New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dhel View Post
    An 86?! ah a fan of an hit anime? well well well... a non believer I presume. Just ask the actor Paul Walker why he bought a GT-R out of all Jap imports he drove in the Fast n d Furious series, actually he bought the car immediately during the making of the 2fast2furious! But it's ok everybody has a right to it's own opinion. But actual facts would easily convince any real car fans (tuners especially) that this car is the real deal in Japanese performance cars.

I came from cali back in the states, and I've been "exposed" in what you call the tuner scene there. In the process, I've come to know why the heck most of the time this car is the last to be unlocked in racing video games. You know getting a low down on it's heritage and history where up to this time no other Jap car has surpass it's feats and records, it's actually a legendary car. I guess thats why my tuner friends back in cali goes gaga everytime they would see a GT-R passing. Its tagged godzilla, holy grail of Japanese performance, the ultimate Japanese supercar... etc. to name a few.
    Legendary? Let's bring it to Bukidnon. You drive it and watch your tail because a Crosswind might overtake you. :hysterical:
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Legendary? Let's bring it to Bukidnon. You drive it and watch your tail because a Crosswind might overtake you. :hysterical:
    he he a good one dude.. but seriously speaking, it is a legend amongst Japanese performance cars. Like what dude Ignited said the auto gurus of Topgear stated that the GT-R was the only contribution of the Japanese to the supercar category.. I think that was the time they drove an R34 or an R33. But now with the new Godzilla, it really convinces them more thus giving it the Supercar of the Year Award.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I also know the car is a legend at it's own right worldwide... ever since I got to use this car on my PS when I was in highschool and asked a car enthusiast relative who works Japan about it, I slowly get to know the car better and why they say tuners in Japan get anxious every time they see a GT-R in their rear view.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    imho, the real test is not only limited by smooth race tracks. sometimes you have to go offroad - snow, desert, etc. rally fanboi here :p
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    A japanese national told me that the GT-R uses special high traction tires that lasts only 10,000 klms. and would set you back around PHP125,000 or 250.000 for the set. Can any Tsikoteer based in Japan confirm this.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    ford cortina na lang bilhin mo pwede ka pang bumili ng 2nd hand tires. sa design palang talong talo nya gtr

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    very nice car

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    A japanese national told me that the GT-R uses special high traction tires that lasts only 10,000 klms. and would set you back around PHP125,000 or 250.000 for the set. Can any Tsikoteer based in Japan confirm this.
    Entirely believable. It uses the RE070, 255/19 in front, 285/19 at the back.

For the local Subaru STI, the RE070s are 225/17ss all around, and cost around 60-70k. 125k is very believable for the sizes the R35 is running. Treadwear is also about right for a 10k km range, depending of course on how much fast driving you do.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
2008 Nissan GT-R!!! official photos!!!