New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 10323015 View Post
    7km/l, 10km/l, 13km/l... kahit ano pa yun.
    lpg costs P35/l.
    sulit na sulit to sa 41k.. bawing bawi in less than a year.

question lang mga sir, di naman ba makakaapekto sa buhay ng makina yung conversion?

thanks
    +1 ako dito.

it's not actually the distance you get per liter that makes it cost effective... it's the cost per liter.

a properly tuned conversion will get you roughly the same km/L or slightly lower than the usual for petrol. the advantage is the cost of the fuel.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, you can get the Accent's amazing fuel mileage if you drive like you were in the Petron Extra Mile challenge all the time..
    honga ha-ha

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Minor update:

Car still runs well except on some occassions where it felt "palyado". A check at Greenfuel showed that the sparkplugs needed a change or cleaning. A cleaning and a check on the sparkplug gaps later, the car was back to running smoothly.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    bkt ka p mgpp lpg conversion kung meron naman na diesel na kotse.sakit kya sa ilong yan lpg pasok sa loob ng sasakyan ang amoy.bili ka ng diesel na kotse tipid ka pa.hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shumaker66 View Post
    bkt ka p mgpp lpg conversion kung meron naman na diesel na kotse.sakit kya sa ilong yan lpg pasok sa loob ng sasakyan ang amoy.bili ka ng diesel na kotse tipid ka pa.hehe
    REMEMBER: No posting in TXT/SMS format. Read the rules.

BTT:

Not all converted cars smell. Just make sure that the conversion is right and there will be no problemo :drive1:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shumaker66 View Post
    If you want to discuss the merits or otherwise of Auto-LPG Conversion, post it in the Auto-LPG conversion thread:

http://tsikot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29208

As for answering your "statements"...

For the people with short memories, gasoline and diesel prices was at P60/L and higher just last year. At the same time, Auto-LPG was P30/L at that same time. For those who failed to remember, diesel was MORE expensive than gasoline. And the only reason why diesel is cheaper in the philippines than in other countries is the fuel cost subsidy gasoline users pay for every liter of fuel sold.

And even then, buying a new diesel car is more expensive than converting an existing car to use LPG. And the only "new" cars you can afford buy would be the Ford Focus, Hyundai Accent and Getz without having to sell your children afford a diesel powered sedan.

BTW, properly installed LPG kit will not leak nor make the car interior smell bad.

ha!
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 10th, 2011 at 04:16 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Pardon for reviving a 1 1/2 year old thread. Been reading up on the Nissan sentry 1.3 gx thread as I'm thinking of getting one. Then I came across this very interesting link.

Any Sentra w lpg converted system users out there? Pa share naman mga experiences nyo... Lpg conversion has been around for several years now, saguaro naman that's a reasonably long time to assess it's longbterm effects on the car engine as well as health ofvthe passengers...

Also, not so clear young pic of the trunk with the tank... I've seen Sentra trunk and it's quitevroomy. How will the LPG affect it's space, paano Na young spare, can we still fit luggage or wheelchair in it, pwede ba patungan young log tank, etc...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    Pardon for reviving a 1 1/2 year old thread. Been reading up on the Nissan sentry 1.3 gx thread as I'm thinking of getting one. Then I came across this very interesting link.

Any Sentra w lpg converted system users out there? Pa share naman mga experiences nyo... Lpg conversion has been around for several years now, saguaro naman that's a reasonably long time to assess it's longbterm effects on the car engine as well as health ofvthe passengers...

Also, not so clear young pic of the trunk with the tank... I've seen Sentra trunk and it's quitevroomy. How will the LPG affect it's space, paano Na young spare, can we still fit luggage or wheelchair in it, pwede ba patungan young log tank, etc...

The N16 Sentra 1.3L in the picture is still running daily with Auto-LPG. No problems at all. Normal scheduled tune-ups only to change oil/sparkplugs,etc.

The spare tire will be placed on-top of the Auto-LPG fuel tank. If more space is needed (example: large luggage or wheelchair), the spare tire can be temporarily left at home/office. Alternatively, you can purchase a spacesaver spare tire that will be around 1/3 to 1/4 smaller than a standard sized spare tire.

You can place stuff on-top of the Auto-LPG tank. But in our Sentra, we have a false floor made (plywood) to cover the tank and give a smooth/level flooring to the trunk. This also prevents metal-to-metal contact with any loose objects placed in the trunk, so no "clink-clink" or "tang!" noises will happen. A cheaper solution would simply be a rubber mat cut to the shape of the trunk, but the floor would still follow the contour of the tank, etc.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    saguaro naman that's a reasonably long time to assess it's longbterm effects on the car engine as well as health ofvthe passengers....
    I have been driving my LPG converted Corolla longer than the Sentra has been converted to run on LPG.

My brothers, nephew, family drivers (those who use Auto-LPG converted Sentra, CRV, Camry) are all healthy and living disease-free lives. The same goes with me.

If there is any health risks with LPG, our collective mothers and cooks would have had experienced some sort of health problems since we have been using LPG to cook our food for decades.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fixed links to the pictures on the first post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2008 Nissan Sentra 1.3L (N16 body) AUTO-LPG conversion