New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    H2H, in terms of features, is this more bang-for-the-buck compared to Mazda 3 1.5L & Toyota Altis 1.6V?
    I was in the same dilemma you were in before where I narrowed down to these 3 vehicles.

Comfort - I put the Sylphy at number 1, followed by the Altis and Mazda 3 at the last place
    Space (passenger & cargo) - I also put the Sylphy at number 1, followed by the Altis and the Mazda 3 actually lags behind even a subcompact like the Honda City if you are considering it for family hauling where you haul passenger who are 5'6" or taller (basically adults).
    Styling (Exterior and interior) - I put the Mazda 3 at number 1, followed by the Sylphy with the Altis at last place. Both the Mazda 3 interior and Altis look more "modern" than the Sylphy but both the Sylphy and Mazda 3 have more soft touch plastics upfront so the Sylphy and Mazda 3 feel way better overall rather than just look better.
    Tech/Gadgets - It's hard to beat the Mazda 3 and it is at number 1. Followed by a tie between the Altis and Sylphy for me.
    Price - The Sylphy has the most accessible price especially looking at the manual. I honestly believe the Sylphy has more going for it than the Altis which is just par for the course and what you get is simply average for me. The Mazda though has more going for it in terms of what you get as standard, it just comes at a price but comes with Yojin3. But some owners over at Mazda 3 forums seem to be confused as to what is included and why there seems to be additional items being charged for one reason or another. So due diligence is required here.
    Fuel Efficiency - In terms of highway, the Sylphy 1.6 is the most fuel efficient of the bunch. I've honestly clocked about 17km/l but it was not completely just highway (only 85% of the trip) So I know it can honestly do better and I was driving near the speed limit but not revving it beyond 2000rpm. Followed by the Mazda 3 on the highway and then the Altis. For city driving though, I believe the Mazda 3 is the best followed by the Altis and Sylphy which ties for me.

Overall, you know my choice =) It actually fits me perfectly in terms of needs and wants so it was the best bang for buck purchase for me. As I responded for the Sylphy with those who've asked me personally why I chose it. The answer mainly boils down to the number 1 priority I had which was comfort and space. It is a "luxury" i can't change in a car once it's purchased and I can never modify via aftermarket.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    ^^ Wow! Thanks for the very comprehensive breakdown of each car bro 17sphynx17!

It seems that you're really enjoying the Slyphy. Do you know the FC for the 1.8 TOTL? I'm leaning towards that.

I'll be using it when going to work on weekdays (Muntinlupa-Makati route) and usually go to the malls on weekends. 4x a year out-of-town trips.

Also, I have an 8 month old baby so I usually carry a stroller whenever we go out with my wife.

Looking at the brochure it's priced at P998,000. Where you able to get a discount?

Thanks so much!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It seems that you're really enjoying the Slyphy. Do you know the FC for the 1.8 TOTL? I'm leaning towards that.

I'll be using it when going to work on weekdays (Muntinlupa-Makati route) and usually go to the malls on weekends. 4x a year out-of-town trips.

Also, I have an 8 month old baby so I usually carry a stroller whenever we go out with my wife.

Looking at the brochure it's priced at P998,000. Where you able to get a discount?

Thanks so much!

3. Join Date
    May 2014

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!
    Oh, I bought a 1.6CVT not a 1.8 though. The others (most) actually bought the 1.8. I am one of the very few that bought the 1.6 so I can't really tell you. From what I recall with their inputs here, the highway for the 1.8CVT is around 14-15km/l but they would be the better persons to give you feedback.

As for discounts, I am 100% sure you will get discounts for the Sylphy regardless of what trim. For my unit, SRP was 915000php. The actual price was 902,000php. I got 13k php discount but no real freebies except an umbrella which I am okay with because I prefer the discount that the freebies =)

Oh, I recommend you try sitting inside the three you are comparing. Whether you find the lumbar and thigh support too low/short.

In terms of the seat for the driver, the Altis provided the least support, the Mazda had the most support but the Nissan was the middle ground being the more comfortable but providing adequate support for legal speeds. hehe! I have't driven it like I stole it so I can't really tell you how the behavior may change at more extreme conditions. =)

I hope that helps you in narrowing down your choices but I believe they are all worthwhile choices. And with regards to cargo, you will love the trunk cargo area of the Sylphy as it is huge compared to the others in its class. I just wish they didn't take out the 60/40 folding rear seats to interconnect the trunk for longer cargo stowage. But hey, I can live with it. you could have a pipe punch through as the middle armrest of the rear bench has a "punchthrough" space to allow for some items to get through

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Oh, I bought a 1.6CVT not a 1.8 though. The others (most) actually bought the 1.8. I am one of the very few that bought the 1.6 so I can't really tell you. From what I recall with their inputs here, the highway for the 1.8CVT is around 14-15km/l but they would be the better persons to give you feedback.

As for discounts, I am 100% sure you will get discounts for the Sylphy regardless of what trim. For my unit, SRP was 915000php. The actual price was 902,000php. I got 13k php discount but no real freebies except an umbrella which I am okay with because I prefer the discount that the freebies =)

Oh, I recommend you try sitting inside the three you are comparing. Whether you find the lumbar and thigh support too low/short.

In terms of the seat for the driver, the Altis provided the least support, the Mazda had the most support but the Nissan was the middle ground being the more comfortable but providing adequate support for legal speeds. hehe! I have't driven it like I stole it so I can't really tell you how the behavior may change at more extreme conditions. =)

I hope that helps you in narrowing down your choices but I believe they are all worthwhile choices. And with regards to cargo, you will love the trunk cargo area of the Sylphy as it is huge compared to the others in its class. I just wish they didn't take out the 60/40 folding rear seats to interconnect the trunk for longer cargo stowage. But hey, I can live with it. you could have a pipe punch through as the middle armrest of the rear bench has a "punchthrough" space to allow for some items to get through
    Thanks! It's good to know we can still get discounts on this.

Btw, how often are you required to undergo PMS? How much do you usually spend for it. If there's another thing going in favor of M3 aside from it's gorgeous looks is the 3 year free pms (Yojin) which would save you the trouble of shelling out additional cash (though I've read of stories where the casa charges additional fees).

Also, I have yet to see or riden a Slyphy as Nissan Alabang doesn't have a unit in their showroom.

Btw, how often are you required to undergo PMS? How much do you usually spend for it. If there's another thing going in favor of M3 aside from it's gorgeous looks is the 3 year free pms (Yojin) which would save you the trouble of shelling out additional cash (though I've read of stories where the casa charges additional fees).

Also, I have yet to see or riden a Slyphy as Nissan Alabang doesn't have a unit in their showroom.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015

I have a m/t 1.6 nissan slyphy. My 1k pms cost was 2,300+ using synthetic oil. About to do the 5k pms. Very happy with my purchase it rides great. The worst gas consumption i got is 9.8kms /liter city super heavy traffic a/c on. Hiway is 16.4kms/ltr. Mixed is at 14.6kms/ltr. And we purchased the car only for 770k. I think The M3 sells much higher coz you are already paying the pms ahead of time. When you study it. The dealer wins.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when the pms is locked in, the dealer always wins.
    but your km/li figures are very nice..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 13th, 2015 at 11:10 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when the pms is locked in, the dealer always wins.
    but your km/li figures are very nice..
    Thank you sir dr.d hope many more people will come to realize that the nissan brand is a very good brand,also that it can hold it's own against more popular brands like toyota or hondas. Price of parts are at par with other brands and some are cheaper. Lots of surplus parts available also. If you want a practical no nonsense car. This brand will be on the top of my list. 2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    I have a m/t 1.6 nissan slyphy. My 1k pms cost was 2,300+ using synthetic oil. About to do the 5k pms. Very happy with my purchase it rides great. The worst gas consumption i got is 9.8kms /liter city super heavy traffic a/c on. Hiway is 16.4kms/ltr. Mixed is at 14.6kms/ltr. And we purchased the car only for 770k. I think The M3 sells much higher coz you are already paying the pms ahead of time. When you study it. The dealer wins.
    That's nice. Wow! You get 9.8km/ltr with the 1.6MT. Can I ask if there is an average speed readout for the MT? Reason I ask is that on the 1.6CVT, average speed of 13-15kmph. I'm only averaging around 8km/l (actual FC when I used Seaoil Extreme 97) Fuel though lasted in my tank about 3-4weeks before topping up again.

Btw, what fuel do you use? And is it 91RON or premium unleaded (95RON or higher)?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    That's nice. Wow! You get 9.8km/ltr with the 1.6MT. Can I ask if there is an average speed readout for the MT? Reason I ask is that on the 1.6CVT, average speed of 13-15kmph. I'm only averaging around 8km/l (actual FC when I used Seaoil Extreme 97) Fuel though lasted in my tank about 3-4weeks before topping up again.

Btw, what fuel do you use? And is it 91RON or premium unleaded (95RON or higher)?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015

I use petron 95octane mostly. But also tried phoenix 98 once and shell nitro 95 didn't feel any diff.sir on hiways i just try to maintain 2,500 to 2,750 Rpm range. That's 80 to 100kph a/c always on. Comp.meter says 17.8 to 18/ltr. But i used manual system full tank to full tank.my computation is 16.4kms/ltr.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Btw sir when i overtake. I really step on the gas. My computation is for my normal driving. I did not take extra measures just to save on fuel sir.

My average speed is 22 though i'm not very particular with the average speed sir.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy