New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok naman ang Nissan sa ibang bansa, and since bago na ang patakbo ng Nissan sa Pilipinas most likely magimprove na rin ang overall ownership ng Nissan cars satin..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    *nicotineloaded Yeah. Leather seats, xenon projector lamps, dual zone climate control. Natest drive mo na ba?

Quote Originally Posted by nicotineloaded View Post
    *djlightscene
    thank you for the feedback sir

*karag

yun nga rin ang nagpaisip sa akin, you get the top of the line for less the price against its counterparts

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Personal preference ko lang siguro.. sa accelaration sa highway ako medyo nabibitin kahit 1.8 sya.. i think its the down side of having a CVT. don't get me wrong, sa city driving ok sya since you rarely go above 60 kph.. But then if I were the one driving and I have a 1M budget sa car, I might get the Civic or Mazda 3 which are more driver focused rather than the Sylphy which is for me, passenger focused..

Quote Originally Posted by karag-karag View Post
    I'm also considering this car. Parang sulit siya for the price compared to the Toyota Corolla Altis. Anyway, curious lang ako why ayaw mo sya gamitin as a driver. Bitin ba ang power for mga overtaking?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by djlightscene View Post
    Personal preference ko lang siguro.. sa accelaration sa highway ako medyo nabibitin kahit 1.8 sya.. i think its the down side of having a CVT. don't get me wrong, sa city driving ok sya since you rarely go above 60 kph.. But then if I were the one driving and I have a 1M budget sa car, I might get the Civic or Mazda 3 which are more driver focused rather than the Sylphy which is for me, passenger focused..
    A Sylphy 1.8 does 0-100 kph in about 11.5 sec. Still faster than a Mazda 3 and probably faster than an Altis 1.6. It's not the acceleration per se that's lacking, but probably the seat-in-the-pants feel since this is a CVT that doesn't try to be sporty.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Agree. I saw some videos online showing better acceleration of the Sylphy over same segment cars. I think the CVT takes some getting used to.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by karag-karag View Post
    *nicotineloaded Yeah. Leather seats, xenon projector lamps, dual zone climate control. Natest drive mo na ba?
    di pa ako naka test drive sir. Pero being an old school preferred ko talaga manual my only issue sa sylphy medyo iba ang dashboard panels ng MT as compared to the AT.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicotineloaded View Post
    di pa ako naka test drive sir. Pero being an old school preferred ko talaga manual my only issue sa sylphy medyo iba ang dashboard panels ng MT as compared to the AT.
    Hirap kasi sa mga kotse ngayon wala ng TOTL na M/T, lahat matic na nakakalungkot.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Hirap kasi sa mga kotse ngayon wala ng TOTL na M/T, lahat matic na nakakalungkot.
    Wala naman kasi bumibili. Dami nagcocomment sa forum, pero pag bilihan time na, matic naman yung bumebenta.

Honda tried with the Civic 2.0S. Mitsubishi tried with the Lancer EX 2.0 GT. Mazda tried with the CX-5 MT. All of them too slow-moving that they had to be discontinued.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    how is the noise inside? the vibration? Has anyone tried the 1.6CVT and MT?

The wife is interested in the 1.8cvt but at 1M, I'm quite apprehensive to be just getting a sedan but the black one is really nice. Nissan din so medyo unpopular with the carjackers (less worries for me whenever she drives alone). Di rin kasi bagay sa kanya ang pick-up (she originally wanted a Ranger T6 but we're waiting for the supply to stabilize as we're not willing to pay that DI).

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Ganyan na talaga, kapag TOTL automatic lang, wala na MT. In the future, wala na talaga MT, AT na may paddle shifter na.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy