New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Well, just to update, the Sylphy is now with Nissan for Diagnosis but the problem might be bigger than I initially thought it was.

Sunday, parked in open parking. When i started the car to head home in the afternoon, there was no cold air coming out of the vents. The only way I could force cold air to push out is to turn off then switch on the AC Compressor only, not the whole climate control system. Cold air will start to blow out but if I adjusted the fan speed even one step down or up, compressor shuts off again.

I already suspected my compressor could be dying or faulty so was planning to schedule it with Nissan within this week. Assumed nothing major since the A/C was running with cold air again when it was already cooler ambient air.

But that night, as I was parking (about to get in), the whole car shudders then dies (complete shut off of engine). All my electrical systems were working but the engine just dies. No check engine, temps are "normal" per the gauge. No warning lights at all in the whole dash. I also had installed a new battery, barely a week old as my old one was conking out already and had battery fluid leaking out of it.

I tried to start the car and it did run, and immediately died after 1 second. I tried again, this time unplugging any electrical devices and/or switching them off as well as making sure the A/C, lights and radio is off. It started again, but shut off again after 1 second. Still no check engine light. Last attempt, I started then pressed the gas pedal. No engine response, dead again after 1 second.

So, suspecting it had something to do with the compressor overheating (just the compressor and maybe the heat affecting a computer box somewhere that was going into overheat protection) I was helped to push the car 5 meters into the parking slot where I was slotting in, open the hood and let it cool down completely for 1 hour.

It managed to run again but I made sure to only turn the aircon fan on, the compressor (AC Button) remained switched off.

Today I brought it to Nissan and while in line to be checklisted, I ran the compressor again at 20degrees cooling to try and stress it faster. After 20 minutes, the idling was suddenly becoming erratic, and temp guage was still normal. No check engine.

Finally, my spot to be checklisted, I lurched forward in place. The guy doing the checklist arrived and as he started ticking off his piece of paper, the engine died. I was only able to repeat the engine stall with AC Compressor On. And I showed them that after the first shut off, even switching off A/C, the engine keeps dying after 1 second thereafter.

It is in Nissan North Edsa for checking what could be wrong with it. Hopefully it is just a compressor that needs replacement and if it is/was heating up a nearby comp box, it was quick enough to shut off quickly and save itself from any damage... Hopefully. That is my belief as I was able to drive home yesterday more than 50kms with no AC compressor on and no issue with engine performance or any shuddering of the sort (idling or in motion).

Just a quick update on the car. 21,500+ kms. Serviced 20k kms just June 2018, also reporting an aircon issue, but only with regards to mode switching and moldy smell that required cleaning.
    my aircon is acting up now.there were times where it is not cold enough. brought it to Nissan Mantrade, where i got it, and service advi6 told me it could just be switching circulation mode. they cleaned bthe filter and found nothing wrong. freon was fine as well.

last undas while in traffic, aircon completely not cold. when traffic moved, it became a little colder but still not the same.

i suspect it's the radiator/condenser fan not working strong enough. I'm scheduled for a check in Nissan Mantrade this Saturday.

Quick question,
    1. what's the normal behaviour of the radiator fan in your car? shouldn't it be on all the time while on normal operating temperature and aircon off?

2. what's the behaviour when aircon is on? constant high or pulsing/switching from low and high?

Thank you

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by madduck View Post
    my aircon is acting up now.there were times where it is not cold enough. brought it to Nissan Mantrade, where i got it, and service advi6 told me it could just be switching circulation mode. they cleaned bthe filter and found nothing wrong. freon was fine as well.

last undas while in traffic, aircon completely not cold. when traffic moved, it became a little colder but still not the same.

i suspect it's the radiator/condenser fan not working strong enough. I'm scheduled for a check in Nissan Mantrade this Saturday.

Quick question,
    1. what's the normal behaviour of the radiator fan in your car? shouldn't it be on all the time while on normal operating temperature and aircon off?

2. what's the behaviour when aircon is on? constant high or pulsing/switching from low and high?

Thank you
    Regarding Switching Circulation Mode switch cleanup, that happened on my unit as well. It wouldn't move to recirc mode and just let outside air in. They said the "switch/sensor got dirty". This happened at a different time that the whole shut off you quoted.

It seems like your situation is also the AUX Fan acting up or not working anymore. Those were the "early symptoms" I was observing to my aircon issue not cooling the car, even in recirc mode. Odd though that Mantrade didn't catch it.

1) The radiator fan should be different from the AUX Fan which is really compact device (I was surprised) and it was a bit pricey, more than 10k if I recall correctly.
    2) I don't use auto mode of A/C and always opt for manual temp setting, fan speed and keep it in recirc mode. I rarely use dual zone as well. So there are no "bursts" when it comes to the fan speed in my case. It has been consistent for the most part.

Hope that helps.

I have been personally happy with Nissan North Edsa's Service, for the most part. I had a little issue with my last service June 2019 but not that major. I just made some emails to Nissan Philippines so I can get everything in black and white.

EDIT 1: Checked my service records/receipts. The FAN MOTOR cost me 20,948.00php, done December 2018. Part number was 21487-1kA0E. Labor was 1,250php.
    If you check EBAY, just as price guidance, https://www.ebay.com/p/1385427307?iid=264464137663 it is about 200++ usd plus 100++ usd addtl costs per this page. So not that far off from what I got from North Edsa back then.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thank 17Sphynx17. That's helpful.

Unfortunately, the problem is erratic right now and Mantrade will not make any recommendations until they can replicate the issue. The car was in Mantrade for the whole day and they said they did not encounter the issue.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by madduck View Post
    Thank 17Sphynx17. That's helpful.

Unfortunately, the problem is erratic right now and Mantrade will not make any recommendations until they can replicate the issue. The car was in Mantrade for the whole day and they said they did not encounter the issue.
    Yeah. When my problems with a/c started, it was also hard to replicate for nissan ne.

You need a dry and hot day, bilad kotse sa labas. Idle for more than 20mins and run ac at fan speed 4, 20deg celcius.

I forced replicate the issue but sa akin lumala na yung aux fan issue ko kasi.

Namamatay na kotse ko. After it starts/turnsover after mo overheat/stress yung ac, mamatay siya within 1 sec. Pindutin mo accelerator, no engine response. Mamatay agad.

So, only idea i have to replicate. Hot mid day, no airflow to front of car, todo ac.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Dahil sa ECQ at nagarahe si Sylphy discovered may AC issue na nagdevelop. The two vents on the front passenger side are not blowing out cold air, DUAL AC Mode man or Single AC Mode. The other vents, Front driver side, and rear middle ac vents, may lamig naman.

Di ko sure kung may solenoid contact lang na madumi dito kasi hindi mukhang vent blockage e.

When I switch from Single AC Mode to Dual AC Mode, may difference in fan strength coming out of the front passenger vents. So it really diverts to a different set of fans. Pag binalik ko sa Single AC Mode, lumalakas ng kaunti yung buga ulit. But still no cold air, even after a complete restart.

Di ko pa alam kelan ko madadala sa Nissan NE.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd play with the switches on and off.
    something might just have frozen in place.
    play with the switches to un-freeze them.
    good luck.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    wow. nainggit naman ako sa sylphy dual aircon pala yun. hehe and if i remember pretty sharp looking design too.

agree with the good dr. pindot pindot lang muna baka sakaling makuha pa.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'd play with the switches on and off.
    something might just have frozen in place.
    play with the switches to un-freeze them.
    good luck.
    Yep. For now, I switch Dual AC on/off while on the road to check if may magbabago. Sometimes, turn AC compressor on/off with the fan at 70% power (yung kulang na lang ng 2 bars sa todo. hehe!).

Wala pa nangyayari sa ngayon.

Tingin ko may nag "grow" na mold or "sipon" kasi sa kahit nag pabuga na ako lysol and recirc AC for 5 mins while im outside, may "amoy" pa din sa unang buga ng aircon even now. So baka yun ang pumipigil. Hula pa lang, pero di ko masabi kung yun nga.

Yung parang sipon is naiisip ko kapareho sa split type drainage na nagcause ng bara kaya paminsan hindi makalabas yung condensate kaya tumutulo sa loob ng kwarto. Pag inabutan kasi ako ng ganun, ako na mismo naglilinis ng drainage channel ng indoor split type unit para lang dumaloy yung tubig.

Sa July naman schedule ko for PMS so medyo sakto lang. hehe. Napaaga lang ng onti yung lumabas na concern.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Dahil sa COVID, medyo alangan pa ako dalhin kotse for PMS, although mileage wise and engine oil quality wise, okay pa naman. Though more than 1 year na yung fully synthetic oil, di siya magaspang or malapot or maitim/dark. Need ko lang magtop up ng mga more or less 1L since half level siya sa dipstick between min and max level.

Naisipan ko din check sana coolant. Puno naman radiator ko near the filler/radiator cap, no overheating or above normal level issue yung temp gauge. Pero, pansin ko lang ngayon, yung reservoir. Yung indicator niya kung san nakasulat ang MIN and MAX Level sa Reservoir, hindi mo makikita talaga kasi asa vertical face siya ng reservoir and may nakaharang na ibang part sa loob ng engine bay. Ang visible lang na "letters" is MAX, pero yung min di mo na talaga makita. Inilawan ko na flashlight, pinihit ulo ko kung anu anung angle para lang subukan kung makita ko yung coolant level sa loob ng reservoir, wala talaga. Di talaga makikita unless meron ka maliit na camera (ala endoscopy) na pwede itutok pababa para makita mo yung video feed, or talaga baklasin mo yung reservoir para lang makita.

Di mo din pwede sundutin ng isang rod or "Stick" papasok sa reservoir from the top kasi may horizontal fins/baffles siya, mga 3 levels based sa ocular check ko. From the cap pa lang may harang na kaagad na need mo divert/liko yung stick kung gusto mo pa tumuloy pababa sa lower level. Para daw itong "3 chambers" sa overfill ng coolant kung nasobrahan ka lagay, sa intindi ko sa manual.

In terms of DIY Maintenance, medyo kamot ulo lang siya na item bakit ganun ginawa sa indicator. Yung korte/shape ng reservoir gets ko, kasi siniksik nila na compact siya. Downside is di mo talaga makikita with any line of sight yung coolant level sa reservoir.

Kaya ngayon ko lang sinilip kasi 35k kms total mileage palang ako and wala naman talaga issue. Di naman siya nagarahe this year but minimal lang talaga mileage compared to normal. Dapat sa next PMS ko papalagay na talaga ako coolant eh alanganin pa mileage, DIY ko na lang sana yung topup. Sayang din pa PMS kung di pa talaga kelangan.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    wala ba straw yung takip ng coolant reservoir?

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy