New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Iba talga Japanese market, sobrang daming MPV's. From Toyota alone, you already have the Alphard, Estima (or Previa), Wish, Isis, Sienta, bB, Picnic, etc.

And they also have alot of dedicated JDM minivan magazines as well so I guess malakas talga ang consumer interest for minivans.

If I'm not mistaken, parang naging 3rd best selling car in Japan pa yung Estima for a time.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    There.....was a plan announced that it would be brought here before the decade ends (quoted from Elizabeth Lee ng NMPI sa Motor Show last year). Pero how would they do that?

Sa ngayon, there is no "official" LHD platform for this vehicle. The best that we can do is that sana, sa next model (2008 probably), Nissan Motors would make an LHD platform that is still Japan-made and start selling this to LHD markets (like Russia and the Ukraine). Later on, we can join in that list.

That's the only way that I can think of.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    malabo yan dito, even the alphard tatalunin lang ng starex yan sa tipid i-maintain

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    malabo yan dito, even the alphard tatalunin lang ng starex yan sa tipid i-maintain
    I agree.

However, it doesn't hurt to have more choice in this vehicle segment. The niche market needs something new (and not just expeditions, cadillacs, 300C and the usual MB/BMW vehicle fest).

Hope to see these premium vans launched officially (hopefully before the decade ends).

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I'm curious, which Japanese vans/MPV's are available in LHD aside from the ones we already have here? I can only think of the Toyota Wish in Taiwan and Honda Odyssey in China.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I'm curious, which Japanese vans/MPV's are available in LHD aside from the ones we already have here? I can only think of the Toyota Wish in Taiwan and Honda Odyssey in China.
    Eto palang so far. Btw, I have seen a Toyota Wish (last facelift) in both top-of-the-line G Option variant and 6-seater Z Aero variant in Taiwan. Ang ganda sobra and it really packs a punch. Surprised nga lang ako as to why TMPI is not even bothering to sell it here (either as CBU from Taiwan or Thailand or as a locally-assembled model). That's some lost opportunity there.

I have a hunch on the Elgrand for the next FMC (sa new model in 2008). There may be a possibility of IT having LHD IF Nissan Motors will sell it Russia/Ukraine.

Remember, without Russia & Ukraine, Nissan Japan won't bother making an LHD Teana (na gawang Japan) and without it, we wouldn't even have a Teana in the first place (since Thailand and Taiwan have their hands full and NMPI has its hands full preparing to manufacture an MPV this year)

The sure thinger here: Sell the Elgrand (the next-gen model) in the Soviet Union and we can get an LHD version here. That's guaranteed :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2003 Nissan ELGRAND HIGHWAY STAR..??