New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    That is the price of the VP44 pump assy. Inclusive of parts and calibrated back to OE Specs. Diagnostics, using their scan tool, usually done by Nissan themselves.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Darn i feel for your wallet dude if that is indeed the problem... and to think i was already complaining about the cost of the OEM fuel filters on my TD27 before (3k to 4K a set).

Do try to ask around with the diesel calibration shops mentioned also by Otep... never hurts to ask around

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    That is the price of the VP44 pump assy. Inclusive of parts and calibrated back to OE Specs. Diagnostics, using their scan tool, usually done by Nissan themselves.
    They actually invested in calibration equipment? Wow. Sila na ata ang unang dealer kung nagkataon.

Sa Mitsu dinadala nila sa AER. The vehicle stays inside the dealership. Yung pump lang at nozzle ang binabiyahe. Medyo malaki at may kamahalan ang calibration equipment.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    ...problem talaga ito kapag naluma, o swertehan lang din?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yes, Central Diesel did actually invest on this calibrating equipment to repair this specific system for VP44. You can actually see this in our facility anytime you are in the area....we welcome anyone to witness the test. If your vehicle is with Nissan or Isuzu, they can actually bring this component assemblies to us without the vehicle being brought here. FYI

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know Central Diesel has the equipment.

We've sent a vehicle there already. I though the earlier post pertained to a Nissan Casa actually having calibration equipment at the dealership.
    Last edited by OTEP; September 21st, 2006 at 06:14 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    attest what?
    That your Patrol drives and feels like new. ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:::
    Dieseldude,
    How much, ball park figure, to calibrate a td42 inline injection pump?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    For more info, please call our office: 411-3711 to 13, 411-2927 and look for Jake Arellano. Thanks

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhol View Post
    I have the periodic maintenance works done religiously pa :-(
    jhol, did you regularly change your fuel filters (primary and secondary) every 20K kms?

i have logged 150K kms already in my patrol and so far, it still runs as if brand new.
    do you fill up your fuel in only one particular gas station or you fill up anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Did you install any fuel saving device? This is also one cause of damaged fuel injectors.
    Wow! 90K! sorry to hear that jhol.

So any other tips to help avoid this fuel injection problem in the future? Here are some of the suggestions deduced from above posts:

1) regularly change fuel filters
    2) fill up only in stations known for their clean fuel
    3) do not install any fuel saving device
    4) sell your patrol

Anything else? How about using Biodiesel? I've been using premixed biodiesel from Flying V for at least a year now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2001 PATROL TDI problem