New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    At least my wife just shouts at me. Yung isang ex ko nun, hinahawakan ako kaya ilang beses na muntik kami maaksidente dahil sa kalokohan nya. Good thing I didn't end up with her. LOL.
    hehehehe... Nice one! :victory:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At least my wife just shouts at me. Yung isang ex ko nun, hinahawakan ako kaya ilang beses na muntik kami maaksidente dahil sa kalokohan nya. Good thing I didn't end up with her. LOL.
    hehehehe... Nice one! :victory:

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    ^^ Wow! Thanks for the very comprehensive breakdown of each car bro 17sphynx17!

It seems that you're really enjoying the Slyphy. Do you know the FC for the 1.8 TOTL? I'm leaning towards that.

I'll be using it when going to work on weekdays (Muntinlupa-Makati route) and usually go to the malls on weekends. 4x a year out-of-town trips.

Also, I have an 8 month old baby so I usually carry a stroller whenever we go out with my wife.

Looking at the brochure it's priced at P998,000. Where you able to get a discount?

Thanks so much!

^^ Wow! Thanks for the very comprehensive breakdown of each car bro 17sphynx17!

It seems that you're really enjoying the Slyphy. Do you know the FC for the 1.8 TOTL? I'm leaning towards that.

I'll be using it when going to work on weekdays (Muntinlupa-Makati route) and usually go to the malls on weekends. 4x a year out-of-town trips.

Also, I have an 8 month old baby so I usually carry a stroller whenever we go out with my wife.

Looking at the brochure it's priced at P998,000. Where you able to get a discount?

Thanks so much!
    My 1.8 does 8 km/liter on normal city driving. The worst I got is 6 km/liter and that is rush hour traffic via EDSA. When we had a trip to Pangasinan last December, I clocked in 15 km/liter via NLEX, SCTEX and TPLEX and around 30 km of city roads going to Dagupan. Also, you could cruise the 100 kph at below 2,000 rpm. I think that was at 1,600 or 1,800 rpm if I could recall it correctly.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Does the 1.6 and 1.8 cvt have a +/- option?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    no, it only has sport mode and Low range.

But the powerpunch of this Xtronic CVT is the Auxiliary gear which further increases its Final gear ratio to 7+. That's why it can do 80kmh at 1250, for starters. That's why sa long drives, it can do 25km/L (at least in my 1.8V).

The aux gear is like a sub-transmission within the transmission. It engages between 40-80kmh depending on your pedal actuation.

Last edited by Horsepower; April 23rd, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015

But the powerpunch of this Xtronic CVT is the Auxiliary gear which further increases its Final gear ratio to 7+. That's why it can do 80kmh at 1250, for starters. That's why sa long drives, it can do 25km/L (at least in my 1.8V).

The aux gear is like a sub-transmission within the transmission. It engages between 40-80kmh depending on your pedal actuation.

Bale button lang po pala sir. D mo pala macontrol yun gears if you want to downshift. Depende na sa comp box sensor kung hold nya yun gears and when to let go po? Tama po ba? Tia!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004

I think this was the most impressive thing for me when I had it (did a "long term" for Top Gear... ONE MONTH with that wonderful car!)... the ability to cruise in the mid-20's in such a big gasoline car, when some subcompacts struggle to even get close to 20 km/l!

I think this was the most impressive thing for me when I had it (did a "long term" for Top Gear... ONE MONTH with that wonderful car!)... the ability to cruise in the mid-20's in such a big gasoline car, when some subcompacts struggle to even get close to 20 km/l!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just got the car back.

The bootlid/trunk actually closes better now/more easily than it did when I got it new way back. So that was fun.

I had them check the transmission as well with regards to my concern of the transmission engaging engine brake whenever it coasts at speeds <25kmph. I tried testing it out a while ago and it seems to have gone away as well. They might have updated or reset the transmission.

The only remaining concern I have yet to check is when I am on an elevated road/flyover and I am just crawling in traffic with the opposing direction going smoothly. The suspension was translating the bounce of the road into the interior everytime a truck went by so I would like to see whether than has been fixed.

That's all for my update.

Right now haven't done the FC check yet but the fuel from shell has been in my tank for 3 weeks already so I will update when I top up next week whether there is any change in the accuracy or if it is still the same when I used SeaOil.

Cheers!

Just got the car back.

The bootlid/trunk actually closes better now/more easily than it did when I got it new way back. So that was fun.

I had them check the transmission as well with regards to my concern of the transmission engaging engine brake whenever it coasts at speeds <25kmph. I tried testing it out a while ago and it seems to have gone away as well. They might have updated or reset the transmission.

The only remaining concern I have yet to check is when I am on an elevated road/flyover and I am just crawling in traffic with the opposing direction going smoothly. The suspension was translating the bounce of the road into the interior everytime a truck went by so I would like to see whether than has been fixed.

That's all for my update.

Right now haven't done the FC check yet but the fuel from shell has been in my tank for 3 weeks already so I will update when I top up next week whether there is any change in the accuracy or if it is still the same when I used SeaOil.

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    i thought this is normal?

Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    i thought this is normal?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Cheers![/QUOTE]

ah! the "traffic quakes".. nothing much can be done about it.. it's the entire road that is moving, not a bump..

the suspension and aerodynamics of the car can do only so much.. the rest, we just have to grin and bear it.
    or get a bigger, heavier car..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 25th, 2015 at 02:32 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

Cheers!
    ah! the "traffic quakes".. nothing much can be done about it.. it's the entire road that is moving, not a bump..

the suspension and aerodynamics of the car can do only so much.. the rest, we just have to grin and bear it.
    or get a bigger, heavier car..[/QUOTE]bro IIRC sa grandia ganun din

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

Cheers!

or get a bigger, heavier car..[/QUOTE]bro IIRC sa grandia ganun din

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy