New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Bose na rin ba speakers ng Sylphy like the Altima?
    6 Bose speakers ang Sylphy 1.8, pero yung 1.6 hindi.

Napaisip din ako in considering the 1.8 because of the added leather seats and speaker plus head unit.. pero sabi ko sa sarili ko, hindi naman siguru tunug lata itong stock speakers. hehe! =)

Pero I do believe the added goodies with the 1.8 are way justified in the added price to it, plus the bigger engine. It's definitely a good deal =)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    6 Bose speakers ang Sylphy 1.8, pero yung 1.6 hindi.

Napaisip din ako in considering the 1.8 because of the added leather seats and speaker plus head unit.. pero sabi ko sa sarili ko, hindi naman siguru tunug lata itong stock speakers. hehe! =)

Pero I do believe the added goodies with the 1.8 are way justified in the added price to it, plus the bigger engine. It's definitely a good deal =)
    Wow Bose speakers talaga? The sales agent didn't tell me when I visited Nissan Alabang. He just advised that the head unit is Sony for the 1.8. It isn't even advertised.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoots View Post
    Wow Bose speakers talaga? The sales agent didn't tell me when I visited Nissan Alabang. He just advised that the head unit is Sony for the 1.8. It isn't even advertised.

It is advertised. Although di nga lang sinabi na 1.8 only siya. hehe!

Nissan Sylphy | Nissan Philippines

Check the entertainment text, lower left of the page. It is indicated there that it is BOSE as well. =) For your information. hehe! Just below the "get inside" pic. =)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    It is advertised. Although di nga lang sinabi na 1.8 only siya. hehe!

Nissan Sylphy | Nissan Philippines

Check the entertainment text, lower left of the page. It is indicated there that it is BOSE as well. =) For your information. hehe! Just below the "get inside" pic. =)

Bose nga! Been dreaming to have a car with Bose speakers from not so long ago. Previously, Bose was available sa foreign markets like the US.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    NISSAN Products shown may vary from the actual commercial NISSAN Products released in the Philippines.

Wala akong nakitang Bose na tatak sa speaker sa actual unit hehehe

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jefskie View Post
    NISSAN Products shown may vary from the actual commercial NISSAN Products released in the Philippines.

Wala akong nakitang Bose na tatak sa speaker sa actual unit hehehe
    I would recommend for those interested in the 1.8 to check it out personally in the showroom.

If my memory serves me right, the 1.8 unit had Bose tags in the front passenger door speaker. =) The 1.6 clearly does not, pero hindi naman tunug lata. hehe!

Just got our unit this morning.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Congratulations!!

As far as the Bose speaker is concern, unfortunately, Its NOT. That was one of the reason why i bought the 1.8 but after asking the SA about the speakers if it is Bose, she said that it is only the Altima and not with sylphy models here in the Philippines. Anyway, it still sound great even without the Bose.
    Last edited by SELEGNA_35; June 28th, 2014 at 10:13 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    yup hindi nga, ^___^ lalabas na yung saken this coming july 5 birthday gift ni erpats hehehe 1.8 variant white

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Oh. Maybe my memory is confused because also checked out the Altima at the same time =)

anyway, I am happy with the non-Bose speakers but I am not an enthusiast so your mileage may vary =)

Found quick quirks after just driving around 4kms to fuel up.

I checked the manual and it recommends 95 RON fuel (be it 1.6 or 1.8), but it will run at 91 RON (manual also mentions it). I've already topped up with 91 RON and it is running fine and does not feel like it's held back. But I will try using Seaoil Xtreme next time (97 RON) to see how that helps/changes anything. Using 91 RON as per the manual will just mean a performance penalty but will not "ruin" the engine.

Whenever I turn off the engine, I heard 6 beeps afterwards. I am just guessing it is connected to the immobilizer switching on but I don't know why it needs to be audible?

When turning on the engine/car, I immediately hear 2 to 3 clicks. Don't know why but maybe I just need to get used to it.

Perhaps it is a transmission quirk but I tried coasting the vehicle in drive and sometimes I feel the engine really braking and slowing me down. Perhaps I was still in the "2nd gear" because it is not always happening. This happened even with the road level/flat. Tried it at speeds of 20-40kph and tried just releasing the gas pedal to coast the vehicle. Again, something I am trying to figure it out.

Initially wondered why the ride was transmitting all road imperfections into the cabin, had the tire pressure checked to match the required 33 front, 30 rear. They released the unit with 41 front 38 rear. Ride did improve quite a bit.

So far, just initial driving impressions. =)

Oh, and after setting my seat in the driver's position which I am happy with (I'm 6ft tall), I sat in the back and I am just still blown away, I still have 2 fists worth of distance between my knee and the back of the driver's seat =)

EDIT: I don't drive on the track so I am still wondering why I hear some reviews talking negatively about the steering feel. I find it to be better than the Altis (not as loose/light), but of course it doesn't trasmit like the steering of the Mazda 3. For driving on city or highway (without actually racing it), it's great for me. =) I find it somewhat close to the Focus but not quite as precise. INITIAL IMPRESSION ONLY from actual driving.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nice review sphynx! I am already excited to get our 1.8 on Monday! So the fuel is 95 RON. I hope there won't be a knocking issue if it is filled up with 91RON. I will be using unioil Euro4 gasoline. What color did you get? Still in nissan north edsa?

By the way, I heard on the news that LTO will start apprehending cars with no plates starting August 1. So the no plate no travel policy will be in effect by then. They blame the dealers for not claiming almost 7,000 plates in ncr alone. Since we will be getting the random plate, I hope it will be much faster.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy