New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mga Sir... ano ang diff sa dalawang model na ito?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Aside from STA=A/T and SLA=M/T, wood trim/leather abounds intop of the line STA's interior plus a VCD system while SLA is the midrange with the same engine(...I think) minus the luxurious amenities. Both are nice to own as a first car, imo.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    is it true na matakaw ito sa gas? I heard 5km/li daw...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think the SLA has leather. 6-disc in-dash changer instead of 12-disc cassette type CD-changer. Of course, manual transmission, and no sunroof. The SLA is still a "luxury" model, like the STA, but not as loaded.

The Exalta is capable of roughly the same fuel efficiency as other 1.6 ATs of the time. The engine is a pretty good one, DOHC with variable cam timing... but the STA's transmission is complete sh*t (too long, too slow). Poor fuel economy is indicative of a dirty MAF sensor (a common problem with Exaltas)... something you can fix with a 100 peso can of electrical contact cleaner spray.

But the STA's automatic transmission is heavy. That, combined with heavy aircon use (meaning, you turn the AC up to full) can create poor fuel economy. Turn the thermostat on the aircon back up to a more reasonable temperature (maybe 23 or so) and you'll save some gas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2000 STA or SLA