New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Recently went to baguio and my manual gas consumption was 13.8kms/ltr. To and fro. With all the traffic in sctex,tplex,manaoag and baguio city. Logged 650kms all in. 2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy

Trunk was 80% full with 2 adults and 2 teens

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Btw sir when i overtake. I really step on the gas. My computation is for my normal driving. I did not take extra measures just to save on fuel sir.

My average speed is 22 though i'm not very particular with the average speed sir.
    22 kph average is light to moderate city driving. 9.8 km/L is pretty good under these conditions - although not outstanding since an Altis can have the same economy in those conditions as well.

I agree with your sentiments that the Sylphy is an underrated car. But with a silly name in the age of selfies, most people won't even take a second glance at it.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    22 kph average is light to moderate city driving. 9.8 km/L is pretty good under these conditions - although not outstanding since an Altis can have the same economy in those conditions as well.

I agree with your sentiments that the Sylphy is an underrated car. But with a silly name in the age of selfies, most people won't even take a second glance at it.

I agree sir that the slyphy name here tends to be silly nga. They should have retained the name of sentra which by the way they launched this B17 in the US. But it is what it is here sir. Maybe that's why nissans are underrated till now.

Have friends who have altis and they say they only get 7 to 8 to a liter in city drive. They are the altis from 02 to 2010 models.???

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    I agree sir that the slyphy name here tends to be silly nga. They should have retained the name of sentra which by the way they launched this B17 in the US. But it is what it is here sir. Maybe that's why nissans are underrated till now.

Have friends who have altis and they say they only get 7 to 8 to a liter in city drive. They are the altis from 02 to 2010 models.???
    perhaps "sylphy" has a more positive connotation than what appears to be obviously less appealing..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Forgot to mention when we went to baguio just this weekend. My friend was so happy with the performance of my sylphy that he just 2day talked to my SA and is considering to purchase one also.2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Went to the airport this morning, around quarter to five. Arrived at T3 around ten minutes past five. Got home around thirty past seven (Balintawak NLEX area).

Distance travelled: 60kms+
    Average speed: 25km/h
    Ave consumption: 14.8km/L (car's computer).
    Traffic situation: sparse congestion, mostly free flowing traffic.

In reality, I was breezing at 80-120kmh at EDSA in moving traffic. Could've gone much much faster (if not for the human speed limiter in my passenger seat. It is possible to get to Makati, from Balintawak via EDSA in around ten to fifteen minutes.

Went to the airport this morning, around quarter to five. Arrived at T3 around ten minutes past five. Got home around thirty past seven (Balintawak NLEX area).

In reality, I was breezing at 80-120kmh at EDSA in moving traffic. Could've gone much much faster (if not for the human speed limiter in my passenger seat. It is possible to get to Makati, from Balintawak via EDSA in around ten to fifteen minutes.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    ...Could've gone much much faster (if not for the human speed limiter in my passenger seat)....
    Hahahah natawa ko dito. Atleast safe ka brod. By the way, nice FC figures.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ^ great FC though!!!
    OT, buti madaling araw ang dating ng sinundo mo pero kapag medyo minalas at nachempuhan mo, trapik like in hell sa may bandang rotunda (near T3 ). di pa to rush hour ah kundi office hour pa lang. hehe

^ great FC though!!!
    OT, buti madaling araw ang dating ng sinundo mo pero kapag medyo minalas at nachempuhan mo, trapik like in hell sa may bandang rotunda (near T3 ). di pa to rush hour ah kundi office hour pa lang. hehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

Would be great sir if you can get actual figures sa fuel consumption. If it yields +/- 20% of the computer's calculation, panalo na yan

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Hahahah natawa ko dito. Atleast safe ka brod. By the way, nice FC figures.
    At least my wife just shouts at me. Yung isang ex ko nun, hinahawakan ako kaya ilang beses na muntik kami maaksidente dahil sa kalokohan nya. Good thing I didn't end up with her. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    ^ great FC though!!!
    I was there yesterday, mga 1pm, looking for this street named "Tramo". Yun pala yung iniisip kong Nichols. Di naman standstill traffic. It was congested pero fast moving. Tumitigil lang dahil sa mga jeep. The hellish traffic I think was nung December. Grabe talaga nun. Halos isumpa mo na lahat ng mga nagc-cause ng traffic sa inis.

Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    Would be great sir if you can get actual figures sa fuel consumption. If it yields +/- 20% of the computer's calculation, panalo na yan
    Si Sir 17Sphinx17 masipag mag compute, IIRC, the computer is 96 or 97% accurate vis-a-vis manual computation.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy