New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    btw,
    have you tried pulling out the reservoir?
    This is the last resort I would do next weekend if all else fails. I haven't found all the screw mounting points yet today.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    This is the last resort I would do next weekend if all else fails. I haven't found all the screw mounting points yet today.
    i googled for images.
    based on what i saw, isang turnilyo lang sa base, then hatak pa-taas lang siguro yang reservoir.
    gugel nyo po for instructions.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 18th, 2020 at 09:03 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    i googled for images.
    based on what i saw, isang turnilyo lang sa base, then hatak pa-taas lang siguro yang reservoir.
    yes. Thanks doc for the advice.

Not a major concern at the moment but will definitely check for more info once I'm able to order the Nissan Blue Coolant and it gets here para sabay sabay na. Needed to get my rant off my chest lang talaga kanina. Medyo maluwag na hinga ko. hehe!

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    i googled for images.
    To update doc, the only way to check is to lift it up from the engine bay nga talaga. Hindi madadaan sa silip with flashlight.

Did it this morning.

Remove the top bolt of the reservoir that's located near the radiator cap. Unlatch the hose from the reservoir (6 latch points I recall yung bilang ko), only then can you raise up the reservoir to see the coolant level inside. Checked mine na, and mga 1/3 siya between min to max. So approx, if I want to fill it to max, mga around 0.4-0.5L because per the manual mga 0.87L lang reservoir capacity ng Sylphy.

It isn't messy, just not as "easy" I was expecting when I just want to check coolant level. Hehe!

Well, that's done. Trying to order this morning sa Nissan Parts store to try the 24 hour delivery. Hopefully mga 9am live na yung site nila ulit.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    To update doc, the only way to check is to lift it up from the engine bay nga talaga. Hindi madadaan sa silip with flashlight.

Did it this morning.

Remove the top bolt of the reservoir that's located near the radiator cap. Unlatch the hose from the reservoir (6 latch points I recall yung bilang ko), only then can you raise up the reservoir to see the coolant level inside. Checked mine na, and mga 1/3 siya between min to max. So approx, if I want to fill it to max, mga around 0.4-0.5L because per the manual mga 0.87L lang reservoir capacity ng Sylphy.

It isn't messy, just not as "easy" I was expecting when I just want to check coolant level. Hehe!

Well, that's done. Trying to order this morning sa Nissan Parts store to try the 24 hour delivery. Hopefully mga 9am live na yung site nila ulit.
    lagyan nyo ng markers para mas madaling masilip?

lagyan nyo ng floating gadget, para mas madaling matancha...?

but i am confused.
    the google video looks so simple...

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    lagyan nyo ng markers para mas madaling masilip?

lagyan nyo ng floating gadget, para mas madaling matancha...?

but i am confused.
    the google video looks so simple...
    It might be for the US Sylphy? We never got the next generation of what we currently have in our market. We will be skipping that I think and go straight to the 2021 Sentra/Sylphy if ever that has similar design cues to the new Almera and Maxima (I think).

Simple naman doc pag alis, one bolt removal then alalay sa alis ng hose sa latchpoints ng reservoir.

Expectation ko lang is pwede na sana madaan yung checking coolant level via eyeball and flashlight without getting any tools kasi wala naman work muna gagawin, just check levels.

Yung part ng reservoir where the max and min level markers are located, on one side, yung "wide" side niya, andun talaga nakaharang yung fusebox sa engine bay. on the narrow side na may min and max markers siya. You can only really see the max level. below that, no visual way to check without needing to raise the reservoir up and out of the engine bay. From the max level, estimate ko mga 6-7" down pa to the Min marker, and another may 2, maybe 3 inches for the actual bottom of the reservoir (slim and narrow reservoir design nila dahil ginamit lang available space malamang near the radiator.

Worry ko lang dito is over time, if I need to check "more frequently" as the car ages, mas madalas ko need iangat at lalo ko gagalawin yung (eventually) rurupok na raditor hose connection, something that I never needed to do really with any of the other Jap car brands in the family stable. Kaya dun ako medyo naiinis.

But that's done.

EDIT:
    How To Change Coolant Nissan Sylphy 214 - YouTube

Found a video of someone changing coolant and removing the reservoir from the engine bay,. Around 2:41 mark of the video start how he raised it up.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Already talked with Nissan NE.

Nissan Philippines (Head Office) Parts Website is down and is under their control. Nissan NE doesn't know when it will be back up so I can't use it to get a 24 hour delivery guarantee on anything. Oh well.

As for Coolant, Nissan NE said it comes from the "plant" and they have none in stock for the Nissan Blue Coolant but... I can use any other coolant (from reputable brand) being sold in the market as long as it is 50% concentrate (pre-mix being ideal). So I'll just buy outside to top up as well. Plan to have a full drain and fill of coolant next year anyway when I more or less reach 40k kms anyway as it has also been 7 years by then.

For info.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Already talked with Nissan NE.

Nissan Philippines (Head Office) Parts Website is down and is under their control. Nissan NE doesn't know when it will be back up so I can't use it to get a 24 hour delivery guarantee on anything. Oh well.

As for Coolant, Nissan NE said it comes from the "plant" and they have none in stock for the Nissan Blue Coolant but... I can use any other coolant (from reputable brand) being sold in the market as long as it is 50% concentrate (pre-mix being ideal). So I'll just buy outside to top up as well. Plan to have a full drain and fill of coolant next year anyway when I more or less reach 40k kms anyway as it has also been 7 years by then.

For info.
    Any idea po if mag lalabas sila ng face lifted model? I can see na hindi masyado madami sa roads natin ang Sylphy.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportyboy27 View Post
    Any idea po if mag lalabas sila ng face lifted model? I can see na hindi masyado madami sa roads natin ang Sylphy.
    The name might be partly blamed. Should've stuck with Sentra.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    i agree. the name sucks. sounds more a like an std.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy