New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005

HR15DE and MR18DE engines are available. These are new engines that were co-developed with Renault.

carcarloaddict, I think this answers your question.

Diesel engine(s) for Europe will be prepared once this thing hits their market (although no word on what diesel powertrains will be used).

I'll continue to post more pics in due time.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh... so they're dropping the QG series already? That was sudden.

Sana naka QR20VE nalang ang mga bago nila... ...great engine... although nothing will ever replace the SR20 in my heart.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    dudes, according to motioncars, this is the Nissan Versa, panlaban sa City/Vios. comes in hatchback and sedan form

early summer 2006 sa US market

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sabi raw sa Aguascalientes, Mexico plant iaassemble to.

ok ba gumawa mga mexicano?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    if the production car ganito kaganda, i like it...i like it a lot.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm confused: the versa/tiida is supposed to be based on the Renault-Nissan 'B' platform. di ba eto ung platform for their small cars? on the other hand, i read an article comparing it to the toyota matrix, which is at least the size of the compact car

uy, ngayon ko lang napansin ah: 2-door ung nasa pic ni sir FXT!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    sir badkuk...sorry, picture pala yan ng concept Tiida. too bad di ganyan kaganda yung production car nila. you're right, versa and tawag nila sa US, the hatchback comes out summer 2006 and the sedan early 2007, and they will be made in Mexico. the hatchback will look like this, i won't even show you the sedan, it's kinda fugly.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    i'm confused: the versa/tiida is supposed to be based on the Renault-Nissan 'B' platform.
    The Nissan Tiida/Versa is based on a stretched version of the Renault-Nissan Alliance B-platform which is also being used by the all-new Renault Clio III.

The Nissan Bluebird Sylphy, Lafesta MPV and USDM Sentra are based on the Renault-Nissan Alliance C-platform which is also being used by the Renault Megane.
    The JDM Bluebird Sylphy is the narrowest car built on the C-platform, but its also the longest.

Taken from Nissan's Press release...
    2007 Nissan Sentra

The all-new 2007 Nissan Sentra represents a revolution in the advancement of Nissan’s popular compact sedan. This new, sixth generation Sentra is unlike any that has come before – with more style, space, quality, performance and interior flexibility for active lifestyles.

Built on Nissan’s new “C” platform, the 2007 Sentra features an all-new, standard 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, standard 6-speed manual transmission or fuel-efficient Nissan Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) and responsive handling.

Inside the spacious cabin are thoughtful and useful innovations, including a 60/40 split double-fold rear seat, available hidden trunk storage compartment and available integrated overhead compact disc holder. The new Sentra is also available with a wide range of unexpected amenities, ranging from the luxury of leather-appointed seating to the convenience of Nissan’s Intelligent Key keyless entry system.

The 2007 Sentra is scheduled to go on sale in fall 2006 and is expected to have a MSRP starting at around $15,000 (nicely equipped with power door locks and windows, side-impact curtain air bags and air conditioning).

2007 Nissan Versa

The all-new 2007 Nissan Versa represents a dynamic new alternative to current entry-level hatchbacks and sedans. Built on Nissan’s proven B-platform, the stylish new Versa offers a spacious cabin with exceptional rear leg room, a high quality interior and comfortable, stress-free environment. Versa is available with a standard 120-horsepower (estimated) 1.8-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine and a choice of three transmissions, including Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) that provides smooth shifting and enhanced fuel efficiency.

The front-wheel drive Versa will be available in two body styles, a 5-door hatchback and 4-door sedan. Both will be offered with a long list of standard and available equipment, including available Intelligent Key, Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System, satellite radio and Rockford Fosgate-powered subwoofer. The Versa is expected to have a MSRP starting at around $12,000.
    - Nissan

Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    di ba eto ung platform for their small cars? on the other hand, i read an article comparing it to the toyota matrix, which is at least the size of the compact car
    The Tiida/Versa is sort of like an in-between car... in Europe its large enough to can be classified as a compact(Corolla, Focus, Astra, Golf), but in North America its small enough(biggest in its segment) to be classified as a sub-compact (Honda Fit, Chevy Aveo, Scion etc).

So basically, in the US, its still considered as a sub-compact, but is big enough to compete with some compacts...
    Officially, the USDM Sentra is Nissan's compact model for the North American market.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    somehow the USDM version looks better. parang mas mahaba ung nguso compared to the pic posted ni sir FXT.

pwede na ung hatchback sa kin, wag lang sana masyado mahal. pero ung sedan...parang pilit eh

btw, pic lifted from nissanusa.com
    Last edited by badkuk; January 16th, 2006 at 03:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    ir badkuk...sorry, picture pala yan ng concept Tiida. too bad di ganyan kaganda yung production car nila
    too bad, medyo futuristic, but i like it. i bet the concept car's given body kit makers some ideas already B)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2006 Nissan Sentra / Tiida Latio [Merged]