New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    tire noise is the worst! congrats on the new tires. if they aren't as quiet.. there is one shop that can help with insulation

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "nissan trait?"
    our late 90s sentra also had noisy factory tires.
    i already forgot what brand and model the tires were.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    tire noise is the worst! congrats on the new tires. if they aren't as quiet.. there is one shop that can help with insulation

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    They are significantly quieter. I can drive with no radio and I wouldn't take notice of the road noise compared to before. There would of course be road noise still if im going over coarse concrete roads (non asphalt) but it is still way better compared to before. I'm really happy with them.

I am curious how much they paid for the stock Ecopia EP150 but since I don't like the tire, I never bothered to even check the price to replace it with.

Hehe!

To note: the ES32 from SnR is at 4849php per tire, if from Yokohama Philippines 4500php per tire. Cash price would cost a bit less, closer to 4200php if I remember correctly from Westlake. But I opted for SnR given the GCs from Eastwest to use in SnR along with the free rotation, balancing service that I could do when I'm there every 6 months or annually. I left a photocopy of the receipts in my glove box and keep the original in my file folder to maximize use of it, along with the free vulcanizing. =) I think the conveninece is worth it for me given that I do bring my parents to SnR from time to time, along with the Unioil discount. =)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Magsi-6 yrs na sa March 2013 Sentra ko. New here from US.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    1.6CVT Sylphy owner here.
    If that is the price difference of 2nd hand 1.8 vs 1.6, I suggest 1.8 na bilhin mo.
    For one thing, 1.6 requires you to buy premium unleaded, so 2php per liter more expensive ka na agad sa gas station. hehe! =)

CVT, no issues ako sa Sylphy naman. Ride still comfortable even now, after 4 years.

Pero, I am just having 20k checkup after 4 years. Haha! So I'm not sure sa mas gamit na na owners ng Sylphy. Pero I like it more than the newer Altis still, so I can't complain.

When driving it, try not to floor it too much, that's not how CVTs were meant to be used because they were designed for efficiency. Kahit na 2000rpm lang hataw ko, enough na yun to keep up with regular traffic sa highway or expressway. =)

Now, my main concern has to do with the aircon being tempermental kaya pinapacheck ko yung akin. Not sure bakit nagkaissue. Basically buga ng aircon paminsan ipit sa windshield and foot mode lang. Ayaw bumuga sa mukha ko. Haha! So may nagloloko sa unit ko. Pero malamig pa din kahit na di ko naramdaman yung hangin so can't really complain much. =)

And yung lintik na rear view mirror ko talon ng talon sa lubak! Nilagyan ko na ng adhesive binalatan pa din niya. Haha! Kaya bumiyak na yung compression grip niya sa loob. Pinapapalitan ko na sa Nissan ulit.

Also, yung lettering niya, nakadouble sided lang siya, hindi tornilyo. Yung P ng Sylphy ko muntik na mahulog sa makati. Buti nakita ko and pinilas ko na bago nahulog. =) Naaraw ng sobra ng isa sa mga bintana dun, kaya natunaw yung adhesive. hehe!
    Sir, magkano inabot ng rear view mirror? ganyan din nangyari sakin gusto ko na nga idikit ng mighty bond hehe

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jhei_29 View Post
    Sir, magkano inabot ng rear view mirror? ganyan din nangyari sakin gusto ko na nga idikit ng mighty bond hehe
    Ngayon ko lang nakita ito. Sorry for the late reply.

Based on the service bill, it cost 3,371php for Mirror Assembly (including instalation). They replaced not only the whole rear view mirror, but also the receiving clamp on the windshield (per my recollection). I couldn't find a separate item for labor though and it was included in the service labor of 650php which included other items and not just the rear view mirror install.

I don't advice MightyBond kasi sa akin pumutok yung base ng rear view mirror na nakakapit sa clamp. Hehe! I tried double sided and even yung kalaban ni Mightybond. hehe!

Better to just have it replaced kasi hindi permanent fix talaga any adhesive, except siguru epoxy na. Basically hindi lang yung rear view mirror may bungi para mag clip on sa metal clamp, I think yung clamp din, may bungi yung akin kaya may wiggle motion talaga pag nalubak kahit onti.

-----------------

And just to report, the A/C Issue I reported earlier when I had my PMS and Service done at Nissan last June recurred this week. Problem is, I don't know what's causing it and I can remedy it with a complete restart of the car (shut off the car completely and turn it back on).

Just to remind, the issue for the aircon is the mode where it is blowing air out to the face (or the dash vents) is completely closed, even if I cycle through all the modes available. The vents at the bottom and windshield still work fine when I cycle through them and they blow out the cold air, along with the rear passenger vents. But the main vents at the dash just wont open up.

The only way I've found to get them to kick up whatever is not moving to open up is the complete restart of the car.

I had this issue back in June 2018 and had A/C checked and cleaned already and replaced the filters. Issue didn't reappear until this week and it happened twice but it hasn't reoccurred again.

I gave Nissan a call and since they are unsure what's causing it, they will check with other dealers if they've encountered something similar.

To note, the only other issue I've found is that after my last service in June (lasted 4 days before I could get it), my batteries 'died' on me. I had Motolite check it as it was under warranty and they found out that the batteries plates 'stuck together' because it has been idle too long. I've had them recharge the batteries and it has been running, for the most part.

The only noticeable thing I could catch with the recharge is that the starting (redondo) isn't as quick compared to before. But it still starts so I'm not sure if I should replace it or not (as it is easy to get a replacement battery from Motolite delivery if and when I need it). So I've also told Nissan about the battery and asked if I should just change it completely.

The only reason I suspect it to be electrical related is that the remedy has been only a restart of the car to resolve that aircon issue.

I am curious if there has been another owner (Sylphy, Xtrail or Altima/Teana) that has gotten the same issue with their A/C Units. I think it is the same AC model for these vehicles, right?

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Well, just to update, the Sylphy is now with Nissan for Diagnosis but the problem might be bigger than I initially thought it was.

Sunday, parked in open parking. When i started the car to head home in the afternoon, there was no cold air coming out of the vents. The only way I could force cold air to push out is to turn off then switch on the AC Compressor only, not the whole climate control system. Cold air will start to blow out but if I adjusted the fan speed even one step down or up, compressor shuts off again.

I already suspected my compressor could be dying or faulty so was planning to schedule it with Nissan within this week. Assumed nothing major since the A/C was running with cold air again when it was already cooler ambient air.

But that night, as I was parking (about to get in), the whole car shudders then dies (complete shut off of engine). All my electrical systems were working but the engine just dies. No check engine, temps are "normal" per the gauge. No warning lights at all in the whole dash. I also had installed a new battery, barely a week old as my old one was conking out already and had battery fluid leaking out of it.

I tried to start the car and it did run, and immediately died after 1 second. I tried again, this time unplugging any electrical devices and/or switching them off as well as making sure the A/C, lights and radio is off. It started again, but shut off again after 1 second. Still no check engine light. Last attempt, I started then pressed the gas pedal. No engine response, dead again after 1 second.

So, suspecting it had something to do with the compressor overheating (just the compressor and maybe the heat affecting a computer box somewhere that was going into overheat protection) I was helped to push the car 5 meters into the parking slot where I was slotting in, open the hood and let it cool down completely for 1 hour.

It managed to run again but I made sure to only turn the aircon fan on, the compressor (AC Button) remained switched off.

Today I brought it to Nissan and while in line to be checklisted, I ran the compressor again at 20degrees cooling to try and stress it faster. After 20 minutes, the idling was suddenly becoming erratic, and temp guage was still normal. No check engine.

Finally, my spot to be checklisted, I lurched forward in place. The guy doing the checklist arrived and as he started ticking off his piece of paper, the engine died. I was only able to repeat the engine stall with AC Compressor On. And I showed them that after the first shut off, even switching off A/C, the engine keeps dying after 1 second thereafter.

It is in Nissan North Edsa for checking what could be wrong with it. Hopefully it is just a compressor that needs replacement and if it is/was heating up a nearby comp box, it was quick enough to shut off quickly and save itself from any damage... Hopefully. That is my belief as I was able to drive home yesterday more than 50kms with no AC compressor on and no issue with engine performance or any shuddering of the sort (idling or in motion).

Just a quick update on the car. 21,500+ kms. Serviced 20k kms just June 2018, also reporting an aircon issue, but only with regards to mode switching and moldy smell that required cleaning.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Excellent technical reporting. Engineer ka bro?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Well, just to update, the Sylphy is now with Nissan for Diagnosis but the problem might be bigger than I initially thought it was.

Sunday, parked in open parking. When i started the car to head home in the afternoon, there was no cold air coming out of the vents. The only way I could force cold air to push out is to turn off then switch on the AC Compressor only, not the whole climate control system. Cold air will start to blow out but if I adjusted the fan speed even one step down or up, compressor shuts off again.

I already suspected my compressor could be dying or faulty so was planning to schedule it with Nissan within this week. Assumed nothing major since the A/C was running with cold air again when it was already cooler ambient air.

But that night, as I was parking (about to get in), the whole car shudders then dies (complete shut off of engine). All my electrical systems were working but the engine just dies. No check engine, temps are "normal" per the gauge. No warning lights at all in the whole dash. I also had installed a new battery, barely a week old as my old one was conking out already and had battery fluid leaking out of it.

I tried to start the car and it did run, and immediately died after 1 second. I tried again, this time unplugging any electrical devices and/or switching them off as well as making sure the A/C, lights and radio is off. It started again, but shut off again after 1 second. Still no check engine light. Last attempt, I started then pressed the gas pedal. No engine response, dead again after 1 second.

So, suspecting it had something to do with the compressor overheating (just the compressor and maybe the heat affecting a computer box somewhere that was going into overheat protection) I was helped to push the car 5 meters into the parking slot where I was slotting in, open the hood and let it cool down completely for 1 hour.

It managed to run again but I made sure to only turn the aircon fan on, the compressor (AC Button) remained switched off.

Today I brought it to Nissan and while in line to be checklisted, I ran the compressor again at 20degrees cooling to try and stress it faster. After 20 minutes, the idling was suddenly becoming erratic, and temp guage was still normal. No check engine.

Finally, my spot to be checklisted, I lurched forward in place. The guy doing the checklist arrived and as he started ticking off his piece of paper, the engine died. I was only able to repeat the engine stall with AC Compressor On. And I showed them that after the first shut off, even switching off A/C, the engine keeps dying after 1 second thereafter.

It is in Nissan North Edsa for checking what could be wrong with it. Hopefully it is just a compressor that needs replacement and if it is/was heating up a nearby comp box, it was quick enough to shut off quickly and save itself from any damage... Hopefully. That is my belief as I was able to drive home yesterday more than 50kms with no AC compressor on and no issue with engine performance or any shuddering of the sort (idling or in motion).

Just a quick update on the car. 21,500+ kms. Serviced 20k kms just June 2018, also reporting an aircon issue, but only with regards to mode switching and moldy smell that required cleaning.
    Great trouble shooting on your part although your car issue is a peculiar one. Reminds me of the time my Everest acted up, it was not shifting and compressor not engaging. As strange as it was all the fuses for the TCM and compressor were okay and a scan revealed no error. Since i just installed new lines for an in active break light i checked that one and found out it was busted. After quickly replacing it everything was back to normal. It left me and the tech scratching our heads as obviously the break light has nothing to do with the A/C and the transmission module, but there it was.

Sometimes the electronics are more interrelated than we initially think.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017D using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by aNthraxx View Post
    Great trouble shooting on your part although your car issue is a peculiar one. Reminds me of the time my Everest acted up, it was not shifting and compressor not engaging. As strange as it was all the fuses for the TCM and compressor were okay and a scan revealed no error. Since i just installed new lines for an in active break light i checked that one and found out it was busted. After quickly replacing it everything was back to normal. It left me and the tech scratching our heads as obviously the break light has nothing to do with the A/C and the transmission module, but there it was.

Sometimes the electronics are more interrelated than we initially think.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017D using Tapatalk
    Regarding this part, for aftermarket parts, I did not change anything on the car's electrical system outside Nissan N.E. When bought, the only additional accessory I ever ordered for it was the back up sensor. Everything else remained stock. Work was done from the very beginning before I received the car.

My Dashcam DVR with Rear camera connection is only plugged into my cigarette lighter port. Radio is stock as well as lights and horn, even keyless entry. hehe!

-----------

Re what I do, I'm not an engineer but I am in the field of construction and design. =)

No regrets with the Sylphy even after this event. I can just toss it up to a bad compressor unit for now. Overall, it has served me well for the kms I've driven it. I don't think the car is in dire straights. Still hope to own and drive it for at least 10 years.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy