Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Wow! GT-R na ba talga name nyan? Wala nang "Skyline?"

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xTrememan View Post
    Yep it got out na to it's Skyline body... they parted ways na actually.
    The "Ultimate Japanese Supercar" has it's own unique battle armor.

Tama si Mr. Ignited, the legend Godzilla has been using the Atessa Ets since the championship laden R32 body pa, just ask the Australians on how it got the nick of a mutant Japanese T-Rex and how it kicked the American and Euro auto brands butt in the process. Dami motorsports record nitong supercar na ito.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'm still not convinced with the GT-R. too much understeer and bulk. i bet an 86 can overtake that one in the mountain passes.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xTrememan View Post
    The new GT-R moved upmarket on its own platform. Its now a stand-alone model with a rear mounted transmission(transaxle) unlike the more conventional Skylines.

This is the current Nissan Skyline coupe and sedan (its sold in North America as the Infiniti G37 coupe and G35 sedan)

The greenhouse section of the new Skyline coupe actually looks sleeker than the one of the new GT-R.
    Last edited by AG4; November 30th, 2007 at 04:21 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yep, the windsheild's angle is just plain disturbing. for some reason, the hood suggest the car to be sleek but arriving at the windshield and roof gives me a porsche like figure although i like porsche better than this one.
    in other words, it's a mishap to begin with aesthetically.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    i'm still not convinced with the GT-R. too much understeer and bulk. i bet an 86 can overtake that one in the mountain passes.
    An 86?! ah a fan of an hit anime? well well well... a non believer I presume. Just ask the actor Paul Walker why he bought a GT-R out of all Jap imports he drove in the Fast n d Furious series, actually he bought the car immediately during the making of the 2fast2furious! But it's ok everybody has a right to it's own opinion. But actual facts would easily convince any real car fans (tuners especially) that this car is the real deal in Japanese performance cars.

I came from cali back in the states, and I've been "exposed" in what you call the tuner scene there. In the process, I've come to know why the heck most of the time this car is the last to be unlocked in racing video games. You know getting a low down on it's heritage and history where up to this time no other Jap car has surpass it's feats and records, it's actually a legendary car. I guess thats why my tuner friends back in cali goes gaga everytime they would see a GT-R passing. Its tagged godzilla, holy grail of Japanese performance, the ultimate Japanese supercar... etc. to name a few.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Power to weight:
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    An 86?! ah a fan of an hit anime? well well well... a non believer I presume. Just ask the actor Paul Walker why he bought a GT-R out of all Jap imports he drove in the Fast n d Furious series, actually he bought the car immediately during the making of the 2fast2furious! But it's ok everybody has a right to it's own opinion. But actual facts would easily convince any real car fans (tuners especially) that this car is the real deal in Japanese performance cars.
    I understand what he is saying... but the all-new GT-R is now in a different level, i'm sure this thing is quicker around the track with a platform, suspension and engine/drivetrain specifically designed for it.

About the AE86 Trueno and R34 Skyline GT-R...
    A properly modified AE86 Trueno has an advantage over a stock Skyline GT-R on twisty mountain roads and tracks with tighter turns. The modified AE86 trueno's light weight and short wheelbase makes up for what it lacks in straightline speed.
    Here's the R34 Skyline GT-R vs Keiichi Tsuchiya's modified TRD AE86 Sprinter Trueno.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0hRzpZyJlU&feature=related"]YouTube - AE86 versus R34 GT-R[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5fe8JoW7dg"]YouTube - AE86 vs Skyline vs TRD AE86[/ame]

Keiichi Tsuchiya's modified TRD AE86 Sprinter Trueno (20-valve 4A-GE)
    Power: 185PS
    Curb weight: estimated 900kg
    Power to weight ratio: 4.86 kg/hp

R34 Skyline GT-R V-spec
    Power: 327PS (advertised as 280PS)
    Curb weight 1560kg
    Power to weight ratio: 4.77 kg/hp

Take note, Keiichi Tsuchiya's Trueno was custom built for him by TRD, aside from that you'll also need the skills of an experienced racecar driver like him.
    Last edited by AG4; December 2nd, 2007 at 05:38 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Power to weight:
    I understand what he is saying... but the all-new GT-R is now in a different level, i'm sure this thing is quicker around the track with a platform, suspension and engine/drivetrain specifically designed for it.

About the AE86 Trueno and R34 Skyline GT-R...
    A properly modified AE86 Trueno has an advantage over a stock Skyline GT-R on twisty mountain roads and tracks with tighter turns. The modified AE86 trueno's light weight and short wheelbase makes up for what it lacks in straightline speed.
    Here's the R34 Skyline GT-R vs Keiichi Tsuchiya's modified TRD AE86 Sprinter Trueno.
    YouTube - AE86 versus R34 GT-R
    YouTube - AE86 vs Skyline vs TRD AE86

Keiichi Tsuchiya's modified TRD AE86 Sprinter Trueno (20-valve 4A-GE)
    Power: 185PS
    Curb weight: estimated 900kg
    Power to weight ratio: 4.86 kg/hp

R34 Skyline GT-R V-spec
    Power: 327PS (advertised as 280PS)
    Curb weight 1560kg
    Power to weight ratio: 4.77 kg/hp

Take note, Keiichi Tsuchiya's Trueno was custom built for him by TRD, aside from that you'll also need the skills of an experienced racecar driver like him.
    Yep also watched this video, but it was said that this vid was scripted, but then ofcourse no need to edit anything coz the driver Keiichi was up against was really no match for the Jap icon. This match was downhill, a match advantageous to the 86 and what Keiichi always says as the "real men's race" (especially when using his hachi aka 86 ) as compared to the uphill where the more powerful cars most of the time came on top.

Trivia: Did you that Keichi was a part of the GT-R Nissan Team that dominated the whole JGTC series year by year in the 90s?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Actually this video was made by best motoring thru Keiichi to show people that-- it doesn't always mean that if you have a powerful car you would just walk by any other weaker car at anyday at all. In this case Best Motoring used the lowly old 86 vs. Japan's only real supercar to date (as stated by BBCs Top gear).

Your right dhel dude, Keiichi is all so familiar w/ the GodzillaT-R for he to was a part of team Nissan / nismo in the 90s. He he.. Paul Walker didn't waste time acquiring he's own mighyty R34 ei!! Maybe he's still do the nitrous purge on ladies on skirts! Ha ha ha!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hmmm... AFIAK, the reason why the GT-R losed from an 86 aside from a gimpy driver was because of INERTIA. more bulk=less agile=understeer=slower cornering. still not convinced. how about we put it in a le mans race instead.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2008 Nissan GT-R!!! official photos!!!