe Alva LED bulbs for the headlights.

Also thinking of getting Husky liners and the back up camera from Amazon. Makikiusap lang muna ako sa kapatid ko na isingit sa door to door. Weathertech is too expensive. Husky would cost 7k+. Weathertech costs around 12-14 through the local distributor. The deep dish mats of Lamson and other sellers are too smooth for me. Mas gusto ko yung rubber ng Husky or Weathertech.

Please post your mods pag meron na. Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Casa can get these parts for you naman kaso sobrang taas ng markup nila. Also AFAIK combination switch ang kelangan palitan sa 2014 Rogue/X-trail.

See here: 2014 2015 Nissan Rogue Front Bumper Fog Light Lamps Bezel Kit New Genuine | eBay

Now what I don't know is, from the link above, the headlight switch has the auto setting, which our 4x2 X-trail doesn't have. As such not sure if it'll work. Would be pretty cool if we could gain the auto headlight setting just by installing this combination switch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Casa can get these parts for you naman kaso sobrang taas ng markup nila. Also AFAIK combination switch ang kelangan palitan sa 2014 Rogue/X-trail.

See here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-Nissan-Rogue-Front-Bumper-Fog-Light-Lamps-Bezel-Kit-OEM-NEW-Genuine-/321748797358?fits=Year%3A2014%7CMake%3ANissan%7CMo del%3ARogue&hash=item4ae9b907ae&vxp=mtr

Now what I don't know is, from the link above, the headlight switch has the auto setting, which our 4x2 X-trail doesn't have. As such not sure if it'll work. Would be pretty cool if we could gain the auto headlight setting just by installing this combination switch.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    sir blooperoo would you know the bulb types of the xtrail headlight and fogs?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Will know when I get the unit later. Waiting for Nissan to finish installing the back up sensors. Will know fog bulb type when my order from Lamson arrives. Will post.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    *irmscher if I had seen this link earlier, would have gotten this instead of the one from Lamson. Comes out almost the same price. Items are in transit already. 2015 Nissan X-Trail (Nissan Rogue) My concern is if the local service crew of Nissan knows how to install the fogs with the stalk switch. Agent keeps on saying that they're not yet adequately trained to install accessories or add ons.

The auto on would be really cool if just by installing the assembly and adding the dash mounted sensor, it would work. I'm not sure if Nissan uses the same ECU for all 4x2s whether stripped down or loaded. Would also like to be able to install a cruise control switch (clock spring might be changed). That's the nice thing about our Sportage MT. We tested the cruise control switch and it worked! They have the same ECUs.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blooperoo View Post
    Will know when I get the unit later. Waiting for Nissan to finish installing the back up sensors. Will know fog bulb type when my order from Lamson arrives. Will post.
    Thanks sir! Pa share na lang later once you have confirmation.

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    My Android head unit from Aliexpress has arrived, and came free with a reverse camera and an OBD2 bluetooth transmitter which would allow me to run an OBD2 monitoring app like Torque and see key stats in real time. Since I ordered a reverse camera before I ordered the head unit, I now have two reverse cameras. If anyone is looking to get one, please PM me. Wala pa akong nakikita locally na fit sa OEM plate lamp ng Xtrail.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by irmscher View Post
    My Android head unit from Aliexpress has arrived, and came free with a reverse camera and an OBD2 bluetooth transmitter which would allow me to run an OBD2 monitoring app like Torque and see key stats in real time. Since I ordered a reverse camera before I ordered the head unit, I now have two reverse cameras. If anyone is looking to get one, please PM me. Wala pa akong nakikita locally na fit sa OEM plate lamp ng Xtrail.
    Will the steering wheel controls and AVM still work with the new head unit?