New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hello fellow tsikoteers. I am planning to buy a 2000 model nissan terrano from a friend of mine. Its a 2.4l gas model in immaculate condition. I would like to get your comments on this model. thanks a lot guys and gals.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ok yan basta hindi subic or surplus jdm terrano

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    according to my friend, underpowered at malakas sa fuel ang gas variant. nasa 4 to 5 kms per liter lang daw siya. i think the reason that it is in immaculate condition is because it was rarely driven due to the fuel consumption.

it is also a very inefficient engine pa, dahil carb-type pa siya.

maganda ang porma and maluwag sa loob..... but i would rather get the diesel variant.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    be prepared to shoulder a lot of money for gas. dyan kilala ang terrano 2.4 gas. dami ko kakilala na negrereklamo sa consumption ng terrano. siguro yung sa cousin ko 5kms per liter lang. parang expedition. siyempre pinaayos niya na tune-up and all pero malakas talaga consumo. hatak tama lang for city driving. ok naman interior. ang di ko talga nagustuhan sa terrano ay parang pasok yung gulong niya tapos ang lapad pa ng fender flares. pero a good set of aftermarket rims with the right offset will solve this problem. get the local unit.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    lagyan mo lang ng mags ng safari, maganda na ang terrano. if you can find a diesel variant, go for it.

andy

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Durable and reliable suv, uses a ladder frame which makes it a very durable suv as compared to the mini suv's (crv, rav4, escape, etc.) Has a 4wd system which is helpfull in going offroad : ) Only disadvantage for this model is the 2.4Lt gas, it has a carb engine so expect a thirsty engine and low fuel mileage.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    thanks for the input guys.m planning to use it here in the province where traffic is minimal.do you have any idea of the gas consumption on highway?

2.4L Nissan Terrano comments