New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Done with 15k PMS earlier (P 1,9xx). 5W40 pala ang oil na nilalagay nila. elf full syn
    Last edited by Horsepower; May 20th, 2015 at 09:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Kala ko every 10k yung change oil ng Sylphy?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yep, yung in-betweens, top up lang. mga half a liter I think. Apparently, it's because of the new oil filter every 10K.

>>

Had my Cabin microfilter checked because I noticed slight decrease in wind force from the AC. After 15K, grabe almost uling na yung hitsura. Guys, have yours checked. If you are superthin (unlike me), you can reach it from behind the glove box. When I was told 2K yun to replace, sabi ko pakilinis na lang muna. hahaa. Now it's back to normal.

Sa Nissan North EDSA, the nice tech who did it was Mr Boy. Look for him and he knows where to find it. He had to browse the service manual a few times because he initially can't find it.

May service manual din kasi ako nito. hehe.

>>>

QUestion;

I noticed my battery, yung last cap sa may Negative terminal, may white powdery-gooey residue. What on earth is that? is that an indication of defect? I alerted them on this sabi ko kasi I need assurance that the GS battery is working fine kasi Automatic ito and I don't want the hassle of getting stalled.

Gusto ko sana bumili na lang ng MF kaso may procedure pa when you install new batt which needs Nissan's Consult II computer to set things up esp the Idle. di pala de-turnilyo ito. haha.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    White stuff is oxidation. There is a battery terminal cleaner(or steel brush) for that..and a sealant also to avoid oxidation.

If there is a clear fluid on your battery...thats an acid leak. Warranty replacement. Hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    They cleaned it. Was requested to report it if in case it happens again.

\\

Has anyone of you changed your horns? I know our stock horns are loud but my neighbor also bought a Sylphy after he hitched a ride in mine. LOL. As I horn so the gates would be opened, I need a distinct sound so alam agad na ako na yung dumating.
    Last edited by Horsepower; May 27th, 2015 at 12:43 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1432726476.707442.jpg

Pure hiway drive along slex just this morning at 70kph to 80 kph. 2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by karag-karag View Post
    Kala ko every 10k yung change oil ng Sylphy?
    My 5k pms should be just to top up the engine oil and replace the filter but i opt to change all the oil also the filter. Filled it with 5w/30 synthetic oil.

I don't want to just top up my oil. I always change my oil at 5k or 4months whichever comes first wether mineral or synthetic.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    They cleaned it. Was requested to report it if in case it happens again.

\\

Has anyone of you changed your horns? I know our stock horns are loud but my neighbor also bought a Sylphy after he hitched a ride in mine. LOL. As I horn so the gates would be opened, I need a distinct sound so alam agad na ako na yung dumating.
    If ever you change your Horn and looking for a buyer of your original Horn, I am Very very much interested......

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Gusto ko sana bumili na lang ng MF kaso may procedure pa when you install new batt which needs Nissan's Consult II computer to set things up esp the Idle. di pala de-turnilyo ito. haha.
    Really? Oh my.... I was planning on replacing it myself, maybe sometime next year. I thought it is easy as plug and play as with our previous cars. So in order to replace the battery, I need to bring the car with the battery to Nissan?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Really? Oh my.... I was planning on replacing it myself, maybe sometime next year. I thought it is easy as plug and play as with our previous cars. So in order to replace the battery, I need to bring the car with the battery to Nissan?

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post

Hmm... Isn't this more to do with CVT programming if the battery or power is lost? If that is the case then all you need to do is replace the battery while the car is running (as long the battery is not completely dead) and replace it before it dies.

If it does die before you manage to replace it, then we need to bring it back to casa for CVT reset most likely.

Same situation with Honda City i-Dsi CVT so I am expecting the same to happen here.

My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post

Hmm... Isn't this more to do with CVT programming if the battery or power is lost? If that is the case then all you need to do is replace the battery while the car is running (as long the battery is not completely dead) and replace it before it dies.

If it does die before you manage to replace it, then we need to bring it back to casa for CVT reset most likely.

Same situation with Honda City i-Dsi CVT so I am expecting the same to happen here.

My two cents.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy