New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by irmscher View Post
    Nice! So you got that kind instead huh. I saw that too pero preferred the OEM look of the one with hardware buttons. Sorry for the late reply -- I was overseas. Actually yung sa akin hindi ko pa din nakakabit. Hopefully I'll get around to doing that next weekend.

This is the one I got: MXTRON For Nissan X Trail Android DVD GPS Navigation, Supports Factory 360 View Camera, XTrail Android WiFi GPS Navigation-in Car DVD from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Napakabit mo na fogs mo from Lamson? If yes, does the indicator for the rear fog on the instrument cluster light up when you have the foglamps switched on? Not a big deal, but would be great if it does, though baka enabled lang talaga yun kung OEM stalk switch ang gamit.

Wala kang balak kumuha kay Lamson ng roof rails?
    Was originally thinking of getting the one you got or the 10.1" MXTRON. Was thinking I never get to use the DVD player. Probably once lang in the last 3 years. It was delivered door to door via FedEx so didn't have to pick it up sa post office. Ok na din yung tax. Planning to install it next free day.

Fogs nakabit na. Mukhang pwede din i DIY. They ran the wires thru the wheel well kasi walang butas sa firewall. I think we need the stalk switch to enable the dash fog indicator. Ok na din sinabay ko lang sa park lights.

Roof rails crossed my mind pero not sure kung may butas. Will ask.

Mali yung free back up camera na kasama nung head unit. Parang pang livina. Narrow sya. Dapat mas malapad. Kung tama yung extra mo bilhin ko na lang. Pls pm how much and where I can get it. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sir actually madaming klase sa Aliexpress. Try doing a keyword search for "Nissan X-trail Android". Two types yan: one is yung parang tablet like yung kay blooperoo, then the other kind is like mine, with the hardware buttons. Nagkakatalo lang sila sa:
    - harness and sockets at the back of the head unit
    - OS version (some are running Android 4.4; others are on 4.2.2)
    - Android launcher that they're using -- as you can see magkakaiba itsura ng home screen nila. Some are better designed than others
    - Screen resolution
    - slight differences in button layouts across units

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sir actually madaming klase sa Aliexpress. Try doing a keyword search for "Nissan X-trail Android". Two types yan: one is yung parang tablet like yung kay blooperoo, then the other kind is like mine, with the hardware buttons. Nagkakatalo lang sila sa:
    - harness and sockets at the back of the head unit
    - OS version (some are running Android 4.4; others are on 4.2.2)
    - Android launcher that they're using -- as you can see magkakaiba itsura ng home screen nila. Some are better designed than others
    - Screen resolution
    - slight differences in button layouts across units
    Try mo din I search MXTRON. They have both yung may DVD saka wala.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by blooperoo View Post
    Was originally thinking of getting the one you got or the 10.1" MXTRON. Was thinking I never get to use the DVD player. Probably once lang in the last 3 years. It was delivered door to door via FedEx so didn't have to pick it up sa post office. Ok na din yung tax. Planning to install it next free day.

Fogs nakabit na. Mukhang pwede din i DIY. They ran the wires thru the wheel well kasi walang butas sa firewall. I think we need the stalk switch to enable the dash fog indicator. Ok na din sinabay ko lang sa park lights.

Roof rails crossed my mind pero not sure kung may butas. Will ask.

Mali yung free back up camera na kasama nung head unit. Parang pang livina. Narrow sya. Dapat mas malapad. Kung tama yung extra mo bilhin ko na lang. Pls pm how much and where I can get it. Thanks.
    Hmmm....I assume when you say sinabay mo sa park lights, I assume you mean the unit can only turn on pag naka on yung park lights? Pero may separate switch pa din yung fogs? I've seen installation instructions for the fog and stalk switch set being sold on eBay and what it seems to indicate is that may naka-abang na na harness for the fogs, and all one has to do is mount the fogs, plug in the sockets, then install the stalk switch and voila, gagana na daw. Not sure lang if it's the same case for our Kyushu-assembled T32s.

Yung roof rails, according to Lamson may butas na daw yung 4x2 pero kelangan lang daw lakihan. Like you, I'm apprehensive when it comes to drilling holes on the car's sheet metal. Baka pag simulan ng rust eh kakatakot. Tingnan ko mood ko when I finally find the time to visit Lamson hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hmmm....I assume when you say sinabay mo sa park lights, I assume you mean the unit can only turn on pag naka on yung park lights? Pero may separate switch pa din yung fogs? I've seen installation instructions for the fog and stalk switch set being sold on eBay and what it seems to indicate is that may naka-abang na na harness for the fogs, and all one has to do is mount the fogs, plug in the sockets, then install the stalk switch and voila, gagana na daw. Not sure lang if it's the same case for our Kyushu-assembled T32s.

Yung roof rails, according to Lamson may butas na daw yung 4x2 pero kelangan lang daw lakihan. Like you, I'm apprehensive when it comes to drilling holes on the car's sheet metal. Baka pag simulan ng rust eh kakatakot. Tingnan ko mood ko when I finally find the time to visit Lamson hehe.
    Yes, fogs only turn on when the park lights are on and may separate switch pa din yung fogs. Will try to post a pic. Pag medyo OC lang, hindi pareho kulay ng backlight nung switch sa stock switches. Pero ok pa din until they make the stalk switch available. As per Nissan Ortigas, some of them looked for the wiring harness sa bumper, wala daw pero I think yung abang sa steering column meron pa din dapat. I suppose later on matutunan din nila pano mag kabit ng fogs with stalk switch. Parang takot sila mag install ng ibang item. Kahit back up sensors may hesitation sila nung una mag kabit.

We have a Manual tranny Sportage with no fogs and fog harness, nagawan ng Casa kabitan ng fogs, harness and stalk switch. Mas malakas lang siguro loob ng Kia technicians kesa sa Nissan. Hehe.

About going to Lamson, inisip ko din gawin yun but looking at the map going there, natakot ako dalhin si X dun. Hehehe. Had the items delivered na lang. 350 shipping for the fogs and visors.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Ung factory mounts po nang 4x2 is sa mid and rear portion lang, kaya ung kadalasan aftermarket roof rail naka adhesive lang like mine, meron din naman gagawan ng bracket sa front para sa mounting, kaso bubutas sa roof at weather strip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1433083731319.jpg  

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skylightpigeon View Post
    Ung factory mounts po nang 4x2 is sa mid and rear portion lang, kaya ung kadalasan aftermarket roof rail naka adhesive lang like mine, meron din naman gagawan ng bracket sa front para sa mounting, kaso bubutas sa roof at weather strip.

sir may picture po ba kayo nung factory mounts sa local unit natin? or if anyone is willing to diy tanggalin yung weather strip and mapicture yung mounts. ang basis ko kasi is yung sa taiwan spec X-Trail na pinalaki lang yung stock holes para mabolt on yung roof rails. we'll be applying anti-rust coating and waterproof sealant there once we enlarge the holes so no worries naman. I haven't personally checked sa local ones kasi walang gusto pumunta samin hahaha, last time an x-trail went wala pa roof rails namin noon last year pa

sir may picture po ba kayo nung factory mounts sa local unit natin? or if anyone is willing to diy tanggalin yung weather strip and mapicture yung mounts. ang basis ko kasi is yung sa taiwan spec X-Trail na pinalaki lang yung stock holes para mabolt on yung roof rails. we'll be applying anti-rust coating and waterproof sealant there once we enlarge the holes so no worries naman. I haven't personally checked sa local ones kasi walang gusto pumunta samin hahaha, last time an x-trail went wala pa roof rails namin noon last year pa

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Yan po pag tinanggal ung cover
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1433093983717.jpg  

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Medyo scary po kasi pag install nang oem roof rail https://youtu.be/t2Z12zV0lmI

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Medyo scary po kasi pag install nang oem roof rail https://youtu.be/t2Z12zV0lmI
    Yup eto nga rin ang binigay samin na video. May disclaimer na sinabi dun sa drilling part na yun nga, may actual butas na doon and pinapalaki lang siya

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post

Hehehe. Sorry, medyo takot sa dadaanan papunta sa inyo. Di kasi kabisado yung daan.

Wala ba talagang purely bolt on na roof rails?