The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    estimated price?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    The Bluebird Sylphy name is used in Japan...
    Somehow, it is becoming more obvious that our next Sentra will use the Bluebird Sylphy form factor (or rather, we may use the exact same thing).

I just heard a few months ago that Donfeng Nissan would manufacture the Bluebird Sylphy (Xuan Yi) by Q3 this year for the Chinese Domestic Market. A newly built engine plant will also manufacture the HR15DE/HR16DE and MR20DE engines (the former for the Tiida Sedan/Hatch while the latter for the new Bluebird Sylphy)

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS...0228-01-e.html

So, we can expect the new "G11" to be the replacement for our current Sentra while the Tiida Sedan & Hatch would be slotted under it.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    One downside that may occur is the fact that the CVT may not have an "M6"...

Well, it may to early to tell at this point pero napansin ko na this steering wheel doesn't have any installation for paddle shifters.

As of now, it's only this one that has steering wheel paddle shifters.

So far, the only models that use this steering wheel design are the Lafesta, New Serena, Wingroad and USDM Sentra (all expect the latter are Japan-built units).

And this knowing that the only way they will get manual mode, for these vehicles, is through paddle shifters.

I think that one reason for Nissan to do such is because it is more expensive to create a push/pull sportshift wherein you shift to "D" then push/or pull the shifter to the vertical -/+ area (esp. when making LHD platforms for an RHD-built car).
    But thru paddle shifters, they won't have to add any slot for the - & + within the gear shifter and all they have to do is add paddle shifts. It makes more sense because it is more economical and it is cheaper to create export versions that involve creating LHD versions of JDM-only vehicles. And it is sportier too rather than just pushing/pulling the gear shifter.

But going back to the G11 having manual mode or not....

For me, it is still a big gamble (esp. when competitors such as MZ3 and FD Civic have manual modes on their "slushboxes") if the "G11" won't have it.

But then again, we still have to see on what Taiwan and Thailand will do first.

Another issue though is regarding the elimination of the "super multi-console" and "foot brake" just to add a manual tranny that's mated to a handbrake.

Because IMO, that's the only way they're going to put a manual tranny on this thing.....unless of course, they decided to go auto tranny all the way and keep the footbrake.

But that's just another issue that can be discussed at another time.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    it has the headlights of the Z not bad not bad

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    The USDM Sentra looks like a horribly mangled mutant Mazda3 Optra CTS... AG4 is right, mukhang di ginamit dito yung Golden Mean...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven
    Somehow, it is becoming more obvious that our next Sentra will use the Bluebird Sylphy form factor (or rather, we may use the exact same thing).

I just heard a few months ago that Donfeng Nissan would manufacture the Bluebird Sylphy (Xuan Yi) by Q3 this year for the Chinese Domestic Market. A newly built engine plant will also manufacture the HR15DE/HR16DE and MR20DE engines (the former for the Tiida Sedan/Hatch while the latter for the new Bluebird Sylphy)

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS...0228-01-e.html

So, we can expect the new "G11" to be the replacement for our current Sentra while the Tiida Sedan & Hatch would be slotted under it.
    In Taiwan yata aalisin na ang Sentra name in favor of the Tiida/Latio marque but i think Nissan Motors Philippines will also manufacture here the Bluebird Sylphy soon(remember the CEO of NMPI said they would manufacture here a 1.8 and 2.0 liter sedan..) and it will use the Sentra name and the Tiida(the Tiida here will be sourced from Thailand alongside with the over delayed Teana) will be pitted against the Vios/City/Yaris/Jazz segment.maybe we'll see here the 6 Speed CVT with paddleshifts.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman
    In Taiwan yata aalisin na ang Sentra name in favor of the Tiida/Latio marque but i think Nissan Motors Philippines will also manufacture here the Bluebird Sylphy soon(remember the CEO of NMPI said they would manufacture here a 1.8 and 2.0 liter sedan..) and it will use the Sentra name and the Tiida(the Tiida here will be sourced from Thailand alongside with the over delayed Teana) will be pitted against the Vios/City/Yaris/Jazz segment.maybe we'll see here the 6 Speed CVT with paddleshifts.
    Wow, saan mo nakuha yung information na iyan? How come you know so much?

All I know is that they will be releasing the 350Z roadster this year and will start upgrading the Sta. Rosa Plant to manufacture a Minivan/MPV for next year. But basically, that's all I know about the upcoming Nissans here in RP.

But seriously, where do you get all these info??? I would really like to know more

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman
    In Taiwan yata aalisin na ang Sentra name in favor of the Tiida/Latio marque but i think Nissan Motors Philippines will also manufacture here the Bluebird Sylphy soon(remember the CEO of NMPI said they would manufacture here a 1.8 and 2.0 liter sedan..) and it will use the Sentra name and the Tiida(the Tiida here will be sourced from Thailand alongside with the over delayed Teana)
    Any news on the current relations of NMPI and its mother company, Yulon Motor Co. of Taiwan?
    Why are they suddenly switching from Taiwanese Yulon Nissans to Thai built Nissans?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
2007 Nissan Sentra