New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'm planning to get a "new" 2nd hand car and considering a Grandeur. I've been reading through the different threads and got a little confused. I've gathered that there are 2 grandeur models, how do i know if the one i am looking at is the top of the line model? What is the difference between the 2002 model and the 2004 model?

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I think there's no big difference. Same all beige leather seats, with in-dash VCD monitor/player, etc. Though I notice the earlier Grandeur models have a different type of mags and grille. Anyone confirm?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    oh... i thought that they added/removed some stuff in the latter model. must have been other exaltas. thanks for the info! =)

still trying to decide on my "new" car though. is a grandeur 2002 model still a good buy? or is the 2005 honda city (1.3 manual) a better choice? both are being offered to me at the same price.

manual or matic? fuel efficiency or comfort? older or newer? i need your opinion as i'm really undecided. they are two different cars that offers different things and i'm weighing my options. my budget is only around 300k.

Thanks in advance!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    btw, anyone here who can post the average fuel consumption of a grandeur? thanks!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK grandeur is also called a "Asian Version" of nissan sentra exalta saka parang walang inilabas na ganyan sa japan kasi nung kasabayan nyan sa ibang brand ng car sa japan na meron naman dito na inilabas sa pinas ay meron ng surplus dito na galing japan samantalang yang grandeur ay wala.

nag-ikot-ikot na ako sa mga kakilala kong nagpaparating ng surplus medyo iba daw ang sentra ng japan na 5th generation ng sentra sa 5th generation na inilabas sa atin dito gaya na lang nyang grandeur pero pagdating naman sa pinto, makina at pang ilalim ay salpak naman sya sa asian version.

bale ang naiba lang ay yung headlight, tail lights, gril, fenders, trunk, hood and bumpers..... anyway puede mo naman isalpak yan mga JDM version ng 5th generation ang ilan dyan sa mga parts na yan gaya ng hood, bumpers, headlight, fenders sa sentra na grandeur or asian version kung gusto gawin may pagka-twist ng JDM look
    Last edited by boy_tino; March 12th, 2010 at 01:20 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ah... i see. now i get it! nagpaconfuse lang ako sa mga names nila. thanks po!

i was also able to find a spec sheet for the 2001-2004 exaltas. so i think that pretty much covered my questions about what's in what naren. =) and the rest i can search for in other threads. =)

the question i have to ponder now is: do i get an exalta or a different make and model * a 300k budget for a 2000+ model?

2002 Grandeur